• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Mystics (Phantom Dust HD) - Which OG Xbox Title Should We Ask MS to Port Next?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why are people posting non microsoft games?

Panzer Dragoon, Ninja Gaiden, Otogi, Metal Wolf Chaos, none of these are Microsoft games.

Of Microsoft's published stuff.. I dunno. I'd rather they just update an actual Mechwarrior game rather then Mechassault, ditto with Crimson Skies, I'd rather see the *far* superior PC version get updated.

So I guess that leaves Rallisport Challenge 2, though I can't see myself playing that in a world where Dirt Rally exists.

gelf

If Sega published it then I want it but especially Panzer Dragoon Orta. Wouldn't mind the Tecmo stuff either.

Nothing MS actually owns comes to my mind.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Panzer Dragoon ORTA.

Jet Set Radio FUTURE.

Ninja Gaiden Black.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

Blinx 1 & 2.

Otogi.

Shenmue II.

TI82

Banned
Most definitely blinx the time sweeper

Blinx_-_The_Time_Sweeper_Coverart.png

Bulby

Was Yager any good? I remember seeing it in a demo booth around the Xbox lauch. Being a kid at the time, the graphics were enough for me to think it was completely amazing.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
aue40FU.png

Via Twitter.

256px-Panzercover.jpg

Time for Panzer Dragoon Orta to finally make a comeback; would love to see SEGA and MS collaborate on bringing it back. Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies or Mech Assault would also be fantastic to see on XB1/PC.

Some context for the Phantom Dust port Code Mystics did.

Assuming it has to be an MGS game?

Rallisport Challenge 2.

Synth

I'd take these for sure! All this hype for Panzer Dragoon, but why did Crimson Dragon bomb so badly? It wasn't THAT far off Panzer Dragoon I don't think. I'm one of the dozens that actually liked the game tho, and I almost 1k'd it. :D

Edit: I'd also like to add Azurik and Nightcaster to the list. Those games were super underrated imo. Although I haven't played them since OG Xbox days, so they could be bad these days, lol.

Crimson Dragon was only superficially similar to Panzer Dragoon. The gameplay itself wasn't very similar at all, and the mission design was nothing like a traditional Panzer Dragoon game.

I'm one of those that liked it also, but I had to stop trying to see it as a Panzer Dragoon game in order to do so.

I'd take these for sure! All this hype for Panzer Dragoon, but why did Crimson Dragon bomb so badly? It wasn't THAT far off Panzer Dragoon I don't think. I'm one of the dozens that actually liked the game tho, and I almost 1k'd it. :D

Crimson Dragon played nothing like Panzer Dragoon
The control scheme was horrible. An on rail game using first person shooter controls was a horrible game design.
And yes it was pretty far off Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Of Microsoft's published stuff.. I dunno. I'd rather they just update an actual Mechwarrior game rather then Mechassault, ditto with Crimson Skies, I'd rather see the *far* superior PC version get updated.

So I guess that leaves Rallisport Challenge 2, though I can't see myself playing that in a world where Dirt Rally exists.

Console gamers such as myself, don't care for MechWarrior or the so called superior version of Crimson Skies. We found Xbox Crimson Skies and Mechassualt fun, that's why people want it. So get off your PC elitist stand and understand there are a lot of people who don't care for PC gaming.

And Rallisport 2 is better than Dirty Rally

Why are people posting non microsoft games?

Panzer Dragoon, Ninja Gaiden, Otogi, Metal Wolf Chaos, none of these are Microsoft games.

I mean, Code Mystics worked with SNK and Sony for Garou. I don't know why it's out of the possibility that Microsoft could fund and work with the proper rights holders to get it done if they really wanted to

Raimond

Coker live and reloaded. I tried playing conker on Rare Replay, but the controls were difficult. And plus, conker could use an update.

KyleCross

Count me in for Conker L&R. Still pissed Rare Replay included just the N64 version because vocal fans always cried about L&R.

Isurus

All this thread is doing is reminding me of the amazing new IP's that got me hooked to the original Xbox, most of which have effectively disappeared. Backwards compatibility with OG Xbox games would be an awesome surprise announcement this E3. If they aren't going to revive these IP's with sequels, it would at least be nice to relive the glory days.

I never got an original Xbox and only played a few of its exclusives with my Xbox 360. So I would welcome some more ports like Phantom Dust. Personally, I would like to see Unreal Championship 2, Jet Set Radio Future and the Blinx games.

Trup1aya

Man, reading this thread is just making me sad about all the IPs and studios murdered- many of them before their prime.

Nategc20

Banned
No bullshit.

The nostalgia in this thread makes me want to cry. Such good times that console generation. We all had so much to look forward too. :)

Mobius01

Project Gotham Racing (Licensing nightmare, so not gonna happen)
JSRF (Music licensing hurdle)
Panzer Dragoon
Blinx
Rallisport Challenge 2 (Another licensing nightmare)
Gun Valkyrie
Dead or Alive 3

The only other one I wanted thankfully got a remaster (Voodoo Vince).

Oh, and maybe this:

vhKSaCo.jpg

All this thread is doing is reminding me of the amazing new IP's that got me hooked to the original Xbox, most of which have effectively disappeared. Backwards compatibility with OG Xbox games would be an awesome surprise announcement this E3. If they aren't going to revive these IP's with sequels, it would at least be nice to relive the glory days.

It's a criminally underrated system for sure, there's a bigger library of quality exclusives than most would give it credit for. Then you add in the fact that the OG Xbox almost always had the technically superior versions of multiplats, near universal progressive scan support, and robust audio options... it's a beast of a console.

Anyways, my vote is for a faithful port of Ninja Gaiden Black and/or Metal Wolf Chaos.

Top Bottom