• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is, think of the implications if they say, wanted to add Louisville and Boise last year:

1) The league would be ridiculously strong and deep with very strong bowl teams out the ass, and with a deficit in other tie ins this season, would have filled those even

2) No Boise in the at large, would have opened another at large, assuring them of two BCS bids

3) A conference title game would lock Kansas State into the title game, as Oregon's only hope is the 13-0 looks better than KSU's 12-0. Oh, and that title game would have brought in plenty of dough, and made the Big 12 look ridiculously strong compared to horrible conference title games in the Big Ten and ACC especially this season.

4) The gap between the Big 5 and the rest would have been ridiculous, and the Big 12 would have probably pulled more tie ins in the 4 way playoff system two years from now.

But hey, Big Tex wants to hoard more money, so that's where they're at. Hope they get locked out of the BCS title game to know what it feels like and maybe they'll get some common sense.
On the flip side, there have been teams knocked out by playing that extra game and getting upset. I'm sure the Big XII has fallen victim to that too.

Limedust

The fuck is going on there?

No clue, but this happened, too:

35981676.gif

EDIT: I would love to see footage of Blake having to explain what he is doing... and what he is saying... to Coach.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No clue, but this happened, too:

35981676.gif

EDIT: I would love to see footage of Blake having to explain what he is doing... and what he is saying... to Coach.

is he...Degeneration X?

:lol

Thinking, Alabama would have to lose to A&M and Auburn to force a 3 way tie. Then who knows what'd happen.

To those who say Alabama will get crushed in the National Championship this year:

The Oregon game score was 62-51. How do you even call that football? And Notre Dame had to go into triple overtime to beat an unranked opponent. And if you're counting on Kansas State well then bless your soul.

Unless the world ends the Tide will get their 15th National Championship with next to no one on from the 2009 championship team, so give credits to the coaches. Oh, and Saban in under contract through 2019.

Bama to become the most hated school in college football history? I think so.

Lonestar

To those who say Alabama will get crushed in the National Championship this year:

The Oregon game score was 62-51. How do you even call that football? And Notre Dame had to go into triple overtime to beat an unranked opponent. And if you're counting on Kansas State well then bless your soul.

Unless the world ends the Tide will get their 15th National Championship with next to no one on from the 2009 championship team, so give credits to the coaches. Oh, and Saban in under contract through 2019.

Better than being an also-ran, dead program, like it was from 97-2007.

Just ask Tennessee fans ;P

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

We have to kill some student volunteers to pass Notre Dame.

Talon

That backer for Pitt (53) that decided to give up on his coverage responsibilities and instead rushed the QB on the fourth down play when TWO of his teammates had the edge set...should feel terrible.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
We have to kill some student volunteers to pass Notre Dame.

I dunno, that one died due to high wind. I think Bama wants to avoid that.

Better than being an also-ran, dead program, like it was from 97-2007.

Just ask Tennessee fans ;P

Hey man, every program has droughts like that. I've been through that, I know what it's like.

Now some program have success like Bama has had with 2 National Championships in 3 years. Few have had the success of 3 National Championships in 4 years which is within reaching distance now for Bama. And none have had the success of what Bama has a realistic shot at making happen within a decade.

I love how everyone writes off Kansas State so easily.. No one knows anything about us. LMFAO.
Because they go from being completely irrelevant to a sudden BCS contender in just one season. It's just hard to buy into that. Not saying it can't happen though, it could. If it makes you feel better I have Bama vs K State for the BCS Bowl.

Lonestar

Because they go from being completely irrelevant to a sudden BCS contender in just one season. It's just hard to buy into that. Not saying it can't happen though, it could. If it makes you feel better I have Bama vs K State for the BCS Bowl.

Alabama did this in 2008. Opened at like #23, beat up the overrated Clemson team, just to near top 10. Only the full strength Tebow stopped that team. Pretty sure Alabama didn't go to a bowl game that year. Pretty sure...

Jhriad

They had a good year last year. They've hardly come out of nowhere they're just even better than we were expecting this year.

Alabama did this in 2008. Opened at like #23, beat up the overrated Clemson team, just to near top 10. Only the full strength Tebow stopped that team. Pretty sure Alabama didn't go to a bowl game that year. Pretty sure...

You are correct. The 2008 Alabama Football team played in zero bowl games in 2008. Curious.

Jhriad

thank god Alabama won. Now Obama will win the election!

If that's how this works then I approve.

EDIT: Quick, someone spread the rumor that if Obama is elected he'll make sure Ohio State gets to go to a bowl this season. Guaranteed win in Ohio.

Well that's my point, Alabama didn't win the national championship that year. They came out of nowhere and were ultimately shutdown and won nothing. They actually did go to a bowl game, but lost it to Utah. However that season gave them a background of credibility during the 2009 season when they were winning games, and at that point there were many more people who gave Bama a real chance.

K-State has no background of credibility so this might just be a fluke season for them, and that's why no one is really considering them likely to win it all. Not that they can't, Auburn came out of nowhere in 2010. Believe they also started at 23 that year.

They had a good year last year. They've hardly come out of nowhere they're just even better than we were expecting this year.

Oh please, who did they beat? Baylor and Texas, if you want to consider that a coming out party. They lost the bowl game. When was the last time they K State did win a bowl game? 2002 or something?

Again not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't except anyone to give them much credibility in any argument that it will.
However if Bama didn't exist I would actually consider them a favorite to win.

LegoDad

So you have to be good every year to get into the BCS? Lol.

Guess being Top 5 last year, is coming out of nowhere..

Lonestar

Well that's my point, Alabama didn't win the national championship that year. They came out of nowhere and were ultimately shutdown and won nothing. They actually did go to a bowl game, but lost it to Utah. However that season gave them a background of credibility during the 2009 season when they were winning games, and at that point there were many more people who gave Bama a real chance.

K-State has no background of credibility so this might just be a fluke season for them, and that's why no one is really considering them likely to win it all. Not that they can't, Auburn came out of nowhere in 2010. Believe they also started at 23 that year.

Oh please, who did they beat? Baylor and Texas, if you want to consider that a coming out party. They lost the bowl game. When was the last time they K State did win a bowl game? 2002 or something?

Again not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't except anyone to give them much credibility in any argument that it will.

That's the thing, 2008 Alabama beats Florida, then they are in the Championship against OU. KSU hasn't lost yet.

Still waiting for the adrenaline to wear off. Where did that cold front go, it feels like 88 degrees here dammit!

You guys want a crazy fumble? Mark Ingram in 2010 against Auburn:
How do you do, Football Gods

bluemax

Banned

In 2009 Auburn went 8-5 and their best regular season win was against a team that was ranked #25 at the time. The next year they won the MNC game over Oregon.

That's the thing, 2008 Alabama beats Florida, then they are in the Championship against OU. KSU hasn't lost yet.

Still waiting for the adrenaline to wear off. Where did that cold front go, it feels like 88 degrees here dammit!

You guys want a crazy fumble? Mark Ingram in 2010 against Auburn:
How do you do, Football Gods

That ACL will only hurt worse when the adrenaline is gone!

And to be fair to the guy, he did mention Auburn. And his argument isn't based on anything other than that he doesn't respect Kansas State, which is just like his opinion, man.

That ACL will only hurt worse when the adrenaline is gone!

And to be fair to the guy, he did mention Auburn. And his argument isn't based on anything other than that he doesn't respect Kansas State, which is just like his opinion, man.

Only teams that have won national championships before should be eligible to win the national championship.

Lonestar

It's going to be a wild final couple of weeks in the BCS.

ND Hate non-withstanding, they, along with KSU and Oregon, are too close to call for the championship game, along with Alabama. Alabama is getting the "Defending champions" boost. Without that, who the hell knows between these 4 teams.

So, in final: Fuck You Pitt.

Really bad day for the Sunseri's.

Lonestar

About the ACL, not sure what happened. Lounging on the couch (down, because no matter what I was seeing, Alabama wasn't gonna win this), then that screen starts happening, my body takes off like a gunshot rang out. I don't know what's going on but I gotta get up and run somewhere, anywhere. Oh shit, my knee, like a hitch/kink/made up word, rings out in pain. Already have bad knees, so pain comes and goes. I'm not a running back! I need Scissors! 61!

So you have to be good every year to get into the BCS? Lol.

Guess being Top 5 last year, is coming out of nowhere..

It's called "reading"

In 2009 Auburn went 8-5 and their best regular season win was against a team that was ranked #25 at the time. The next year they won the MNC game over Oregon.
Yes, that was my very example in my post you quoted to make this comment. See,

see above spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom