• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

At least my 'stros won.

What a horrendous first half from Notre Dame. Clearly weren't ready to play to the level of Clemson. The door isn't completely shut if everyone keeps losing. UCLA went down, Georgia went down, Ole Miss went down, Notre Dame went down. There's still a lot of football to play.

Good game Clemson, why couldn't you pull a Clemson.

Right on. Their early gameplan showed the extra preparation that they had. They came out lightning fast. My only hope is that we see them again in the playoffs if such a thing is possible. And dear Lord, that was a lot of rain. Hope everyone down there stays safe.

Who's the bandwagon? Are there any fans besides Dsyndrome and me?

Been a fan since I was kid (and actually remember Tony Rice, Michael Stonebreaker, Rocket etc).

I just don't like watching them after a loss. There is no point.

I take sports irrationally serious, which is why I still haven't spoken to a friend of mine after she gloated over the superbowl.

It has been a few seasons since Clemson has lost to an unworthy opponent, so if they keep to that trend, their only real challenge should be Florida State in November. Based on the way the two teams are playing (and with the game at Death Valley), Clemson should be the clear favorite as of today. Can they do it? Can they be the ACC's flag bearer this year?

I'm gonna be so pissed if Clemson shits the bed next week, though. It's happened to everyone else we've played so far this year.

You should be worried about your team just tilting off the face of the earth like last year first.

I guess that part comes after the 2nd loss though ;)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
4 of the top 10 lost (Miss, ND, UGA, UCLA).

Feels like it's all up for grabs this season, nobody is great. Utah might be the most impressive team I've watched this year. Especially if Michigan ends up being legit.

El_Chino

4 of the top 10 lost (Miss, ND, UGA, UCLA).

Feels like it's all up for grabs this season, nobody is great. Utah might be the most impressive team I've watched this year. Especially if Michigan ends up being legit.

It's amazing how Michigan and Florida have defied the odds so far.

Ghazi

First and last college ball game I'll probably go to. No faith in Butch, people around here were hyping him up pretty hard, too.

Like, we essentially lost to Toledo (apparently that's bad).

Draconian

So your point is only to your own undefined time frame. Noted.

Sorry, I don't think his conference championship from three seasons ago when they finished with four losses is going to make me change my mind on if he's currently getting it done.

EDIT: Perhaps I should've put "again" on my initial comment though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

CQca-g7WUAAz_fN.jpg

Ole Miss'd the turn, now stuck

Sorry, I don't think his conference championship from three seasons ago when they finished with four losses is going to make me change my mind on if he's currently getting it done.

EDIT: Perhaps I should've put "again" on my initial comment though.

The last 3+ seasons, they're winning all the games they're supposed to win. They're not having the meltdowns against lesser opponents. They've gone 11-2, 11-2, and 10-3, winning all their bowl games. They have wins over #8 LSU in a bowl game in 2012, #5 UGA in 2013 and then #7 Ohio State in the bowl that season, and then Oklahoma in the bowl game last year. All of their losses have been to teams either in the top 12 at the time or to a team that finished in the top 10 (GT, 2014). If I were a Clemson fan, would it be nice for them to have won a few of those? Sure. But I hope I wouldn't be insane and lose my mind over it. (From the outside looking in, I think I like Dabo better than a lot of Clemson fans do.)

As I said in a different post, if they can keep to the trend of winning the games they're supposed to win, then they look good for this year. Georgia Tech next week should be a challenge, despite the Chop Blockers dropping some games recently. But then the big challenge will be that November 7 match-up versus Florida State in Death Valley, and both teams could be undefeated. Win that game, and I don't know what stops them from winning out other than a return to pre-2012 form.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Week 5 Pick 'em Results
name [ tot_score ] [ w5_score ]
Randolph Freelander [ 29 ] [ 12 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 28 ] [ 9 ]
pxleyes [ 19 ] [ 9 ]
timetokill [ 28 ] [ 8 ]
ag-my001 [ 24 ] [ 8 ]
MrJames [ 26 ] [ 8 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 28 ] [ 7 ]
bucknuticus [ 25 ] [ 7 ]
KingGondo [ 30 ] [ 7 ]
JCX [ 19 ] [ 7 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 30 ] [ 7 ]
The Outsider [ 22 ] [ 7 ]
lonestar [ 28 ] [ 6 ]
perfectchaos007 [ 28 ] [ 6 ]
AlteredBeast [ 24 ] [ 6 ]
andycapps [ 24 ] [ 6 ]
Ganhyun [ 21 ] [ 6 ]
Battlezone [ 24 ] [ 6 ]
Fragamemnon [ 22 ] [ 6 ]
Monroeski [ 29 ] [ 6 ]
ryseing [ 25 ] [ 6 ]
cdyhybrid [ 24 ] [ 5 ]
chaosblade [ 25 ] [ 5 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 26 ] [ 5 ]
Kacar [ 27 ] [ 5 ]
theprodigy [ 24 ] [ 5 ]
Mac the Knife [ 23 ] [ 5 ]
FelixOrion [ 25 ] [ 5 ]
sf2fanatic [ 22 ] [ 5 ]
Karl2177 [ 22 ] [ 5 ]
chicko1983 [ 24 ] [ 4 ]
Dsyndrome [ 25 ] [ 4 ]
xeris [ 32 ] [ 4 ]
cashman [ 23 ] [ 4 ]
PhoenixDark [ 8 ] [ 4 ]
Subitai [ 16 ] [ 3 ]
Westonian [ 24 ] [ 2 ]
StrikerObi [ 6 ] [ 0 ]
Chris R [ 4 ] [ 0 ]
jjasper [ 6 ] [ 0 ]
jhriad [ 17 ] [ 0 ]
TS-08 [ 18 ] [ 0 ]
ConfusingJazz [ 18 ] [ 0 ]
desh [ 4 ] [ 0 ]
Total Points
name [ tot_score ]
xeris [ 32 ]
KingGondo [ 30 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 30 ]
Randolph Freelander [ 29 ]
Monroeski [ 29 ]
lonestar [ 28 ]
perfectchaos007 [ 28 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 28 ]
timetokill [ 28 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 28 ]
Kacar [ 27 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 26 ]
MrJames [ 26 ]
chaosblade [ 25 ]
Dsyndrome [ 25 ]
bucknuticus [ 25 ]
FelixOrion [ 25 ]
ryseing [ 25 ]
cdyhybrid [ 24 ]
chicko1983 [ 24 ]
AlteredBeast [ 24 ]
andycapps [ 24 ]
Battlezone [ 24 ]
theprodigy [ 24 ]
Westonian [ 24 ]
ag-my001 [ 24 ]
Mac the Knife [ 23 ]
cashman [ 23 ]
Fragamemnon [ 22 ]
sf2fanatic [ 22 ]
Karl2177 [ 22 ]
The Outsider [ 22 ]
Ganhyun [ 21 ]
JCX [ 19 ]
pxleyes [ 19 ]
TS-08 [ 18 ]
ConfusingJazz [ 18 ]
jhriad [ 17 ]
Subitai [ 16 ]
PhoenixDark [ 8 ]
StrikerObi [ 6 ]
jjasper [ 6 ]
Chris R [ 4 ]
desh [ 4 ]
Average total score: 23.90
Average score for week 5: 5.95

lmao. Can't believe I missed this.

efGxu4P.png

Dude got fired for it, but still. Between this and a Texas player tweeting about transferring at halftime.... yikes.

It just shows how whiney the Texas alums are. Strong's in year two. He was left with nothing in the way of players. Mack didn't recruit a real qb in years.

Top Bottom