• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Malyse

Inhumans Vs X-Men is shit and it looks like I rather wanted to read Death of X instead
No. No you didn't. IvX is bad and still better than Death of X. Death of X is one of the few times I got fucking mad at a comic for wasting my fucking time. I actively regret reading it. I hated that book. I *fucking hated* that book. If that was the caliber of X books to be expected, then we deserved every Inhumans book we got.

I'm mad now just thinking about Dwath if X. Fucking shitty ass bullshit fucking book.

No. No you didn't. IvX is bad and still better than Death of X. Death of X is one of the few times I got fucking mad at a comic for wasting my fucking time. I actively regret reading it. I hated that book. I *fucking hated* that book. If that was the caliber of X books to be expected, then we deserved every Inhumans book we got.

I'm mad now just thinking about Dwath if X. Fucking shitty ass bullshit fucking book.

There both equal bad.

caliph95

DAT WASP SUIT.
image.php

DIWBvqyXUAAQGH3.jpg:large

It makes me pissed that MCU Danny is being treated like a joke and 90% of people online hate him. Unless there is a rapid turnaround (he straight-up admits he was an asshole, grows up as a character while developing a light-hearted tone, wears the mask, and fights better) we will have to wait until Marvel do an IF movie in like 2030.

Why must TV writers refuse to do loose adaptations of stuff like Immortal Iron Fist/Power Man and Iron Fist? They could add Orson Randall to kick Danny's ass and change him.
I think he's much better in Defenders because he has a consistent characterization that I actually sympathize with and understand. The hate mainly comes from his own series being just bad overall. I liked him within Defenders.
I've read three issues so far of Inhuman by Soule (the OHC), and I gotta say, I'm really enjoying it so far.
It's that good superhero shit. Be prepared for the art to shift after the first arc from Joe Madureira to Ryan Stegman,
I would definitely say IvX was better than DoX. I had low expectations for IvX though.
We all did and I actually enjoyed it. I just didn't care for the Emma turn, even if it did make some sense.

mreddie

Durrzerker will like to know that Taskie makes a appearance in the Avengers cartoon, stays throughout the whole ep and teams up with Ms. Marvel and Vision.

Clancy Brown sounds fun as Taskmaster.

Continuing my read through the ultimate universe, finishing up with Cataclysm. So far I think the best reads have been the Ultimates 1 & 2, Ultimate Spider-man and Hickman's Ultimate Issues & Thor origin. Was the first Hickman book I've read and I blazed through the trades in a couple of days (usually I read 3-4 issues a night). Can't wait to read his FF & Avengers runs.

After this I think I'm going to get caught up on Rebirth, starting with Darkseid War and Final Days of Superman.

caliph95

Continuing my read through the ultimate universe, finishing up with Cataclysm. So far I think the best reads have been the Ultimates 1 & 2, Ultimate Spider-man and Hickman's Ultimate Issues & Thor origin. Was the first Hickman book I've read and I blazed through the trades in a couple of days (usually I read 3-4 issues a night). Can't wait to read his FF & Avengers runs.

After this I think I'm going to get caught up on Rebirth, starting with Darkseid War and Final Days of Superman.
I think those are the only ultimate books worth reading

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I made the big mistake to start Gone Home before going to bed and now I have to many feels. And I have a super bad feeling how the game could end, and I pray that it doesnt end the way how I suspect...

Wanderer5

Want to get through a few John Carpenter flicks, so I finally saw Escape from New York, and it was definitely a blast to get through.

Kurt Russell rocks, and I certainly will be looking forward to seeing him again in Big Trouble in Little China and The Thing.

VanWinkle

Finally got Avengers by Busiek/Perez Omnibus Vol 2. Was able to get it on Half Price Books for $34 shipped, which is just fantastic. I haven't gotten far into the first volume, but it's one of those things where if I don't buy it now while it's cheap, it will undoubtedly be expensive before too long. Actually I'm seeing that I got the first volume on HPB, too, back in November, for $42 shipped. So $76 for both together?! That's a great price for a long run spread over two omnis.

When I first got into comics, and even up until the last year or so, I had a super hard time committing to buying full runs and instead was just buying a little of everything. It feels good any time I finish up a run in my collection and it's definitely something I've been trying to be better about.

z38cmmJ.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Want to get through a few John Carpenter flicks, so I finally saw Escape from New York, and it was definitely a blast to get through.

Kurt Russell rocks, and I certainly will be looking forward to seeing him again in Big Trouble in Little China and The Thing.
I am no big fan of big trouble. It was to random
IMO.
But The Thing will be amazing. Also check out other two movies of his Worlds End Trilogy.

Wanderer5

I am no big fan of big trouble. It was to random
IMO.
But The Thing will be amazing. Also check out other two movies of his Worlds End Trilogy.

I probably be throwing in least The Thing and Halloween (re-watch, which I haven't seen a while) for Oct. I saw The Fog a couple months ago too, which I really enjoyed for a good classic ghost story.

Seeing The Thing is going to be pretty interesting heh.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Big Trouble In Little China is one of my favorite movies of all time!

The Thing also holds up amazingly well for 40ish year old movie.

VanWinkle

Hey BK, does Inhuman end well enough that I wouldn't have to continue reading the stuff Soule continued with in ANAD? Or does it continue pretty much right into the ANAD stuff?

dh4niel

Thanks for all your comic book YouTube suggestions guys. I've followed all of them and I'll watch some stuff and report back soon.

Inhumazz is said to range from meh to ok.

Medusa gets bald because Max
Matches
the Lee/Jenkins run where Max cuts off all of her hair as a sign of utter submission. Of course, they were tricking Maximus into foiling his own plans. Shit was still dark though.

I refuse to believe that it was any good. I really like Inhumans, and that trailer made everything appear to be an utterly garbage adaption.
Hey BK, does Inhuman end well enough that I wouldn't have to continue reading the stuff Soule continued with in ANAD? Or does it continue pretty much right into the ANAD stuff?

It ends perfectly well enough as its own run, but if you want to continue with All-New you can do so just as smooth.

Thanks for all your comic book YouTube suggestions guys. I've followed all of them and I'll watch some stuff and report back soon.

I really like some of Linkara's reviews. Particularly his March of the Titans series. I enjoy his positive reviews more than his negative ones.

Top Bottom