• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got another awesome Batman New 52 haul from my LCS...
I paid cover price for every issue. I was curious what they were going for on eBay, don't plan on selling them just wondering how good of a deal I got...
#1 Annual ($15-30 range)
#4 ($20-40 range)
#16 (Black & White variant. 1:100. $40-80 range)

I need issues #1, #3, #6/7/8, and #13. Getting close.

The #1 Annual was my last piece of the puzzle find. Had to pay $15 for it. Do you even have all the 23.1, 23.2, 23.3 and 23.4 Villain month issues? Getting every issue 1st print was an exciting 6 months of collecting. Another fun thing about the hobby.

Messi

The #1 Annual was my last piece of the puzzle find. Had to pay $15 for it. Do you even have all the 23.1, 23.2, 23.3 and 23.4 Villain month issues? Getting every issue 1st print was an exciting 6 months of collecting. Another fun thing about the hobby.

I was thinking about going back and trying to get more of the Harley variants but the first two issues are on 4th prints and #2 is on its 3rd. I did get the pricey one for cover price and I love it. This one.

500px-Harley_Quinn_Vol_2_1_Variant.jpg

I just discovered AmeComi Girls. Don't laugh at me :(. Should I read this? Does it seem like something I might like.

phoenixyz

Well, my impression is that at some point, the "trees" are going to actually start doing something....besides pissing tidal waves of green waste over cities. XD

The whole
intro sequence and the portrayal of society made me think the focus on the story will more be on the the people and how they deal with that threat, a little bit like The Walking Dead

The whole
intro sequence and the portrayal of society made me think the focus on the story will more be on the the people and how they deal with that threat, a little bit like The Walking Dead

I think this is so we can get an accurate view of the world before the shit goes down.
I don't think there would be too much point in the comic if there were just these big poles in the ground that never did anything. The foreshadowing is certainly there in the tone of the book and the cover artwork. Something is going to happen. The trees are alive.

Fintan

Been doing a bit of a re-read of Ultimate Universe comics, and reading bits I've never read before. Ultimate Spider-Man holds up, first comic I ever really read too.

But then I started reading some of Jeph Loeb's contributions. Good god, it sucks. Ultimates 3 is just a such a nothing story, awful writing and characterisation. Don't really like Madureira's art either.

New Ultimates is pretty crap too. Feels equally as inconsequential.

I've never read Ultimatum, been purposefully avoiding it. Is it really as bad as its reputation?

Might dig in to Ultimate X-Men soon, only ever read up to Bendis' short run.

Yeah I have the villain issues. 23.3 & 23.4 are 3D.
It is exciting I've filled in some small runs, nothing this big. #1 is gonna hurt a little unless I get really lucky. And I have like 5 different issues signed by Snyder. And some good variants.
Batman is my shit. I like the character and story a lot and how dark everything is. Story and art (for the most part)

I just got another awesome Batman New 52 haul from my LCS...
I paid cover price for every issue. I was curious what they were going for on eBay, don't plan on selling them just wondering how good of a deal I got...
#1 Annual ($15-30 range)
#4 ($20-40 range)
#16 (Black & White variant. 1:100. $40-80 range)

I need issues #1, #3, #6/7/8, and #13. Getting close.
Shiiii, I was thinking about selling my issues from that run. Would've probably upcharged for the few signed issues though so maybe cover ain't so bad

Zombine

Banned
About $150 for a first print now yeah?

Something insane like that! Last I checked people were bidding at $80 on ebay. That isn't artificial. This is a never ending thirst to have the first edition holofoil Charizard of the comic fandom. If you have a first print make sure you hold on to it for a long time.

Edit: another to watch out for: Manifest Destiny. Super limited print on issue #1 and increased desire for the book. Skybound is positioning it to be Walking Dead Jr.

Furyous

Inhuman 2:

I take back everything I said about useless hair.
Medusa's hair incredibly strong.
I'm here for the artwork and the story is a bonus. Is Joe Mad the same dude that did Eve protomecha?

Futures End 4:

Does anyone have any guesses on what happened to Tim that turns him against Bruce? I'm willing to bet that it had something to do with Dick "dying" and either Tim being pissed or Tim finding out that Dick was alive in Russia working with Spyral.

Doesn't Terry know that he'll run into Bruce at some point? Why would he barge into Terrific HQ knowing this? He should lay low and wait for the chance to break in. I can't wait for that confrontation. I hope it ends with Alfred giving Batman a historical synopsis of what happens in the future.

WHY IN THE SHIT DOES DC RUIN THE WILDSTORM CHARACTERS? This is ECW after the WWE acquisition all over again. Terry needs a backstory and I'm mad we don't see it.

I'm excited for the new Grayson series. Dude stopped crime like a ninja on his way around the world. Either way I cannot wait for the eventual reset in 2016. Bring back Damian, Nightwing proper, Teen Titans and stop restarting the universe every 18 months. This is the reason I don't like DC.

Where's the new ultimate spider-man? I need more nerd rage on my computer monitors off the next issue.

Owzers

Something insane like that! Last I checked people were bidding at $80 on ebay. That isn't artificial. This is a never ending thirst to have the first edition holofoil Charizard of the comic fandom. If you have a first print make sure you hold on to it for a long time.

it's about the only comic i have with potential value, sold my Batman new 52 run already :(

Zombine

Banned
it's about the only comic i have with potential value, sold my Batman new 52 run already :(

Luckily my Girlfriend refuses to let me sell my floppies. She says she knows me well enough to know I would regret selling any book low just so I can turn it around for more books. Just learn from it and don't dwell on the prices.

Edit:

Another tip is that Outcast by Kirkman won't be worth shit. Fans of The Walking Dead are gonna eat it up. Might as well just have "WOW! NUMBER #1! ONE! WON! WUN! ULTRA SPECIAL EDITION COLLECTORS ITEM" printed on the cover.

Messi

I wonder if my Catwoman run will ever be worth anything ? I could sell it as the arc that killed off Catwoman for at the very least 5 years.

Vyer

Ok, I've gone through 5 issues now and Rat Queens is pretty great.

Trees was interesting, but still too much setup to really gauge anything yet.

Southern Bastards on the other hand, is going to be a good time.

I posted this in the FakeGAF thread but I reckon you guys'll all get a kick out of it if you haven't already seen it. In Brighton, we've got a lot of graffiti around. There's one wall in particular I've been meaning to take a photo of for a while because it's awesome, but only just got around to it today -

Messi

Nope. You went digital. Incomplete series; thus worthless.

I still pick up 5 books physically, Saga, Batman, Harley, Catwoman and Detective (that art deserves to be seen on paper)

All but detective I also pick up digitally because I want easy access. The rest is all digital.

Edit: that said, my catwoman issues are still worthless regardless of them being physical.

Zombine

Banned
I posted this in the FakeGAF thread but I reckon you guys'll all get a kick out of it if you haven't already seen it. In Brighton, we've got a lot of graffiti around. There's one wall in particular I've been meaning to take a photo of for a while because it's awesome, but only just got around to it today -

And Dr Who windows! That is stunning.

Yo comics gaf! I have a couple questions. I started getting back into comics with All New X-men and Uncanny, i'm really enjoying all new as a whole but aside from the art Uncanny isn't really doing it for me. Im at the issue where they mention Magneto's spinoff, does anything interesting at all happen in the later issues? Also, how is the new punisher? I've always wanted to give punisher a try.

Messi

Yo comics gaf! I have a couple questions. I started getting back into comics with All New X-men and Uncanny, i'm really enjoying all new as a whole but aside from the art Uncanny isn't really doing it for me. Im at the issue where they mention Magneto's spinoff, does anything interesting at all happen in the later issues? Also, how is the new punisher? I've always wanted to give punisher a try.

I am really enjoying Punisher and eagerly awaiting the upcoming Black Widow crossover.

As for the X-Men question, I can't answer that. But I hope you are reading Magneto because that book is legit.

Zombine

Banned
2000AD is the closest I will ever get to feeling like a teenager from the 70s who pulls out and listens to a Jimmy Hendrix record for the first time. The talent and the progressive thinking and drug induced stories that come out of it make it the last sacred book in comics. Every time I open it up I feel like I'm reading something I shouldn't be.

Messi

The art in Elektra should be getting much more props than it is. Two incredibly beautiful issues so far. Some of the splash pages are breathtaking. Recommended.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The art in Elektra should be getting much more props than it is. Two incredibly beautiful issues so far. Some of the splash pages are breathtaking. Recommended.

Double recommend. It's one of the highlights from this batch of NOW books.

Triple recommended, yo. The story is great as well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm rereading Fear Agent right now and man, it's better than I remembered. Really interesting to see just how much of an evolution Black Science is of Fear Agent.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 questions. This new fucked up (in a good way apparently) x-force with spiral and puck, is there a paperback yet or it's too new?

And is the run with Deadpool worth getting? That seemed like it came and went real fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom