• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Devs at War - IW Community Manager blasts WaW Producer, calls him Super Douche

Nizz

WaW is going to always be tied to COD 4 just by the fact that Treyarch are using IW's tech for their game. No way around that... But like 402 mentioned, let the game stand on its own. My nephew was playing the beta/demo of WaW over the weekend and from what I saw, it seems pretty tight. Of course graphics wise it was gonna look good. COD 4 is still a great looking game. I'm curious to see what gameplay spins/tweaks Treyarch have done on their own to change things up a bit. Of course, this game is coming out in one of the most crowded Q4 seasons ever. That, and unemployment ftl...

Blackface

Banned
spindoc said:
What version of COD2 was everyone playing? I can confirm that the KAR98 would kill with just one shot in most situations. I've logged at least a 100 hundred hours on the multiplayer aspect.

I am impressed.

Dyno

Lilsnubby said:
Calling the game Call of Duty and then making it another WWII game is completely retarded to begin with. The whole concept is incredibly stupid and then to have Treyarch do it is just silly. Here you have on the strongest brands in gaming (10mil sold) and you cheapen the brand with a substandard product named the same thing and worse set in the super saturated WWII timeframe. The entire brand strategy seems flawed to me.

I'm not sure yet but with this World At War we might Activision's business model blow up in its face. It was somewhat bold (and ruthless) to have two companies share the fate of the Call of Duty franchise and stagger development between the two. The advantages are obvious: an annual title given two years of development to ensure quality.

What I see happening though is inflexibility. Infinity Ward made a fine game with a huge amount of online mulitplayer longevity. The fans of the title want more support and Activision's developers could have put forth a fraction of the effort, compared to a full game, to provide that support to the community. The profit margins would have been excellent and the fans made content.

Instead however they're pushing a new game on us, a game it seems the majority don't want, and are forcing us to move forward while our loyalties get left behind. Inflexibility causing needless complexity. Never a good sign. They should have seen the scene a little better and alter their strategy thereby.

I can't wait for WaW to come out just so that Infinity Ward can start telling us about Modern Warfare 2. Will there be vehicles? Bigger maps? Online co-op? A sci-fi setting (please no)?

I expect we'll see the first screens sometime this spring.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
jrricky said:
Umm, why cant you compare it to other games while promoting yours???????

It's considered bad form. You're supposed to talk about why your game is good and your knowledge of your own game should be enough to do so without simply resorting to saying "Oh, it's better than X and Y and Z game."

It's called professional courtesy and without it, as you've seen, the gloves come off and you start mini-wars between teams and company's. And this industry is WAY too small for us to be able to afford to rip ourselves apart like this. It puts teams at each others throats.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, since IW got me to pick up only 2 versions of CoD4, compared to the 3 that I picked up of CoD WaW...

CoD WaW > CoD 4

;p

"Devs at War" rocks.

Top Bottom