• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty and Sacred Symbols Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him on Podcast Beyond and PS I Love You before the "controversy". Haven't listened since the early days of him branching off since these 3-4 hour podcasts are too long and I'm too lazy to skip around to the good parts.

Brock2621

Really enjoy the guys on the podcast, enjoy the takes, don't agree with 100% but I don't with anyone. Alas... not sure the purpose of the thread, but might I simply suggest a different podcast than getting onto the forums to dog on a podcast not intended for your apparent tastes that other people might like?

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Eh he loves cyberpunk 2077.
Gets a pass from me.
802519.jpg

Cat What GIF by truth

Tsaki

The Sacred Symbols is a Playstation podcast. People have been there from day 1 with the expectation that that would be the sole focus of it. So no, he shouldn't talk about games that are not available on this specific platform. That's not the premise in which the podcast was established for. As for his personal GOTY games, what is your problem with them? Farcry 6, FF16 and Horizon are his favourites. So what?

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is how he gets paid, It's nothing more than an act, He's got 2 guys on pay role to do the same thing for xbox content.
there's easier ways to make a living than running a years long con where you pretend to cover a video game system that you dont even like

all evidence points to these people actually being fans of the systems they cover.

Fbh

Almost weekly.
I find the show fun, I enjoy the hour of random rambling before they even get into the actual gaming topics and I like how all 3 of them are quite different in their taste.
I don't agree with Collin on a lot of things and we do have a very different taste in games but I think that's part of what sets the show apart from most other podcasts. If you want a show where everyone involved has the same generic tastes and opinions and they all talk about the same high profile critically acclaimed games to gush over them you can listen to almost any other podcast.
That's what happened to Easy Allies, they used to have Brandon who liked mobile games and generic open worlds, and Kyle who was always a bit of a contrarian, and Ben who was a full on weeb. Now the tastes and opinions of those who remain are so homogeneous it's boring, Isla is the only one with a different taste but she is annoying as fuck.

Also I don't really think Collin is a fanboy. If anything I agree with Interfectum Interfectum in that he is stubbornly clinging to this "playstation guy" image when he seems to be increasingly disenchanted with the brand: He didn't enjoy PsVR2, he was very mid on GOW Ragnarok and didn't even play GT7, he isn't excited about the GAAS push at Sony, he was disappointed in the recent showcase, etc

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Does anyone listen to this weekly? I really enjoy the long form takes but I have to say more and more recently Colin has become really annoying to listen to. He might be the most juvenile Playstation fanboy I've ever seen.

Dude refuses to play anything that's not on playstation, hails Farcry 6 as his game of the year, while won't play elden ring or tears of the kingdom as he finds from soft too hard and botw/totk aren't real Zelda games to him. Meanwhile he is hailing FF16 as the like greatest game he's played in years. He will never admit he is wrong, i.e the Activision Deal going thru bc it helps MSFT, and will have a segment about him being right about everything.

I do like him most of the time but the vainglorious Playstation brow beating is such a bizarre thing to listen to in between generally sane takes. Also his co hosts Chris and Dustin seem utterly terrified to to disagree with him on anything.

Idk, it's just so bizarre how he will poopoo on anything that isn't playstation first party. Like this guy actually thinks horizon is at the peak of gaming
I don't think I tune in weekly to any gaming podcasts anymore, but sacred symbols is on of the few that doesn't kowtow to the cult so it has that going for them.

Like most influences they all have decent and insane opinions. But most podcasts these days are quite boring to listen to, I don't know if that comes from listening to alot of these gaming podcasts since they were literally audio only and receiving diminishing returns or like most things regarding the internet it's never been easier to be updated on the latest things going on so podcasts become redundant 🤷

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Colin said he thinks Fairgame$ looks awesome.

Colin said a CGI trailer for a multiplayer only game looks awesome.

Colin has finally become a true gamer.

Honestly, I have no idea how he's going to do this podcast in the era of GAAS PlayStation.

Hunnybun

I've got a soft spot for the guy cos of the way he was treated, and he's obviously got a lot of balls, but the length of the episodes is just ludicrous (guys, you're just not that entertaining), and his refusal to play all the big releases in a timely manner seems like a disservice to the listeners imo.

I haven't listened for quite a while now.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I like him...he can be annoying and he's a massive playstation fanboy but he seems alright to me, and does make great points from time to time.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Colin is the only one out there that has any balls. Listen to his commentary on Hogwarts when it released. He's also one of the only ones left that really has any pull for industry "celebrities." The fact he was able to get Ken Levine on there for an hours long discussion is pretty huge imo. Even the old GiantBomb guys with their "safe place" patreons cant even get people like him around anymore and he used to casually stop by their studio a decade ago, same with Nolan North.

The only thing Im not a fan of are Chris and Dustin. I just dont really see a chemistry there between the three. Certainly doesnt help theyre not all in the same room together having these talks.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I find it more hilarious that their podcast always has some solemn atmosphere:messenger_tears_of_joy: Like nobody is happy being there.

This is just a consequence of them all being remote and not all in one room. If they were all together in one spot the energy would absolutely be different and for the better.

Meifu

I like him...he can be annoying and he's a massive playstation fanboy but he seems alright to me, and does make great points from time to time.
This is basically where I am. I think people are taking this thread as I hate Colin, but what I'm really trying to say is I like SS but have noticed a deeper fanboysim in recent months especially since the MSFT buyout of Activision and that at times it even lakes consistency or.logic. I'm otherwise a big fan of the pod!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom