• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

Always-honest said:
i just watched the first 30 minutes of the game.
I'm sorry but this game might be okay for people that play Wii games only, but for multi consoles owners this game looks pre-xbox1.. Fucking Horrible. I'm not trolling in any way.. i think The Wii/ nintendo should step up and get the fuck with modern times. This is truelly getting emberrassing.

Props to the devs for trying to get the get the most out of the Wii but this feels like going back in time for at least ten years.. There are mobile phones now that can almost display these kind of games.

Sorry for beiing so harsh, but i'm ACTUALLY baffled by what i'm looking at here.

Yes its Wii, it doesnt have that great of graphics...we know. This is a dead horse you're beating my friend. Does it look dated? Sure if you compare it to the HD consoles. Does it look bad? That can be argued, but most of it can be attributed to the artstyle, not the tech. Goldeneye, Metroid Prime 3, Black Ops all pulled of realistic graphics pretty well. They dont look as good as HD games and they never will, thats a fact. Does that mean they look bad? fuck no man.

Also I dont know how you could think the first 30 minutes looked as ugly as you say. I was actually very impressed with what they did. Now if you had been talking about the multiplayer, there'd be no argument there.

Always-honest said:
I'm sorry but this game might be okay for people that play Wii games only, but for multi consoles owners this game looks pre-xbox1.. Fucking Horrible. I'm not trolling in any way.. i think The Wii/ nintendo should step up and get the fuck with modern times. This is truelly getting emberrassing.

Props to the devs for trying to get the get the most out of the Wii but this feels like going back in time for at least ten years.. There are mobile phones now that can almost display these kind of games.

Sorry for beiing so harsh, but i'm ACTUALLY baffled by what i'm looking at here.

Hyperbole to troll much?

DaMan121

Shin Johnpv said:
Hyperbole to troll much?

But he watched 30 minutes of footage! His opinion must be valid!
Also with this troll its like going in time 10 years, trolling is a lot more sophisticated now-days.

Ulairi

Banned
Always-honest said:

2006 called it wants its post back.

Why would you watch 30 minutes of something you deem horrible? I could understand if it was just the lesser of a series of good games which caused you some disappointment...but 30 minutes of something you clearly didn't like at all from the get go? That's a lot of time to devote to crap...

Ulairi

Banned
abstract alien said:
Why would you watch 30 minutes of something you deem horrible? I could understand if it was just the lesser of a series of good games which caused you some disappointment...but 30 minutes of something you clearly didn't like at all from the get go? That's a lot of time to devote to crap...

pssstttt....he didn't. he said it for dramatic effect.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I had a look at the first thirty minutes, and while I still dont like the look of it to say it looks "pre-xbox1" is to reminisce with some huge rose tinted glasses.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
I had a look at the first thirty minutes, and while I still dont like the look of it to say it looks "pre-xbox1" is to reminisce with some huge rose tinted glasses.
Does it looks better than the Original Conduit?

apana

This looks pretty good. I haven't played any of the first conduit so I don't know how to compare to the original.

Poyunch

The player in the videos starts getting pretty good in the third link. I'm happy the SCAR is still very useful but I feel bad that I'm probably going to rely on it again when all these crazy guns are available.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
EatChildren said:

any link to footage of the first 30 mins of the game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jufonuk said:
any link to footage of the first 30 mins of the game?

Just Google "conduit 2 first 30 minutes" and the first result should be it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
EatChildren said:

checked out the 1st 30 mins too, the guy playing it needs to steady his aim more, i think i was more frustrated with the previewers play style then anything else lol

looks good but the AI did not seem a patch on GE, but i guess that version played was a prerelease?

Time will tell

i reckon a the game will score 7/8 overall

Rush2thestart said:
Yes its Wii, it doesnt have that great of graphics...we know. This is a dead horse you're beating my friend. Does it look dated? Sure if you compare it to the HD consoles.
Yeah i know. Again, it wasn't even to say bad things. I realise it looks that way.
If it sounds offensive to anyone, i apologise. I play Wii games myself and i'm a big Nintendo fan. I want Nintendo to do well but i have a feeling that old time fans are slowly moving to other parties. It's too easy to just call these people graphics whores imo.

jufonuk said:
checked out the 1st 30 mins too, the guy playing it needs to steady his aim more, i think i was more frustrated with the previewers play style then anything else lol
Yeah, he didn't seem to be that used to the wiimote.

Shin Johnpv said:
Hyperbole to troll much?
No man. Relax. I'll just move out and never speak my mind again.

abstract alien said:
because i'm curious to see what they can do with the Wii hardware. and they can do a lot with it. So i'm impressed what they can do with it. But i still think the end result still dissapoints. Is that such a horrible thing to say?.

Poyunch

I'll probably get it the weekend of the launch week. We'll find out who learns a lesson.
Either HVS learned from The Conduit or I'll finally learn my lesson and stop buying HVS games.

The latter seems more likely but I love crazy sci-fi guns.

Hiltz

I forgot that the game is coming out soon. I'd like to get it but will wait for reviews to come in. I can't help feel that HVS is going to find a way to screw it up somehow just like all of its other released games. The developer has the passion, but needs better tech and talent in my opinion.

The sad thing is that if this game does suck, then how long will we have to wait for the next good Wii game to come out ? Nintendo currently hasn't mentioned any release dates on any of the announced games and third-parties seem to have suddenly abandoned the platform. Square Enix's Dragon Quest X is basically the only known big third-party game at this point but it doesn't seem like it will be coming out this year.

Wii went from Awesome 2010 to Bummer 2011. There's still time to change this!

Despite it maybe being good/better than the first, the last people who care is probably Sega. Putting it out with no promotion/hype, and sandwiching it between Mortal Kombat and Portal 2.

Effect

donny2112 said:
So Conduit 2 comes out in 8 days. Anyone planning on picking it up at launch? Any idea what the DLC would be?

Not at launch. Spent a lot of money on the 3DS and games for it. Chances are I'll wait until the end of the month or maybe next month if I'm still interested. I really want to see some impressions from other gamers (not gaming sites) first. Nintendo Power already gave it a 7.5 so that's enough for me as far as scores good. Especailly want to see impression on how the online is. I enjoyed the first one but I didn't play it online though for some reason.

The wait was to long though. My original plan was to get GoldenEye 007 and Conduit 2 and take a pass on CoD: Black Ops. Yet Conduit 2 was delayed and CoD won me over. I'm kinda tired of FPS at the moment. I plan on finishing up GoldenEye 007 this weekend and maybe do a few more online matches (progression on this is far to slow) and then it will join Black Ops on the shelf as I've beaten that and have tired of it's online for the most part. Just trying to get to 50 again while on my first prestige (at level 45 now). Just want to end it at that number.

Not only the above but I'm still working through my backlog. Red Steel 2 is next on my list to finish up. I consider that more of a brawler then shooter thanks to the swordplay so my FPS burnout shouldn't be an issue.

Criminal Upper said:
Despite it maybe being good/better than the first, the last people who care is probably Sega. Putting it out with no promotion/hype, and sandwiching it between Mortal Kombat and Portal 2.

I really don't think that's going to matter. This is a Wii only game. Those games don't appear on the system. There are no other high profile or even close to high profile games coming out on the system at the moment. Sega really has the system to itself. Those interested in it will pick it up. It most likely will sell over time the way Conduit 1 did. However Sega has been really horrible about marketing Wii games. Why HVS didn't try going to someone else I don't understand.

donny2112 said:
So Conduit 2 comes out in 8 days. Anyone planning on picking it up at launch? Any idea what the DLC would be?
Oh wow, had no idea. I probably will since I have tons of Amazon credit from trading most of my games in and very little interesting me for the rest of the year.

AniHawk said:
it's coming out the same day as mortal kombat and portal 2.
So, we're looking at somewhere between SMG and NSMBW level sales?

Mithos

I really liked the first game, more-so then any FPS released on the HD-Twins at the same time.
I hope I will like the sequel too, but it depends on if they have stayed true to the previous game or if they have tried to mimic the mordern-time FPS'es or not (I don't modern-time FPS'es they are way to chaotic).

Effect said:
I really don't think that's going to matter. This is a Wii only game. Those games don't appear on the system. There are no other high profile or even close to high profile games coming out on the system at the moment. Sega really has the system to itself. Those interested in it will pick it up. It most likely will sell over time the way Conduit 1 did. However Sega has been really horrible about marketing Wii games. Why HVS didn't try going to someone else I don't understand.
Then again, most people who would be interested in Conduit 2 are probably into gaming enough to own at least 1 other console. I know I fall into this camp, and there are games coming out for other systems around the same time that I'd rather own.

Taker666

I really wish Sega had taken on The Grinder FPS instead. I'd have bought that (especially if it had the Red Steel 2 style motion+ swordplay)..but I have little interest in another Conduit game. The original was very generic.

I got the first Conduit day one and I was really let down. I'm not sure I will get this one if it isn't at least as good as Goldeneye.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Taker666 said:
I really wish Sega had taken on The Grinder FPS instead. I'd have bought that (especially if it had the Red Steel 2 style motion+ swordplay)..but I have little interest in another Conduit game. The original was very generic.

Grinder is meant to be out halloween time, those videos suck, the guy can't play and all the screen grabs are not exciting, add to the fact only one review of the game..damn I pre-ordered this as I want HVS to make the grinder...I got faith, I hope it comes out well :D

Hiltz

The reputation of the first Conduit game alone is probably going to be enough to severely hurt the sequel's sales. It's going to be like Red Steel 2 all over again.

The Grinder looked interesting but I think having swarms of small enemies is going to make it a frusterating game. No FPS should feature small, annoying enemies let alone groups of them.

Effect

conduitcompara.jpg

From http://www.ataqueninja.com/?p=174

Thought people would be interested in seeing this.

Doorman

Effect said:
From http://www.ataqueninja.com/?p=174

Thought people would be interested in seeing this.

Conduit 2 - now the streets are even more destroyed!

I completely forgot that this game was coming out. Which is a shame, really, because I thought a few months ago that I would pick it up to fill that random FPS itch I get every once in a while. However, my recent 3DS purchase means that I don't exactly have the cash to drop on even more new games right now, so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass.

It's really a shame because if they really have put a lot of effort in and made major improvements, I feel bad that they undoubtedly won't feel that success sales-wise. No marketing, put on a system whose software sales seem to be lagging behind now, and with a lot of negative impressions to punch through after the first game. I can't foresee any possibility of this being a success.

EDarkness

I already have this pre-ordered. Looking forward to playing it next week. FPS games on the Wii are really my weak spot, I'll admit. However, unlike a few people here, I really enjoyed the first Conduit game.

Effect

Might be able to pick this up sooner then I thought. A bit of birthday cash. Things do look improved but I wish they could have kept the original voices. I'm a fan of Keven Sorbo. Oh well. I don't mind his replacement but the voice for Ford though...ugh.

Top Bottom