• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come meet FEDOR, your friendly Russian made humanoid robot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xk0sm0sx

Quite hard to find an english source for this, so will make do with this
http://sevendaynews.com/2016/10/09/rogozin-submitted-fedor-robot-to-fly-in-space/

Vice-Premier of Russia Dmitry Rogozin was shown a robot Android, who plans to send into space as a crew member of the spacecraft.

“In tatters, the country” creates a robot member of the crew of the space ship. Instructed the advanced research Foundation, in conjunction with Rocket and space Corporation “Energia”.With.P.The Queen is to adapt this work to participate in the expedition manned spacecraft of the future. Under this project, will be formed KB young scientists under the leadership of General designer for manned spaceflight E. A. Mikrin,” he wrote in his Facebook politician in charge, in particular, defense contracts, defense industry and space industry.

Robot called FEDOR (FEDOR — Final Experimental Demonstration Object Research — the Final pilot demonstration site studies). It is planned that by 2021 Fedor adapt to the new manned spacecraft and will begin flight tests.

Video with cool music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ja7v3-cA

See FEDOR doing cute robot-ly things:
GMmkjvC.png

YGe92J4.png

t1nPt3e.png

B0sPekF.png

a9eDC5N.png

Black-Hole-2.jpg

Usually robot designers try to make them look a bit friendly and harmless, but these guys...nope, let's just go full killing machine.

Chichikov

Why would you give it a power-saw and then poke it with a stick?

Edit: That video is amazing by the way.
A robot doing biceps curls.

casiopao

Thats cool lol. It is like Russia don't care about public appearance lol. Just make it Terminator like. It will be ok.^_^

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does the driving look kind of fake? Especially the ATV part.

Parts of it look like it's supposed to be autonomous, but then it can also be controlled by someone else and do things like operate tools? Not sure about this one...

I knew AnimeGAF would be in here saying it's not cute enough aka I want it to look like a cartoon version of a Japanese school girl or maid lol.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
"Fedor" in portuguese literally means "stink"...so lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom