• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEAST doesn't care about 4th and 15.

Boise Conversion leads to TD.

SD State conversion on drive and getting close to running time out.

Implications if Boise loses? Ohio get back in, or somebody else gets it? No non-BCS conference teams in the BCS bowls?

Game. Boise loses.

Big balls to go for it on 4th and 2 instead of punting to pin back deep. Started to audible with :06 on the clock, so I thought they were just trying to draw offsides, but they just got it off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Game. Boise loses.

Big balls to go for it on 4th and 2 instead of punting to pin back deep. Started to audible with :06 on the clock, so I thought they were just trying to draw offsides, but they just got it off.

leswax.gif

Pssh, three is nothing. 5+ or bust.

Hey, some of us didn't start playing quality football until we got 70 or 80 years of practice. It is hard to get these things right!

Three seems like the perfect number. We should definitely institute a "modern era" standard like some other sports do. Let's say 1989. No earlier than 74.

bluemax

Banned
Taking off my homer glasses for a sec and I'd note there are things to be concerned about for Oregon.

From the point where it was 21-3 Oregon the Ducks were out scored 35-27 and it could have been worse if Marqise Lee didn't fumble.

It shouldve been 14-10 had the refs called PI on that pick.

USC got good penetration all night but missed a lot of tackles in the backfield. The other top 4 teams don't have the kind of tackling issues USC has and as Bowl games have proven if you can beat Oregon at the point of attack you can win.

Monte Kiffin has no idea what a basic zone read play is or how to defend it. I think Nick Saban knows a bit more about them.

Oregon is undisciplined. Check their penalty numbers.

Oregons corners still blow.

Now I think the Ducks can win against anyone but I don't feel it is a foregone conclusion by any means.

Well we could talk about the 2010 Oregon team that beat USC by 21 points and what happened in their bowl game.

But hopefully you guys get my point, just because Oregon pantsed USC again doesn't mean they're some unbeatable force of nature. We've seen this twice in the last 5 years!
Actually, no. The only comparable offense to this one is the Dixon and Stewart led Ducks that faltered after Dixon was injured during his frontrunner Heisman season. Masoli couldn't throw and Thomas couldn't run.

This Duck team has an extra dimension like the Dixon and Stewart teams with Mariota.

bluemax

Banned
I can tell you no SEC team has a QB or receivers like USC. That Trojan team was pumped as hell to play Oregon. Embarrassing the USC defense like that at the Coliseum is a signature win for the Ducks.

The USC defense didn't look pumped as hell. They looked lost, confused and overmatched. Traits I haven't seen from the Crimson Tide or K-State.

The USC defense didn't look pumped as hell. They looked lost, confused and overmatched. Traits I haven't seen from the Crimson Tide or K-State.

I didn't see much of the game because I was out. But the Crimson Tide pass defense sure as hell seemed confused by Mettenberger late in the game. I can't recall seeing them play that poorly in recent memory.

They looked confused and lost because they played the Ducks offense. You realize no team ever in USC football history put up the numbers the Duck offense did to this defense. It was a historic game of all time.

They looked confused and lost because they played the Ducks offense. You realize no team ever in USC football history put up the numbers the Duck offense did to this defense. It was a historic game of all time.

Then you realize that no team ever in USC football history has had the kind of NCAA sanctions on them that this one did.

bluemax

Banned
Actually, no. The only comparable offense to this one is the Dixon and Stewart led Ducks that faltered after Dixon was injured during his frontrunner Heisman season. Masoli couldn't throw and Thomas couldn't run.

This Duck team has an extra dimension like the Dixon and Stewart teams with Mariota.

I wasn't trying to draw direct comparisons. My point was Oregon has pantsed USC before and still lost their bowl game.

bluemax

Banned

Your offense wasn't that confusing at all. The USC defense is just thin and poorly coached and coordinated. We made Arizona look like a good offense.

I think Duck supporters want this win to be more meaningful than it is but it's not. Yes you put up historic numbers on us but this is the worst USC defense of the last 10 years.

bluemax

Banned
aaaand here come the excuses

Clearly those sanctions had a huge impact on USC's pre-season ranking. Oh wait...

They probably should have. Everyone knew our defense wasn't good they just assumed the offense would be good enough to make it not matter

Ugh that loss today sucked. It was fun being in the game this time.

The worst part is I can't even take solace in Pitt losing cause I would have fathered they knocked off ND

Man, crazy game. Officials blew some significant calls but overall since neither defense showed up, it came down to turnovers, and ours were critical. Pretty much all there is to it.

I'd say Alabama lights Oregon up in the title game just because Alabama actually has a defense.

I can't see Monte being around next year after such a fucking awful performance. It's clear where the blame goes when you score 50+ and you still lose.

People said the same thing about Oklahoma in 2008. They were destroying ranked opponents and putting up 60 points a game. Then Florida beat them 24-14.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't get to see the whole Bama game yesterday, or much of any games, since I had to sleep yesterday afternoon and go into work. That was probably the best I've seen LSU all season and the worst I've seen Bama. I had pretty much written the game off as over when the ball was turned over after the onside kick (also didn't see the rest of the game from that point).

I'm kind of glad that happened though. I think I prefer watching people give them shit than yawn and overrate them for blowing out all their competition all year. Makes things more interesting.

For the MNC, I'd obviously like to see Bama in there. Not a very good fan if I felt otherwise. Oregon or KSU would be fun games, I think. Not really sure about ND. Hope USC knocks them out (because I can't see Wake doing it).

Sagarin still has no respect for the ducks... He's got them at #7. They moved up one spot from last week and they're still behind a 2 loss LSU while Alabama jumped from #7 to #1

Jhriad

So you have to be good every year to get into the BCS? Lol.

Guess being Top 5 last year, is coming out of nowhere..

To be fair you did lose to Arkansas in your bowl game. There was reason to be doubtful about how good K-State was going to be this year. ;)

squicken

John P. Lopez ‏@LopezOnSports
@JManziel2 currently leads SEC in Rushing, Passing, Total O, Scoring, Pts Responsible For

Fun to watch but he's going to have to find WRs vs Bama. In both the LSU and FLA games he had guys running wide open but just won't throw it

I'm not going anywhere. Sorry!

Not talking about you. You aren't as life long as the pusher of fat kids, for example, but we did just get more life longs. Kind of funny coming from a gator, but to be fair, we didn't do anything like trying to defend 51 points as anything but a shit show.

Are we talking claimed or unclaimed?

Let's just say that the one Minnesota just claimed wouldn't count. There might also be a town in Texas with a fetish for bonfires, jars, and ball clenching whose football team might not qualify for my 3 championship standard over protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom