• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

Doorman

Well, it could certainly be worse. I actually like the "fiery orange with white sky" style that they have going there, but it irks me a little that the actual content of the art has seemingly nothing to do with what's actually in the game, at least as far as what's known. Will we really have a bunch of powered space marines? Why is there absolutely no presence of the ASE, which is supposedly one of the game's defining mechanics, nor any recognizable traits of Mr. Ford, or the Trust, or really anything. Halo can get away with it at this point because Master Chief's design is recognizable to fans, but if you took the title logo away from this box, you'd never have any clue that this was a direct continuation of The Conduit. Seems almost purposefully generic to me.

Banned
It seems no matter what they do for covers, people bitch. The cover is fine. It resembles much more successful games in a good way

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
GameplayWhore said:
otherc.gif
I remember him!

Poyunch

Shin Johnpv said:
That's your answer right there. This box art doesn't look any worse/better/different than the shit addorning Gears of War/Halo/Killzone/Resistence etc but because its the Conduit it's shit.
I think the problem is though those games can get away with it because those characters and brand names are recognizable even to the masses. It's not really any different from those other boxarts except the fact that those games can rely on their name and better marketing. Outside of game enthusiasts no one would know what Conduit 2 was.

It needs to display something to stand out.

Mik2121

Shin Johnpv said:
That's your answer right there. This box art doesn't look any worse/better/different than the shit addorning Gears of War/Halo/Killzone/Resistence etc but because its the Conduit it's shit.
Killzone? Are u comparing this box art to killzone's one? WTF...

Poyunch

Mad Catz will apparently support a headset as well for CoD Wii. I really hope it's a typo or else hooray for more incompatible/multiple hardware.

Alongside the accessories listed above, Mad Catz expect to ship two all-new TRITTON powered Call of Duty: Black Ops Pro-Gaming Headsets, for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii video game systems and for PC.
I really doubt you'd be able to plug in the Headbanger to play with CoD and the Mad Catz headset to play Conduit 2. I don't know whether to blame third parties or Nintendo.

DAMN I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD NEWS :(

If anybody from high voltage is reading this...

Y'all need to add online leader boards like Halo 2 used to have and drop a multiplayer demo disk...if Monster Hunter Tri can do it, HV can do it.

XPE

That’s looks ALOT better than the 1st game.

But there one problem.

The way the 1st one was announce and shown to the public, the public felt like they had a say in the way the game got made and because of this they got a lot of positive reactions and buzz

This is getting done the usual way publishers do things, there for it might not have the same buzz, i mean how hard is it for Sega to release a fucking trailer?!?!?

Poyunch

Well fuck I never thought I'd say this. But apparently Conduit 2's going to have vehicles in the campaign. Their Facebook page quietly announced it along with a new online mode.

So what do you think? Either the game's going to support an actual physics engine or I'm expecting the whole thing to be extremely scripted and clunky. No mention of whether or not they're on-rails or not.

edit: Hmm may be fake. No way to prove if it's official.

boiled goose

good with gravy
the boxart looks looks ok except for the font. the problem is that it looks generic since the characters are not recognizable and dont resemble the ones from the first one at all.

the trailer looks pretty good though.

I was one of the few that actually enjoyed playing the first one for a bit. pointer controls made it pretty fun.
different from the scripted shooters of today.

Doorman

PounchEnvy said:
Well fuck I never thought I'd say this. But apparently Conduit 2's going to have vehicles in the campaign. Their Facebook page quietly announced it along with a new online mode.

So what do you think? Either the game's going to support an actual physics engine or I'm expecting the whole thing to be extremely scripted and clunky. No mention of whether or not they're on-rails or not.

edit: Hmm may be fake. No way to prove if it's official.
If there are vehicles, I'd hope that it's in more of a "you're manning the gun turret of a helicopter" or similar sort of thing, more than the Halo-style "hop in a tank and drive around freely." I'd much rather they focus on getting normal movement and shooting controls just right, rather than trying to throw in other modern shooter amenities and potentially having it come out unpolished.

No matter what they do with the campaign though, the most important part is still whether or not the online component works well.

AColdDay

amtentori said:
the boxart looks looks ok except for the font. the problem is that it looks generic since the characters are not recognizable and dont resemble the ones from the first one at all.

Depending on who you ask, that may be a good thing. I personally felt that the first needed stronger art design, and that the game was somewhat generic looking.

Doorman

jred250 said:
Depending on who you ask, that may be a good thing. I personally felt that the first needed stronger art design, and that the game was somewhat generic looking.
...Can't you use those same criticisms for this game's box, though? I like that we're getting more diverse environments within the game itself, but I still worry about their ability to stand out from the rest of the generic sci-fi shooter armada when that's the main image they're conveying. Gotta give people a reason to purchase your product over other, similar ones, and I don't think that the Conduit name as a brand is strong enough to do that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Doorman said:
...Can't you use those same criticisms for this game's box, though? I like that we're getting more diverse environments within the game itself, but I still worry about their ability to stand out from the rest of the generic sci-fi shooter armada when that's the main image they're conveying. Gotta give people a reason to purchase your product over other, similar ones, and I don't think that the Conduit name as a brand is strong enough to do that.

More than likely on the Wii this is probably one of the only Sci Fi Shooters that is not on rails, by default it automatically wins

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Conduit Delayed til early 2011

acording to IGN
the conduit has been delayed until early 2011 instead of November 2nd.

SEGA confirmed to IGN the game will now ship in early 2011. The publisher would not provide reasons for the delay.

probably not to compete with Goldeneye or Black Ops, makes sense I guess.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
jufonuk said:
Conduit Delayed til early 2011

acording to IGN
the conduit has been delayed until early 2011 instead of November 2nd.

probably not to compete with Goldeneye or Black Ops, makes sense I guess.

=O

Nooooo! My holidays are a little dimmer. =(

I guess GoldenEye will have to do.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MYE said:
No, not really.

They have a more serious vibe going on but i dont really see them as more "polished and professional".
Conduit 2's boxart looks like a comic book cover. If it suits the game or not is beyond me (didnt play the first) but it looks okay as far as i'm concerned.

Umm yes really. The Halo covers look way better.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Danthrax said:
¬_¬ I also highly anticipate Sonic Colors and Sonic the Hedgehog 4, yes, thank you for noticing.
Don't worry, he's just a dick

I skipped the first, but I might go for this. Unless Goldeneye or Black Ops show to be much better

Boerseun

Banned
Effect said:
Damn. Between this, GoldenEye, and Black Ops it's going to be a FPS ending to the year for my Wii. Nice :)

Yeah, I'm definitely getting Conduit 2 and Goldeneye.

I am currently undecided on Black Ops as I play FPS's mainly for the single player campaign.

Boerseun said:
Yeah, I'm definitely getting Conduit 2 and Goldeneye.

I am currently undecided on Black Ops as I play FPS's mainly for the single player campaign.
I wasn't aware of Black Ops actually being good on the wii. I need to check this out as analog/wiimote is heaven in my hands for this type of game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
abstract alien said:
I wasn't aware of Black Ops actually being good on the wii. I need to check this out as analog/wiimote is heaven in my hands for this type of game.

nothing is known about black ops for the Wii, it's treyarch so I assume it will be awesome

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
We at least know Black Ops will have online voice chat. I imagine if they didn't skimp in that area, they probably won't skimp the online multi either.

Poyunch

Oh my god I just saw this now. It's hilarious and sad. Hilarious imagining Duke Nukem in The Conduit but sad to have his voice wasted on this game.

Top Bottom