• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Mystics (Phantom Dust HD) - Which OG Xbox Title Should We Ask MS to Port Next?

aue40FU.png

Via Twitter.

256px-Panzercover.jpg

Time for Panzer Dragoon Orta to finally make a comeback; would love to see SEGA and MS collaborate on bringing it back. Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies or Mech Assault would also be fantastic to see on XB1/PC.

Some context for the Phantom Dust port Code Mystics did.
Let me add that Code Mystics (the development team) are absolute ninjas. This was a 2004 4:3 game. They cracked open and rewrote the renderer, fixed the culling (making the screen display 16x9 is only the first part of the issue), added LIVE support, enabled easy balance tuning, got cross-play working, re-enabled hundreds of custom shaders and VFX (DX8 to DX11 is not a fun conversion, I've learned), made UI changes, and got the framerate to a massively stable 30 FPS on any machine / platform, all while not being able to truly modify the game at its core. That is a feat. Likely you have to be in development to appreciate that, but it's not easy work.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Rallisport 2. Never got bc because it's reliance on the og Xbox hdd. Fucking classic racer with a huge amount of content

Also, fuck otogi. Not sure where all the love comes from, I certainly don't recall it in the Xbox days. Pretty but not great game.

EmiPrime

Rallisport 2. Never got bc because it's reliance on the og Xbox hdd. Fucking classic racer with a huge amount of content

Also, fuck otogi. Not sure where all the love comes from, I certainly don't recall it in the Xbox days. Pretty but not great game.

Yeah it's very flawed. It would need a total reboot/remake, I don't think I'd want to play it again otherwise.

Kingdom under fire. Either one is good, though the second one would be nice since i never got around to finishing that one.

Hasney

Microsoft published and owned IPs? I got nothing. If they can do Sega games, Panzer and JSRF would be ace though. Hell, even Crazy Taxi 3.

iosefe

i like to think me asking them for Fuzion Frenzy shortly after Phantom Dust launched was the catalyst for all this

EBreda

Rallispprt Challenge 2, but I doubt it would have a decent following. That and license issues.

Crimson Skies should be doable.

Surely they wouldn't consider the Sega IPs because Microsoft doesn't own them, right?

IIRC a lot of Sega's Xbox exclusives are in a Bayonetta 2 situation from Microsoft bailing-out Sega after the Dreamcast in exchange for exclusives, presumably in preparation for a full acquisition.

So Microsoft porting them is really the only option.

Seik

Banned
Shouldn't forget about Conker either. We could finally see these bullshots in-game.

You're totally right, and the online was great fun back then, I have no idea if it could still be the case nowadays, but I'd definitely be down to try again!

Sega on OG Xbox might be the best Sega...Panzer Dragoon Orta really does need to be released again. Game was beautiful and the music was rad.

randomkid

wait the otogi games are sega published too? could have sworn they were ms.

what a crazy good line-up on that system from them.

Top Bottom