• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that cover?? No thanks.

I prefer my comics with NO SALACIOUS CONTENT, thanks.

Personally, I'm gonna cover that part up with a sticker as soon as I get home. I mean Jesus tapdancing Christ, Mrs. Staples, think of the fucking children seeing a woman breast-feeding on a popular North American comic book cover

Blader

The biggest book this week isn't from Marvel/DC, it's Saga #1. BKV's return to the world of comics, Stars Wars crossed with Romeo and Juilet, with amazing artwork by Fiona Staples. The first issue is DOUBLE-SIZED at $2.99, and with all the hype its getting, you should at least check it out and see if it works for you.

Saga_Full_1.jpg

Mother of god. YES.

Satch

Banned
why do people get horny at the sight of a mother breast feeding

that is the least sexy thing of all time

it is the opposite of sexy

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
people get horny at the sight of breast feeding? thats new to me.

Sane people don't, but that didn't stop some guy from writing up a bitchfest about how this cover was totally inappropriate for kids.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_m0sdc85Nrt1qd5ksbo1_500.jpg

BATMAN AND ROBIN #10
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• Someone calls a meeting of the ROBINS, but who and why? And will the exiled and egotistical RED HOOD answer the call?

• RED ROBIN learns of DAMIAN’S betrayal – but how long will the youngest ROBIN’S lack of discipline stand?

• Many of Gotham City’s villains blame BATMAN for their downfall, but what happens when they stand together in a pact to bring the DARK KNIGHT down?

I like the sound of this. :O

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
theres something in that cover that calls to me. but god damn if red robins costume doesnt look incredibly ridiculous compared to the others in the robin line.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
theres something in that cover that calls to me. but god damn if red robins costume doesnt look incredibly ridiculous compared to the others in the robin line.

Depends on the way it's drawn. Doesn't look great there because it's all in shadow. And also Tim looks 40 years old for some reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Depends on the way it's drawn. Doesn't look great there because it's all in shadow. And also Tim looks 30 years old for some reason.

no, it just looks unnecessarily clunky. tim original version was streamlined. and although it looks funny at first, it grows on you. this just looks awkward and bulky

Nesotenso

Ok I saw marvel do the bullet point solicitations for the past two or three months and now DC seems to be doing the same thing. Is it something mandated by Diamond ?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
no, it just looks unnecessarily clunky. tim original version was streamlined. and although it looks funny at first, it grows on you. this just looks awkward and bulky

This one should grow on you too. I did like the original costume (my favorite of all of them is the Unternet version.)

I am curious why they changed it so drastically.

Invisibles-DLX.jpg

Collecting for the first time ever in one book: all three volumes of the blockbuster series by Eisner award-winning writer Grant Morrison (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, BATMAN)! Follow the adventures of The Invisibles, a secret organization out to battle the physical and psychic oppression brought upon humanity by the interdimensional alien gods of the Archons of Outer Church!
This massive book includes THE INVISIBLES #1-25, THE INVISIBLES VOL. 2 #1-22, THE INVISIBLES VOL. 3 #12-1, and stories from ABSOLUTE VERTIGO #1 and VERTIGO: WINTER’S EDGE #1.

yaaay

am i the only one that thinks they should have gone back to one robin for the reboot

I had assumed they would. I mean they got rid of Wally West and so many others but an army of robins running around? No problem

It's completely unnecessary and redundant to have Jason Todd and Tim Drake. Should have just kept Dick (who is now Nightwing) and Damian.

t h a t s
t h e

f u c k i n g

c o v e r

?

OMFG

Is it weird that I can tell Brian Bolland's work from a grenade?

Anyway, I will own ALL OF IT, I don't care if its 1500 pages, it just better have sewn binding.

Also, Absolute Batman and Robin and Absolute Final Crisis, even though I have the deluxe edition. Because I'm crazy like that.

Marvel has a few Omnis I want(New X-Men most of all, but Lee/Romita ASM coming soon, and Rick Remender's Punisher). Amazon leaked two really big ones, Marvel Zombies and Bendis New Avengers, both 1200+ pages. Can't say I'm a fan of either, but I'm sure they'll be big sellers.

I had assumed they would. I mean they got rid of Wally West and so many others but an army of robins running around? No problem

It's completely unnecessary and redundant to have Jason Todd and Tim Drake. Should have just kept Dick (who is now Nightwing) and Damian.

I'd get rid of Damian too

i just want better designs. red hood came out looking the best of the "Robins". why did they change nightwings color?

They should just make the original Tim Drake costume the default

Except Tim Drake Robin is best Robin. They should have returned Jason Todd to the grave, kept Dick as Nightwing, and Tim as Red Robin, but with his old costume.

It's not about who's the best Robin though, I love Tim Drake but he makes things needlessly confusing. Robin shouldn't be a legacy character.

yea this. I love Tim too but he's a redundancy especially with Bruce and Dick de-aged and Damien stuck in there because Morrison isn't done with his Batman Inc. epic.

I have a feeling that at the end of Inc.
damian will probably die and tim becomes regular robin again

yea this. I love Tim too but he's a redundancy especially with Bruce and Dick de-aged and Damien stuck in there because Morrison isn't done with his Batman Inc. epic.

I have a feeling that at the end of Inc.
damian will probably die and tim becomes regular robin again

I don't think DC would
kill a 10 year old
but this is DC we're talking about

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Boo this man! Boo!

They got rid of the best Robin. RIP Stephanie :(

Not even fourth best.

They got rid of the best Robin. RIP Stephanie :(

what the fuck? Get out of here with that wrong opinion! Tim Drake or no dice.

I do like like how Tim is a blend of Nightwing and Batman. He has a sharp mind but also a very capable fighter. You could make him Red Robin again but then you really just have Nightwing jr. As Robin, he has the Bat family to play against and is a contrast to Batman.

Kill Damien and put Tim back in with Bruce in a teacher/student capacity or evolve their relationship to equals/partners.

the chris

The biggest book this week isn't from Marvel/DC, it's Saga #1. BKV's return to the world of comics, Stars Wars crossed with Romeo and Juilet, with amazing artwork by Fiona Staples. The first issue is DOUBLE-SIZED at $2.99, and with all the hype its getting, you should at least check it out and see if it works for you.

Saga_Full_1.jpg

Yea, Brian K Vaughan is signing at Midtown Comics on Thursday, I'm going to go by and see if I can snag a copy and get his autograph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom