• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker's Big Reunion |OT| Project Spark. Project Spark. Project Spark.

Kordelle

Dunno, first I had to play the tutorial which was really frustrating, then the Conker Game didnt feel that great.
It had some funny moments, but I had a bug at the castle so I couldnt finish it.
maybe tomorrow.

Gonna pick this up since it seems like the only real complaints are about Xbox One performance, but I'll be playing on PC

Huge, huge missed opportunity not making the OT

Conker's Big Reunion |OT| Pocket Tales from my ass

After watching a video (I lack an Xbox One and a powerful enough PC so bite me), I have to say that with a little(a lot) more polish, this might be something special. The writing is wonderful.

Arkage

Banned
Hmmm. Looks like I'll have to load up the MS store on my PC for the first time in forever to get on this.... for $5 and good word of mouth, I'm on it.

Jrs3000

Should I or shouldn't I...

It's $5

PeterGriffin_zpsfe901948.jpg

They tried to get out the word through all social media channels to do the tour before today if you wanted to jump right in to Conker. Unfortunately, a large number of people would download Spark, have no idea what it is, and leave. The tour was designed to let people know what they need to, and before today had a lot of positive feedback. It may have been optimal if they had engineered a way to "pause and come back later" for those who really just want to skip the tour, but may decide later they need it.

You can, however, exit rather quickly out of the Champions Quest, Crossroads and UGC segments.

Win7 doesn't have the cross platform tech native to Win8.1 and Xbox One, they would have had to spend a lot of their time and effort to build that support themselves instead of working on other things. With win10 around the corner, and being a free upgrade for win7 and win8 users, it didn't make sense for them to make that investment.

Alchemy

They tried to get out the word through all social media channels to do the tour before today if you wanted to jump right in to Conker. Unfortunately, a large number of people would download Spark, have no idea what it is, and leave. The tour was designed to let people know what they need to, and before today had a lot of positive feedback. It may have been optimal if they had engineered a way to "pause and come back later" for those who really just want to skip the tour, but may decide later they need it.

You can, however, exit rather quickly out of the Champions Quest, Crossroads and UGC segments.

It would have been more optimal if this wasn't made in Spark, then the obnoxious tour and horrible Xbone performance and Spark physics wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Xbudz

Screenshot-Original.png

It's pretty neat to see Conker again. Hopefully enough people put money towards this to justify a proper sequel.

magnumpy

Win7 doesn't have the cross platform tech native to Win8.1 and Xbox One, they would have had to spend a lot of their time and effort to build that support themselves instead of working on other things. With win10 around the corner, and being a free upgrade for win7 and win8 users, it didn't make sense for them to make that investment.

specifically what is this cross platform tech that windows7 lacks? more technically demanding games such as thewitcher3 seem to run on windows7 just fine, so I think this has more to do with MS artificially limiting this title to windows8 than any justifiable technical limitation.

Fox Mulder

It would have been more optimal if this wasn't made in Spark, then the obnoxious tour and horrible Xbone performance and Spark physics wouldn't have been an issue at all.

There was no way they'd make a proper game after all this time. Maybe this does well enough to even justify its own digital game.

MrMatt555

This game is too addicting! Spent all day earning enough coins to be able to purchase the champions pack for 60k. Also earned 45 achievements along the way and have yet to even play conker's big reunion. I.can't.stop.

This game is too addicting! Spent all day earning enough coins to be able to purchase the champions pack for 60k. Also earned 45 achievements along the way and have yet to even play conker's big reunion. I.can't.stop.

Right?! Have you done the Void campaign yet? I'm so addicted!

I really enjoyed this, it was damn refreshing being able to play as Conker again.

My only complaint was that it did suffer with frame rate drops quite frequently (xbo version).

Xbudz

I really enjoyed this, it was damn refreshing being able to play as Conker again.

My only complaint was that it did suffer with frame rate drops quite frequently (xbo version).

Yes, the frame drops are common in Project Spark. While I didn't give Project Spark much time up until now, this Conker themed expansion is making me somewhat happy.

Alx

I'm pretty excited to get home tonight after work to play this.

How long does the first ep take to beat?

I haven't timed my session, but I'd say between 30 min and 1 hour, depending on how you do. The game isn't too easy (and sometimes the controls don't help).
I don't think it has much replay value either, but it's fun while it lasts. Make sure you check some of the user creations too, tried the Great Mighty Poo this morning, it was well done for a fan creation.

Alx

Well he "cheated", a few selected creators were given early access to the content so that their levels would be ready day one. I have only tried two for now, "Mighty Poo" and "Other Bad Day", but both are very good (especially considering they're fan creations).

Alx

Be warned that PS support on Win10 is hit and miss, though... it works in some builds, not in others.

So far, I've only played fan creations. Other Day seemed pretty good, though I couldn't figure out what to do in the fridge, and then stopped playing it.

I also played Conker Multiplayer Arena and one of many Mumbo's Mountain starring Conker variations. The latter was a decent recreation, but there wasn't much to do in it besides collect coins and eggs that don't actually do anything.

The former...is okay. I liked that Halo 2's Ascension map was the map. It was very accurately recreated, but at least against the AI, it got boring pretty quick. I imagine it'd be a lot more fun with other humans.

Oh, yeah, I also played Conker's Whack Off. It starts off really slow, but it gets faster and more fun over time...but it takes quite a bit to get to that point.

Alx

So far, I've only played fan creations. Other Day seemed pretty good, though I couldn't figure out what to do in the fridge, and then stopped playing it.

I couldn't even get that far... I was stuck
in front of the elevator, after having killed the "mouse" and being shot at by the turret

I couldn't even get that far... I was stuck
in front of the elevator, after having killed the "mouse" and being shot at by the turret

Jump towards the turret to get into a security room where you can disable the turret and open the elevator door.

MCD

OK. Real talk.

Project Spark tutorial nearly killed any love I had for the little bad fur ball. But I had to tolerate all the BRAINS garbage, all the shitty menus because I knew it will be worth it.

And boy, seeing Conker on the big screen sure was!

I will continue playing later but some things for Project Spark team:

- forcing everyone to go through the tutorial is plain dumb. I am a player, not a creator. Is that a bad thing now? In fact, upon starting the game it should give you two options:

PLAY

CREATE

That's it.

I don't like Minecraft one bit but there is a reason why it sold millions. I can start it up, select whatever world and let the kids do their thing. Here? Nope. Ugly menus, sub menus, brains inside brains, controls inside controls.

Like, I know your game is more complex and allows so much more than Minecraft but at least don't force it out on me.

- I love your graphics, I really, really do. It's simple yet rich. The colors mix really well with Rare's worlds. But 1 min in Conker's Reunion and the framerate turns to shit. What's going on there?

And what's up with the in-game audio? Seems a bit low.

And a big note to MS: PLEASE ADVERTISE THIS RIGHT ON THE MAIN XBOX DASH. No wonder why Rare properties all died under MS.

- if this is successful, you should really consider making Conker as a standalone episodic game. If Rare can't do it, perhaps you can. And I know it will kill Project Spark, but I doubt it wasn't dying to begin with.

Sorry for being harsh, but these are my thoughts so take them as you wish.

When did they add that long ass tutorial, anyway? I played the game a few times before, but I never had to go through that before I played it earlier.

The only thing I got before was that part where they do a basic level that gets created by answering some questions that pop up. I got that when I first played it back in August. I never got anything else the other times that I played it.

Top Bottom