• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker's Big Reunion |OT| Project Spark. Project Spark. Project Spark.

MCD

Its DLC which you can't usually preload. Normally things go out from MS at GMT but it seems like this one isn't, it'll be up at some point today.

So I have yo buy Spark before this? Hmm, thought maybe they will bundle both together.

I want to play this but the completionist in me wants to avoid Project Spark like the plague. I'll probably wait around to see if it's good before I decide to dive in.

Tntnico

This Community Trailer looks really awesome !!

After his project "R.T." on Project Spark, I can't wait to play SpawnN8NE project "Conker Rebastard"!

Bad Fur day and Other Bad Day tributes look so good too !

Just wanted to mention that the $10 pack also includes "Champion's Quest Episode 1", which is another developer-made game that you can play as Conker in. Also, they confirmed that future episodes + creation packs are going to happen, they just don't know when.

The rating came back as T from the ESRB, some regions still haven't sent their ratings, so will be delayed in Germany, Brazil and a few others.

Also, as far as future episodes, they have said they are in the planning phase for future Conker stuff, as far as which other fan favorite characters to bring in.

Thanks for the info guys! Glossed right over the rating in the community trailer.

We gave all the assets to the community, and this is what they created!
A BUNCH OF SHIT

Yep.

Oh, Plants vs. Zombies, whack a mole and Conker Live and Reloaded's multiplayer clones.
Much wow.

Microsoft shouldn't have been cheap bastards.

Yep.

Oh, Plants vs. Zombies, whack a mole and Conker Live and Reloaded's multiplayer clones.
Much wow.

Microsoft shouldn't have been cheap bastards.

We (the community members who worked on the day one UGC) did the best we could given the ~2-3 week window. A lot of work went into those levels, and I am very proud of what was produced.

Conker in Spark is a visit, a cameo. It does not stop him from getting a new stand alone game, much like having Mega Man added to Smash Bros doesn't stop them from making a new Mega Man game. If people want some Conker in the mean time, here's some Conker.

Alx

A great moment for Project Spark. Hopefully it will bring more attention to the game, which can be really great. I'm quite hopeful the Conker quest will be good, since all content created by the devs has had great design in the past. And it will be appreciated to be able to play other levels than the Champion's Quest.
Hopefully there will be more content delivered that way in the future. :)

lol @ Conker's flying animation.

Really interested in that Conker multiplayer arena, particularly that 3rd person camera. Maybe I could finally retire my bootleg kode.

Camjo-Z

So I beat it, more like 40 minutes than an hour. Impressions!

I think anybody playing this expecting a Conker "sequel" will be disappointed, but as a little spin-off made for the fans it does its job pretty well. They also manage to keep the humor "edgy" without actually going into M-rated territory. It's not laugh out loud funny, but it got some chuckles out of me.

If there's one issue I have, it's that they relied a little too much on a trope I call "Matt Hazard Syndrome" - pointing out how cliched something is, but doing it anyway. But in the end, it's $5, so I can't complain too much. Looking forward to the next episode!

Sydle

Completed!

That was pretty fun and it got some good laughs out of me. Down for the next episode, and I'll check out some of the community stuff in the meantime.

I bought the creators pack, so just maybe I'll try to make my own creation.

Alchemy

I wanna play Conkers Big Reunion but Project Spark is making go through this tutorial bullshit. Seriously, go fuck yourself Microsoft.

Sydle

I wanna play Conkers Big Reunion but Project Spark is making go through this tutorial bullshit. Seriously, go fuck yourself Microsoft.

This is definitely a problem. They should allow you to skip all those tutorials.

I mostly use Project Spark on my PC, but have it on my Xbox One as well. I guess it's been a while since I fired it up on Xbox One, because it made me go through the tutorials when I all I wanted to do was play Conker. I was surprised the PC and Xbox One versions aren't synced. I shouldn't have to go through those tutorials ever again unless I want to.

Justinh

Both were awesome. The Xbox version was damn good in spite of the extra censoring even. The multiplayer on it was so damn underrated. I actually wish Microsoft would remaster it for Xbone. I'd gladly pay any price for a remaster of it.

Have they aged well? That's something that concerns me since it's a N64 game and all.

God DAMN this fucking tutorial...

edit:i'm not sure if I like this. It doesn't let you invert aim when you go in the
first person-y shooting segment
And I had to completely restart after getting to the
Big balls bear. I died while fighting him, and
it kept respawning me as...dead. I'd be lying there dead for the cutscene and after it finished whether I let it run or I skipped it I would just be still be dead, so it'd just keep looping.

W.S.

I haven't gotten TOO far into it (up to the stealth level) but I like the humor so far.

Visually the lighting and style looks pretty good but the engine continues to hamper Team Dakota's efforts in delivering a smoother experience. I really hope they optimize the engine further or drop the resolution if they have to for a better framerate because it can get quite bothersome.

Also, as a suggestion to Team Dakota they should ideally put all of their original episodic content front and center in the opening UI. This will help sell their content packs more when you have an idea of what the assets/engine can do while playing their games. Another suggestion is adding a "Lore book" since interestingly enough the game does have it's own story. I understand that they want to sell their creation/episodic packs but there's a better way to organize this stuff.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or had already been answered, but can this be purchased as a standalone thing or do I need to buy Project Spark? I really want to play Conker but not keen on Project Spark itself.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or had already been answered, but can this be purchased as a standalone thing or do I need to buy Project Spark? I really want to play Conker but not keen on Project Spark itself.

Project Spark is a free to play game. The disc version of Spark that is sold at retail comes with DLC to justify the price, downloading the game from the Windows/Xbox store is free.

W.S.

Yeah as previously stated, the core game is free so you download that and then buy the Conker play pack which I think comes with Team Dakota's other playable episode Void Storm.

The game also has "Champions" which are class based heroes that you can use both in the Void Storm episodes and user generated content. They're packaged separately but you might be able to grind enough currency to buy them too.

Alx

The game was ok. I was a bit disappointed by how they tuned the gameplay, Conker had too much inertia for my tastes. But I suppose it's to be faithful with the original gameplay, since Spark characters usually have more twitchy controls.
The creation content seems great though, I was very impressed by the "Other Bad Day" fan creation.

So far, so good. Feels like Conker. But what is up with Project Spark's framerate? I'm not one to have too super critical eye about, but it just feels so studdery. Just a curiosity.

Alchemy

Just finished it, burning my Xbone's HDD to get rid of that shit. Holy fuuuuuck that was miserable:

• Writing feels like Conker
  • Art style generally looks really great
  • Performance is fuuuuuucking miserable and completely ruins the game
The physics in the game are off (getting stuck on surfaces when jumping up that require you to be not touching even a little for you to jump over), character acceleration and deceleration feels like crap, and it gets buggy as shit during the big teddy boss fight. Framerate is amazingly shit, especially when nothing is even going on, seems like open areas straight up murder performance.

Not touching Part 2, not touching any more garbage made in Project Spark. I don't think I've ever been so irritated at spending $5 in my life.

Does it still play like BFD design wise, or is it more like whatever the default Project Spark platforming is? Sorta like how almost everything in LittleBig Planet plays as a 2.5D platformer with the same physics?

Justinh

The physics in the game are off (getting stuck on surfaces when jumping up that require you to be not touching even a little for you to jump over), character acceleration and deceleration feels like crap, and it gets buggy as shit during the big teddy boss fight. Framerate is amazingly shit, especially when nothing is even going on, seems like open areas straight up murder performance.

Not touching Part 2, not touching any more garbage made in Project Spark. I don't think I've ever been so irritated at spending $5 in my life.

I think I feel the same way. After restarting because of a weird death loop during the boss fight, a key wouldn't spawn so I couldn't progress again, so I had to restart again.

Luckily, during the third time through the big tediz's eye lasers weren't appearing, making that fight a little easier. But I really didn't enjoy this, the slippery-sliding around while and the "catching" on like, cracks in the floor just made this feel not-fun to play for me. I didn't expect much from this, being made in spark, but even that was too much it seems. Good thing it was short.

StillEdge

I loved it. The humor was a little tame, but spot on for the most part. The controls were iffy, and the camera was shitty. I also wish it didn't look like Project Spark, but beyond that it felt like Conker and was nothing but fun. For $5 it was a no brainer and I hope it makes them bring a real Conker back.

Just finished it, burning my Xbone's HDD to get rid of that shit. Holy fuuuuuck that was miserable:

• Writing feels like Conker
  • Art style generally looks really great
  • Performance is fuuuuuucking miserable and completely ruins the game

I think I feel the same way. After restarting because of a weird death loop during the boss fight, a key wouldn't spawn so I couldn't progress again, so I had to restart again.

Luckily, during the third time through the big tediz's eye lasers weren't appearing, making that fight a little easier. But I really didn't enjoy this, the slippery-sliding around while and the "catching" on like, cracks in the floor just made this feel not-fun to play for me. I didn't expect much from this, being made in spark, but even that was too much it seems. Good thing it was short.

This sort of mirror's my disappointment with Project Spark itself. It was one of the things I was most excited about with Xbox One, but when it came out I spent an hour with it and then uninstalled. I was hoping this would turn out better, but it sounds like PS is still a very limited and janky mess.

Leflus

It was a fun first episode. Not as good as a completely new game would have been, but much better than nothing at all. :)

Team Dakota really needs to do something about Project Spark's performance, though. The framerate is far from stable.

ElRenoRaven

So I picked it up and I have to say I loved it. I still hate the camera in Project spark but the Conker stuff was really fun. I can't wait to see where they go with it. I still long for a proper true sequel though. Well worth the 10 bucks I think.

Top Bottom