• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is Archie Comics "indie"?

How many fucks do I give about your gafspergers?

hFZnY.gif

akira28

Steph Robin was kinda eh but she was a fuckawesome Batgirl

You got it backwards. I liked her as Robin, hated her as Batgirl. I was a member of Team Cass. I liked the Spoiler, and it was literally on the last page of Steph's final Batgirl comic that I kind of figured she earned it, kind of. But still sort of not really. She just wasn't cool like that.

I would have liked the Father/daughter dynamic of Steph finally stepping up to legitimacy and getting trained by the big Bat, and him finally taking her seriously and caring about her. But they screwed that and turned it into a plot pivot to set up other things, namely emo-Tim being emo.

edit:

Fave crossover? Probably Nexus, Judah the Hammer, and the Badger stuck powerless on Rim-world. OR TMNT in Munden's Bar.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Final Crisis is a triumph, but COIE is the daddy of all crossovers. It will never be topped.

I guess I shouldn't even ask if it's worth picking up today. :p I have Infinite Crisis but that's it as far as crossovers... have Final Crisis on Comixology, was wondering whether there was any point in picking up the Absolute edition over the standard hardcover?

I guess I shouldn't even ask if it's worth picking up today. :p I have Infinite Crisis but that's it as far as crossovers... have Final Crisis on Comixology, was wondering whether there was any point in picking up the Absolute edition over the standard hardcover?

JG Jones making the best cover of all time and having it as big as humanly possible:
EL3w3.jpg

Is final crisis worth picking up? People are really split on it, i'm not sure if i'd drop coin on the absolute edition...

What really sucked was JG jones couldn't finish the book so the art started to deteriorate towards the end and they had to get a bunch of fill in artists

ElNarez

Banned
B&R7 spoilers are leaking. Must not look. >_<

It's not even the biggest bomb dropped this week in a DC comic book. (That would be either Suicide Squad or Deathstroke, both are extremely cool underrated action books with pretty great characterization that you should read and both have massive cliffhangers)

Great week for comics. Plenty of great books, and also Avengers Assemble. If you hated Johns' Justice League but you like this, there is something very wrong with your brain. This is a fact.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
WatXM 7
I demand that you leave me like this! Kid Gladiator looks unbelievably awesome!
Also after all that hullabaloo, Krakoa can just make money trees lol

Another fantastic issue from what is becoming my standalone favorite comic. Can not recommend this series highly enough.

WatXM 7
I demand that you leave me like this! Kid Gladiator looks unbelievably awesome!
Also after all that hullabaloo, Krakoa can just make money trees lol

Another fantastic issue from what is becoming my standalone favorite comic. Can not recommend this series highly enough.

I just realized what that wheelchair in the teaser was for after reading that last page

oh my god

good god, x-treme x-men is coming back. finally, some more storm fetish comix - i hope.

Sage_Wallpaper.jpg

allthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmattersallthatmatters

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The entire run of X-Treme X-Men (god I can't believe their reusing that name) falls in the black spot in my X-Men knowledge, which encompasses everything between early 90s Gold/Blue teams, and Messiah Complex.

Can we hope this means they will drop at least one or two dead weight X-books like Adjectiveless?

ep85

They seriously need to cut the fat from the X-books line. Adjectiveless, Astonishing and Legacy are all useless.

I loved the team lineup of X-treme. Even thunderbird, slipstream and lifeguard...And please let whomever bring back Sage. What ever happened to her? She was in new exiles or something right?

LiQuid!

C'mon, don't tell me you don't remember inking X-Treme X-Men!?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1013/88426-9411-106163-1-x-treme-x-men_super.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I know it's lame, but I initially started using this name (complete with stupid capitalization and exclamation mark) because of LiQuid! inks (especially of Joe Mad's work on old PSM magazines) but I have no affiliation with any group or person that has anything to do with art.

In all the years since doing so, this is the first time it has ever been brought up. Congratulations.

I'm sure someone higher up hated Sage, or at least hated Claremont enough to take it out on Sage. She hasn't been seen since Jeff Parker's Exiles where she was trapped in the Crystal Palace.

Satch

Banned
off topic real quick

DO ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE JOURNEY ON PS3?

and if not, WHY NOT????????????????????????????????

I know it's lame, but I initially started using this name (complete with stupid capitalization and exclamation mark) because of LiQuid! inks (especially of Joe Mad's work on old PSM magazines) but I have no affiliation with any group or person that has anything to do with art.

In all the years since doing so, this is the first time it has ever been brought up. Congratulations.

Oh man, those Joe Mad PSM covers. I used to pick up issues just because his artwork caught my eye as a kid.

psm11subzero-mad.jpeg

That's really what was missing from Joe Mad's pencils on Avenging Spider-Man, some good inkers like LiQuid! who understood his artwork. The man can still draw, but its not the same

AvengingSpiderMan_2_Preview1.jpg

off topic real quick

Bought it, heard it was amazing, will play it...tomorrow night

LiQuid!

off topic real quick

1. No PS3
2. Anti-"games are art"
3. All my dollars = comics and ebooks

LiQuid!

Oh man, those Joe Mad PSM covers. I used to pick up issues just because his artwork caught my eye as a kid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F65Ea2wFZNI/TdpxEopa15I/AAAAAAAABIY/OjSr8VuN_gU/s1600/psm11subzero-mad.jpeg[IMG]

That's really what was missing from Joe Mad's pencils on Avenging Spider-Man, some good inkers like LiQuid! who understood his artwork. The man can still draw, but its not the same

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fWXpPppUJtI/TrBUjCy9hkI/AAAAAAAAAm4/7prtUwxc5c4/s1600/AvengingSpiderMan_2_Preview1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Sub Zero/Scorpion dual covers were actually the catalyst that cause my adopting the name. I was never even an MK fan, but they were just too damn cool looking. So shiny!

Smidget

Just getting into comic books again and I've read and caught up on The Walking Dead (probably like a lot of other people have with the popularity of the TV show), finished Y the Last Man, and caught up on Sweet Tooth. I realized I might like the end of the world a little too much with that mixture, but any recommendations for ongoing series that might be in the same vein as these?

LiQuid!

Just getting into comic books again and I've read and caught up on The Walking Dead (probably like a lot of other people have with the popularity of the TV show), finished Y the Last Man, and caught up on Sweet Tooth. I realized I might like the end of the world a little too much with that mixture, but any recommendations for ongoing series that might be in the same vein as these?

Saga, Peter Panzerfaust, Thief of Thieves, American Vampire, Fatale.

Speaking of Saga, anybody weigh in yet? I thought the first issue was pretty great. The BKV-ness of the dialog was a little jarring at first. I dunno why but I was expecting him to change his writing tone to fit a more tender, serious book about child rearing in wartime, but nope it's still as BKV as ever full of vulgar, sassy characters. Staples' art was great too. All of the designs of the more alien stuff was rad, like the big turtle thing. I hope it doesn't turn too YTLM-ish with the main characters fleeing from a bounty hunter the whole time, but even if that is the case, the promise of seeing a bunch of alien nonsense is great. Also I wanna see more sorcery. Can Markus cast spells too? It didn't seem like it.

I'm calling it now: X-Treme X-Men is simply a renumbering for the status quo change of Uncanny X-Force.

Remender said a member dies in #27(which, with the double shipping they usually do, should come out in June), which would then lead right into this book in July.

My other weaker evidence is that the text is purple...like the book often is?

shut up, you heard it here first

is X-Treme X-Men the series where Chuck Austen had she hulk have sex with the juggernaut and nightcrawler found out that his parents are mystique and the devil?

is X-Treme X-Men the series where Chuck Austen had she hulk have sex with the juggernaut and nightcrawler found out that his parents are mystique and the devil?

that is a run of UXM(or so I hear) that everyone pretends doesn't exist(or so I believe).

It's a rumor at best, and I suggest nobody ever bring nasty urban legends like that again.

Ever.

ep85

X-treme X-Men was the book Marvel gave Chris Claremont to play around with X-Men in his overly verbose ways. It was about finding Destiny's books or something. It was solid superhero fluff.

Chuck Austen lol

Who did he sleep with to get that gig? And thats something Chuck pretends to know a lot about. He writes all his women as sexual beings first and foremost.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

the former is pretty what the fuck, but the latter isnt bad at all as far as origin stories go.

One thing about X-Treme X-Men is if you like BDSM you'll love Xtreme X-Men. Claremont has to be pretty freaky in bed going by his constant use of leather straps, belts, pockets, etc.

the former is pretty what the fuck, but the latter isnt bad at all as far as origin stories go.

You mean where Azazel crossed over into our dimension to have children so he could cross over into our dimension?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You mean where Azazel crossed over into our dimension to have children so he could cross over into our dimension?

...ok, yeah. you got me on that. minus the mindfuckery link reason, azazel being kurts father makes a lot of sense given his physical characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom