• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED : Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

*sees the BC signal in the sky* I have been called.

hxa155 said:
I enjoyed Bionic Commando too, but I think they should just ignore the story and make Rearmed 2 a real sequel, you know. Keep the humor, great music, cheesy lines, red hair, etc.

The Next-Gen one had the humor, but mixed at a weird ratio with the seriousness. Like how if you failed and replayed an area multiple times, you would get warped versions of the dialogue, instead of the same speech replaying over and over.

Rearmed got it perfect. The Next-Gen one... had too much pressure behind it to become a real, major Capcom franchise, which while I love the series, just wasn't probably going to happen.

Actually, if there was one thing I didn't like about BCR, it was the Easy Mode patch the game got, to where Normal Mode didn't even get to see Albatross B. Which is a great timing platform stage, and if you fall, you can still recover and scramble back to safety through most of it.

Ramenman

Bionic Commando HD sure had a lot of technical shortcomings and quite the sucky beginning.

However it got better the more you played. The swinging mechanic was just perfectly spot-on, and some of the action sequences were awesome. Fighting the polycrafts for the first time or trying to survive in the archives had this holyshit feeling to it that not a lot of games manage to make me feel.

JdFoX187

Banned
hxa155 said:
I enjoyed Bionic Commando too, but I think they should just ignore the story and make Rearmed 2 a real sequel, you know. Keep the humor, great music, cheesy lines, red hair, etc.
Yeah, I played through Bionic Commando again, only on the PC and damn the game is so depressing. Joe is a dick, Spencer is angry and the chick hates everyone. There was so much frustration in the game that the story was a real downer. I wouldn't mind them picking it up after. Somehow, Spencer survives and he's happier now that he found his wife. Something else happens, yada yada yada. Or they could just retcon it, but that wouldn't make much sense.

Pooya

bearcatjosh said:
I liked it as well. Yes it had some flaws, but with some tweaking a sequel would be great.
I'm playing Just Cause 2 like a bionic commando game, grappling hook is really fantastic:lol

Benedict

From PS3bloggen:

Under ett event i Hawaii har Capcom gått ut med nyheten om att Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 ska dyka upp, vilket innebär att det blir det svenska Might and Delights allra första titel. De flesta av er känner säkert inte till studion, men klockorna bör ringa när jag berättar att dem består av före detta medarbetare hos nedlagda Grin, som utöver ettan även låg bakom titlar såsom Wanted: Weapons of Fate (6/10) och Terminator: Salvation (5/10).

According to PS3bloggen, Capcom stated, during an event in Hawaii, that Bionic Commando 2 Rearmed is to be released.
It is to be produced by Swedish studio Might and Delight, their first title since the company formed.
The People behind Might and Delight are some, if not all, of the people behind the first Rearmed game, when they worked for Grin.

Hopefully that Might and Delight rumor is true. After they complete that then Capcom should consider letting them make a Strider game.

Benedict

SolidSnakex said:
Hopefully that Might and Delight rumor is true. After they complete that then Capcom should consider letting them make a Strider game.

How many Strider games were released? 4-5?

I wouldn't mind a sequel to the 3D Bionic Commando, the core gameplay mechanic was really neat. What sucked was the serious tone and the frustrating level design. I'm not sure if it makes much sense from a marketting point of view though, the first game bomber really hard.

Benedict said:
According to PS3bloggen, Capcom stated, during an event in Hawaii, that Bionic Commando 2 Rearmed is to be released.
It is to be produced by Swedish studio Might and Delight, their first title since the company formed.
The People behind Might and Delight are some, if not all, of the people behind the first Rearmed game, when they worked for Grin.

Increasing demand of the frothy variety.

Red Scarlet said:
No Nazis and Hitler, no sale.

They took an M Rating on what was otherwise almost an E-10 game just so they could blow some guy's head up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
A new BC:R is a fucking megaton, that game was incredible. Hell, even an improved BC 3D could be worth it, just remove that godawful blue mist and we're laughing.

Red Scarlet

MMaRsu said:
:lol

Hey Red Scarlet didn't you used to play Shadowrun with us? You probably don't play that anymore do you ^^.

I've never played Shadowrun in my life.

Kulock said:
They took an M Rating on what was otherwise almost an E-10 game just so they could blow some guy's head up.

Hell yeah.

MMaRsu

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I've never played Shadowrun in my life.

Hell yeah.

Oh sorry, I switched you with the other female gaffer, Naked Sushi. No idea how I switched you two up! My bad ^^.

Gaogaogao

miladesn said:
I'm playing Just Cause 2 like a bionic commando game, grappling hook is really fantastic:lol
yeah except the grappling hook is nothing like bc, no swinging at all.

totally down for more bcr

Teknoman

Bionic Commando did have some redeeming features, and if improved upon in sequel, could be a great game. DMC 2...never forget.

Red Scarlet said:
No Nazis and Hitler, no sale.

If you never played Rearmed, you're missing out.

rhino4evr

Cool I lost hope when grin was shut down. Rearmed was a great remake, but I wanted more original levels like the final one. The challenge rooms were fun too

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No more bionic wife arm, please.

CamHostage

Benedict said:
From PS3bloggen:

Under ett event i Hawaii har Capcom gått ut med nyheten om att Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 ska dyka upp, vilket innebär att det blir det svenska Might and Delights allra första titel. De flesta av er känner säkert inte till studion, men klockorna bör ringa när jag berättar att dem består av före detta medarbetare hos nedlagda Grin, som utöver ettan även låg bakom titlar såsom Wanted: Weapons of Fate (6/10) och Terminator: Salvation (5/10).

Heh... I bet $20 that PS3bloggen got its information not actually from anybody who was in Hawaii at this Capcom event, but instead from some variation of this NeoGAF forum thread about the rumors of what was at that event. :D

kassatsu

Banned
I saw a trailer on a place that uploaded it before they made it private.

I guess we will see this tomorrow.

They added jumping.

Looks like more of the same, but adding jump definitely makes things fundamentally more interesting. Looking forward to it, though I gotta say that calling it Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 sounds a bit redundant. The whole Re- and 2 just, well, whatever. Cool news.

Jumping in Bionic Commando? That's just wrong... the whole point is supposed to be about swinging, not jumping like in every other sidescroller... after they put it in the 3d Bionic Commando I'm not surprised, but it is too bad. It makes the series a little less unique.

Oh yeah, and it'd be great to see the (or a) female Commando back, as in Bionic Commando: Elite Forces for the GBC, which was an amazing, amazing game... even in multiplayer the first Rearmed was four male characters if I remember correctly, while Elite Forces had a male or female main character (your choice) back in 2000.

However it is though, and even if it is a little more generic with jumping, it's awesome to hear that they're making this. The Bionic Commando sidescrollers are fantastic games... well, I'm not sure about the arcade original, but the NES, GB, GBC, and Rearmed ones all sure are. The whole swinging concept is just so cool and is done so well in Bionic Commando. Sure other games have grappling hooks, but the Bionic Commando games use them better than pretty much anything. Hopefully the addition of jumping doesn't mess that up too much. It's certainly great to see more, particularly after Grin went out of business...

Red Scarlet

Teknoman said:
Bionic Commando did have some redeeming features, and if improved upon in sequel, could be a great game. DMC 2...never forget.

If you never played Rearmed, you're missing out.

I do have Rearmed. Can't do a couple of the training rooms though.

Top Bottom