• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what since when no what about caps what are they doing the team supreme

I am just going off of jetman's post, first I've heard of it. Am I misinterpreting you, jetman? Where did this come from?

*deep sigh of relief*

Sorry about the confusion, folks.

In the latest issue of Zero, why did Zero
spare Cooke even though he killed Zizek with whom he had an actual "bond"?

Wasn't that effectively Zero's most meaningful way to tender his resignation? By sparing Cooke he sent a firm message that the agency doesn't give him his marching orders anymore.

Snyder already has the arc after Zero Year planned out. Following ZY, there will be two months of one shots and then the September Futures End story so Greg Capullo can get a head start and some vacation time in. Dude lives in his basement.

They are both signed onto issue 50. Snyder said he would love to revisit young Bruce again someday. I'd imagine Scott would go past issue 50 if the demand is there. Greg, I'm not so sure about.

Jetman

We don't even know who it is right?

I glanced through the latest issue of Previews at the store and it looked like a new team was on the book? Some artist named Matteo Scalera, I think?

Edit: Okay, KoruptData's info makes more sense. Probably just guest artist/writers to give the A-team a bit of a break...

Dalek

Got to hand it to Capullo, he makes the Riddler look like such a smug fucking asshole you want to punch in the face.

I wasn't even reminded of it until now when I just saw the Bleeding Cool article, but did anyone else realize yesterday's Guardians of the Galaxy with Captain Marvel on the cover didn't have Captain Marvel anywhere in the book? I've been enjoying Guardians, but between this, and this issue being a shitty piece of shit, all I have to say is FUCK YOOOOOOOOU BENDIS.

I wasn't even reminded of it until now when I just saw the Bleeding Cool article, but did anyone else realize yesterday's Guardians of the Galaxy with Captain Marvel on the cover didn't have Captain Marvel anywhere in the book? I've been enjoying Guardians, but between this, and this issue being a shitty piece of shit, all I have to say is FUCK YOOOOOOOOU BENDIS.

This seems to happen a lot in Bendis books, and it's gross.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got to hand it to Capullo, he makes the Riddler look like such a smug fucking asshole you want to punch in the face.

You should see his twitter feed from the time he was drawing him. "Does this look like a smug eye?" Absolute perfectionist.

Chinner

Banned
What the hell guys... is no one reading Zero or Dead Body Road? Had questions related to both that went unanswered. :-(

i've read the first issue of dead body road. kinda seemed by the book, and i've already got a few revenge type flicks so decided to leave it at that.

Vyer

Zero Year and (for a while, at least) Superior Spidey are examples of why I try not to auto shit on an announced run/storyline like it seems a lot of comic fans like to do. I'd rather read for myself if interested and see how the creative team works it out and then shit on accordingly.

Oh Red Lanterns. I continue to adore you so much.

How much more magnificent can Guy's mustache get?

It's just about merged into his costume at this point.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Zero Year and (for a while, at least) Superior Spidey are examples of why I try not to auto shit on an announced run/storyline like it seems a lot of comic fans like to do. I'd rather read for myself if interested and see how the creative team works it out and then shit on accordingly.

Anyone who shat on Snyder/Capullo when it was announced was a straight up fool, they had proven track records of being great. With enough experience it's pretty easy to tell if a given book will be up your alley or not based on creators. The only thing you can really have an open mind with are new creators or folks you've never read before.

You are so weird with that.

A little bit. My pull list is already gargantuan with stuff I enjoy. I can't get everything.

cGcijSJ.jpg

Damn right.

phoenixyz

I don't read it month to month. Trade waiter.
Zero is one of those books where trade waiting just makes sense. I had no idea what the heck happened half of the time in the short time I read it monthly.

DID NO ONE ELSE READ TREES!?!?
I did, too. Was a nice setup. Let's see where it goes. It looks like the story will not really be about the Trees itself but more about society which is interesting.

Zero is one of those books where trade waiting just makes sense. I had no idea what the heck happened half of the time in the short time I read it monthly.

I did, too. Was a nice setup. Let's see where it goes. It looks like the story will not really be about the Trees itself but more about society which is interesting.

Fortunately or unfortunately, Image makes it super easy to wait for the trades. Image is coming out with so many good books this year but I only plan on pulling 3 more.

Wicked & Divine
Wytches
Agreed book between my wife and I. Which will probably be Bitch Planet. Because, wife's win.

Chinner

Banned
just read southern bastards #2. i can see what direction they're starting to take this now. probably more of a revenge/mad rampage with a subplot about his dad or the coach boss. it's really good though i like it..

Well, my impression is that at some point, the "trees" are going to actually start doing something....besides pissing tidal waves of green waste over cities. XD

Inhuman #2 was a better issue than the last one, but I still don't see where this series is going and whether I'll like it.

Superman 31 proved that this event is good despite Lobdell's involvement.

Transformers: RiD is the weakest of the Transformers trio. I like it, but the other two are something else.

I'm still struggling with my picks of the month. So many great books this month.
hey comicsgaf who wants to play mario kart with me this weekend

I'll be getting it tomorrow :)

Fascinating read from a retailer on the Futures End covers:
http://comicsbeat.com/the-retailers-view-on-lenticular-covers/

DISCLAIMER: I READ A BUNCH OF DC BOOKS NOW, REMEMBER? SO DON'T SHOOT NO MESSENGERS.

That was a terrific read, thanks. I was flabbergasted myself when DC announced they were going to do this again.

I read this and I couldn't find a point.

How could you miss it? Did you read the whole thing? The author puts his point out there again and again.

The history of this industry is rife with people who have chosen the quick dollar over the long game. By and large, the peak is usually pretty tall, but the low is ruinous, as evidenced by the big crash in the 90s. The way DC concocted this year’s event, coupled with last year’s clear lack of preparation and forethought, smacks of a company seeking the dollar at the detriment of anything else.

The nature of this year’s event being an after-thought beyond the more lucrative business aspects is stunning in its short-sightedness. There is a severe lack of art at play within the business model, and it will eventually cause a collapse which will be all the more devastating for those retailers and companies who have been counting on the quick dollar that suddenly no longer exists. I believe that the effects of this are already in play from last year’s event.

What I heard in April was the vocal equivalent to that shrugging emoticon that’s been doing the rounds on the internet lately. DC wants their quick dollar, and they’re willing to do anything to get it, including burning down the road forward. Eventually, they’re going to see diminishing returns from this tactic, and again, when they do, the results will be far more catastrophic than they would have been had they put their focus on the content of their books and the ideas of their creators all along.

Just because you don't agree with what's being said doesn't mean there's no point to it.

ReAxion

Interview with Layman & Seeley about Chew/Revival:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53099

Is this a good book for new readers, or do you need to have a sense of both worlds for it to make sense?

Layman: It's absolutely a good jumping-on point. "Chew," at #42 out of #60, does not have jumping on points, so if you're curious about either "Chew" or "Revival," it's a good way to get a taste of each without being too deep into each story. I think both stories do a good idea of introducing the respective worlds and concepts to the readers.

Seeley: I think it's a great starting point for both. You don't really need to know anything going into this.

I just got another awesome Batman New 52 haul from my LCS...
I paid cover price for every issue. I was curious what they were going for on eBay, don't plan on selling them just wondering how good of a deal I got...
#1 Annual ($15-30 range)
#4 ($20-40 range)
#16 (Black & White variant. 1:100. $40-80 range)

I need issues #1, #3, #6/7/8, and #13. Getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom