• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker's Big Reunion |OT| Project Spark. Project Spark. Project Spark.

I'm not entirely sure, it would take away all the work they're putting into these episodes if a bigger, retail game was announced.

Anyone know how many episodes of this we're getting?

Idk how many episodes. Prob 3 or 5 is my guess. The more important question to me is when we will get the next episode. I'm hoping soon rather than waiting months and months.

W.S.

I'm not entirely sure, it would take away all the work they're putting into these episodes if a bigger, retail game was announced.

Anyone know how many episodes of this we're getting?
They haven't really said but this was in their FAQ:

Q: When does episode 2 come out?

A: We do not have a release date yet. We are currently focusing most of our resources on episode 1. Once that releases, we’ll take a good look at our schedule of future releases.

I'm not sure the devs know themselves. The Conker content started as a side project, I suppose the possible episodes to come will depend on the reception.
They already have a plan for episodic content that seems spread out already, and with not much visibility for players. The first Champion's Quest episode was released at official launch last Fall, and the second one is expected to release soon.
I can't wait for episode 2 of their champion's quest stuff I've been playing Void Storm over and over and keep finding new things about it.

Camjo-Z

For those who are interested, they put out a patch with some fixes:
http://forums.projectspark.com/yaf_postst132322.aspx

The bugs which were 'game breaking' and required the level to have been restarted were fixed, and they also added inverted controls to the shooting gallery.

Seems they fixed his funny helicoptery tail thing so it doesn't give you ridiculous height anymore. That said, I tried again and it's still possible to get over the loading zones for every area except the brewery. Not complaining though, cuz it's still fun to do.

Also, I forgot to mention it earlier, but I discovered that you can totally skip the drunken slow-mo section in the brewery by spamming your melee attack. Conker just waltzes right through the barrage! I'm almost tempted to speedrun this now, I've found so many ways to optimize my time.

Ugh, this is just not conker to me. I played up to the brewery in the game and just it off. The controls feel a little slippery, there's obvious polish that's lacking compared to the OG game and the music sounds sort of muffled. It feels like an offbrand game. No thanks.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Well finally i bought the game yesterday and finished.I like the idea and the concept of this episodic game but the execution is very clunky with unresponsive controls and not work very well with project spark. The section with the gun in fps is horrible with the controls,the boss of this section with the laser eyes and the horrible jumping control of conker are a pain in the ass.
This idea of a episodic game playing conker i like it if they make it like a telltale game with 5 episodic games with a game engine property or maybe unity engine but not inside in project spark.

Conclusion i like the idea and the concept of this game but not the execution inside of project spark is the big error.

How can I buy Project Spark on PC? Is it in the Windows Store thing?

Yeah it's in the WIndows 8 app store.

Well finally i bought the game yesterday and finished.I like the idea and the concept of this episodic game but the execution is very clunky and not work very well with project spark. The section with the gun in fps is horrible with the controls,the boss of this section with the laser eyes and the horrible jumping control of conker are a pain in the ass.
This idea of a episodic game playing conker i like it if they make it like a telltale game with 5 episodic games with a game engine property or maybe unity engine but not inside in project spark.

Conclusion i like the idea and the concept of this game but not the execution inside of project spark is the big error.

I felt it started off well enough but the two sections you mention were where things fell apart for me. Trying to cram the more ambitious stuff into Spark doesn't seem to work too well.

Just got it and finished it. It was actually very good on pc I will test it on xbox later. But no fps droos and it looked terrific.

I laughed at a few thinks. Was really amused by the references and game play.

It was pretty challenging too.

Team dakota did well with the conker feel. Just not enough memorable characters to pull it over.

TLDR: Conker's Big Reunion Episode 1 is free if you get it this weekend.

*edit- link: http://forums.projectspark.com/yaf_...k--1-Credit-Conker-and-Double-XP-Weekend.aspx

From their email today:
Two summers ago, at E3 2013, Microsoft revealed Project Spark to the world. Its idea, vision and tools have inspired millions of creators. These creators have spent over 22 million hours in Project Spark, making 72 million custom brains, 21 million custom environments and 4 million Custom Objects. To say thanks, we want to give the community a lot to celebrate with. That’s why we’re kicking off our Summer of Spark with Double XP and Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 virtually for free!

The summer event starts this Friday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT) and continues through to Monday, June 15 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. GMT).

Here is what you’ll be able to get in Project Spark during that timeframe:

Conker’s Big Reunion Episode 1 available in the Project Spark Marketplace for 1 credit (you get 75 credits just for logging into Project Spark!)
2x XP on all challenges and activities
2x Credits on all challenges and activities
If you have Spark Premium, you'll get 4x XP & Credits

This is a thank you to our always inspiring community. Thanks for a great first two years. Let’s make the next two even better, starting with a summer to remember!

I had a frustrating experience with expiring Xbox credit at the end of last month which put me off buying the Conker DLC. It becoming free for the weekend has been a great treat. Thank you to the Project Spark team! I'm about to dive into it!

EBE

Very cool that this is free. I log on to Project Spark every once in a while to post on the picture thread here on GAF. Some pretty hilarious creations out there.

I cant seem to download this game on windows 10. As soon as I type the game and click it, the windows store closes automatically. Already tried the website and nothing

Top Bottom