• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many dates in is it OK to ask your date to dress up as classic Harley?

4? I feel like 4 is a good number

A friend of mine does that all the time. I daresay she's the joint biggest Harley fan I know along with yourself. She has a wardrobe of Harley outfits, the coolest one was the mashup with Elizabeth from Bioshock.

fauxtrot

Banned
Preferably? Never.

Realistically, if you're serious about a woman, it has to be brought up on date #3 or 4. You wanna get that out in the open asap. If she's the kind to get freaked over dumb shit like that, best to find out sooner than later when you really start getting attached.

Real talk. Preferably you find someone who's into it as well as the other stuff you're into so you can enjoy the things you love together.

Relationship Advice w/ Freeza and fauxtrot

A friend of mine does that all the time. I daresay she's the joint biggest Harley fan I know along with yourself. She has a wardrobe of Harley outfits, the coolest one was the mashup with Elizabeth from Bioshock.

Why have you never brought this up before? We need to set up a blind date / Skype session for Messi.

I hear wedding bells ringing already, brahs.

Sorry lads, she's taken. She is like my kid sister, I could never throw her to the ComicGAF wolves.

I get the feeling I'm going to regret ever mentioning this.

Messi

Cut out the "dating" middle man and just start hooking up with chicks at conventions.

If only man. If only.

I'm not sure how I would react if a girlfriend dressed up as Harley. That might be the end of me.

Girly hijinks gaf houses no wolves I'll have you know.

Messi

I'm still up for a nyc comic con meet up

Also I am terrified of dragons. Which may be a problem if I ever finish in the dragon age character creation

Owzers

Anyone have experience with getting the used trades from GoHastings?

The deals they have going are crazy right now.

i bought a lot of used trades from them because of the prices, main concern is that they were shipped in bubble mailers without protection.

Also I am terrified of dragons. Which may be a problem if I ever finish in the dragon age character creation

I mention Dragoncon because every year, Bleeding Cool posts a bunch of the most hilarious personal ads for Dragoncon meet-ups. All kinds of freaky sex things.

fauxtrot

Banned
Didn't someone here say they work for the dev team that makes Puzzle & Dragons? I just got a banner ad from them on this page!

Also, if you all do go to NY Comic Con next year, I'll fly myself out from CA so we can have a Comics GAF meet up! I can be your wingman, Messi... I'll even dress up as one of the guys from SoA (even though that show is kinda ass) so people talk to us.

Zombine

Banned

You still wanna do it? I'm down. My girlfriend and I will be staying off of 40th next year for 3 days. I wish we could get more people to go.

So I read two books that had Hippolyta today, Fearless Defenders and Wonder Woman. Shit, they were both great. I think I enjoyed Fearless Defenders a little more, though.

And sweet, my IST order finally has an estimated arrival date. Thursday ain't too bad, I guess...

Everyone please go buy IDW's The Red Star DLX HC Vol.1 from IST. I'm about halfway through it at the moment, and it's a beautiful story.

Everyone please go buy The Red Star PS2 game. Its like a beat'em'up mixed with Ikaruga/shmup. Its pretty sweet.

myfreeza.gif

The_Red_Star_Coverart.jpg

MG310

I'm much closer to the refusing to speak to any girl I don't know. Maybe Cheska can introduce me. That can be my in.

Just dress like the sexy scumbag from Walking Dead and they'll come to you.

Someone at the panel asked for the water bottle he was drinking out of.

MG310

I am going to that artist event this summer to get my tickets. 2 hour line aint shit.

I think I'll buy a 4 day at Special Edition this year too...just in case the online system is messed up again this year. So I might end up with an extra if I manage to get a VIP online again.

Zombine

Banned
I think I'll buy a 4 day at Special Edition this year too...just in case the online system is messed up again this year. So I might end up with an extra if I manage to get a VIP online again.

I would do 4, but I know 3 is our max. By the 4th day we'll be exhausted, and she'll want to be home for Walking Dead Sunday night.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Anyone have experience with getting the used trades from GoHastings?

The deals they have going are crazy right now.

When my collection was just starting out, I bought a ton of used trades from GoHastings. Overall I had very good experiences. They are used books, so expect light wear and tear. However, some of the "used" trades I bought were actually still in the shrinkwrap. For example, I got volumes one and two of the Ennis Punisher MAX OHCs for $4 each and they were still in the shrinkwrap.
But all in all, GoHastings used trades are a great way to start out your collection and figure out what kind of stuff you like by buying a ton of comics for super cheap.

fauxtrot

Banned
I had to spend all of my extra money on new clothes via all the Cyber Monday sales, so nothing from Comixology for me! At least I'll still have enough to actually pick up my floppies this Wednesday...

Kipp - You're currently 3 for 3 when it comes to making me jealous of your avatar. Keep up the good work, friend.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I would do 4, but I know 3 is our max. By the 4th day we'll be exhausted, and she'll want to be home for Walking Dead Sunday night.

4 days was awful. If my friend wasn't a vendor, I wouldn't have made it.

I have all of one comic to pick up this week and it's Secret Six. I might just wait for impressions here to see if it's even worth the trip around the block

PsychBat!

Banned
Real talk. Preferably you find someone who's into it as well as the other stuff you're into so you can enjoy the things you love together.

Relationship Advice w/ Freeza and fauxtrot

Why have you never brought this up before? We need to set up a blind date / Skype session for Messi.

I hear wedding bells ringing already, brahs.
Will Messi wear a red and black tux?

headshot95

Neo Member
Have read through the first 5 volumes of American Vampire over the last three weeks or so. This comic is so good, idk what took me so long to start reading it.

Zombine

Banned
Have read through the first 5 volumes of American Vampire over the last three weeks or so. This comic is so good, idk what took me so long to start reading it.

I stormed through the entire story pre-Second Cycle in 2 days. It's one of the greatest vampire stories ever told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom