• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cop bodyslams 15 year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
not all cops are bad.
Doesn't exactly camouflage the fact that a lot are.

Probably being a loud mouth little shit. But oh noes, she's 15!
How are some of you justifying any this? Because teens might act bitchy? Really? It's a fucking kid, was the cop honestly that much of a pussy that he couldn't reprimand her (justly or not) in any other way?

A kid being a loud mouth little shit doesn't give an officer the right to physically fuck them up. You're a moron if you think otherwise.

thespot84

My god I fucking LOATHE CNN...

That was news coverage I'd expect to see from something like idiocracy. They've become a parody of themselves...

Being 15 and female doesn't give you a pass.

Not according to some people in real life and on this board. Sadly with these stories we almost never get the full picture. I wish there would be a decent tape for once when someone was filming these things. It is scary how many negative cop stories we have been getting lately though.

The girl in the background with the black top going DAYUM. She seems to have liked it.
And sup with the dude with his whole underwear showing.

Do u have something to hide, citizen?

I caught my wife cheating on me so I kicked her out of my house. So she called the cops and said I beat her up. I never touched her but no one believed me. I wasn't allowed to go back to my house for six months and had to pay all the bills why she didn't work.

s7evn

I think that one was posted with sarcasm.

Without context you can't judge what happen and why. If it's because she started trying to fight the cop for whatever reason then he should be able to use force. If she was peacefully going along then it's wrong.

commedieu

Banned

How are some of you justifying any this? Because teens might act bitchy? Really? It's a fucking kid, was the cop honestly that much of a pussy that he couldn't reprimand her (justly or not) in any other way?

A kid being a loud mouth little shit doesn't give an officer the right to physically fuck them up. You're a moron if you think otherwise.

Perfect post sentry.

People victim blame the shit out of people obviously being abused by police all the time. I think its a fear response, its terrifying to me that I know full well the police are GENERALLY out of control, will use excessive violence more often than not, and won't be punished for doing so. Thats my take on it at least. Denying that fact, is making the mental gymnastic that its OK for police to abuse people, if the person is doing anything outside of just standing there silently. Its always "She should have shut the fuck up, He shouldn't have asked what was happening. He was handcuffed on the ground, shouldn't have turned around to say anything.. thats why he was shot!" Meaning that if you do that, you will be abused by a police officer, and its OK if that happens. It does acknowledge the police abuse, but it sides with it.

I know its not ok. Its disgusting to be afraid of police. I'm glad I don't have to justify their actions though, they are generally deplorable.

Some of these teen-aged shits need a good body slam.

Shit like this is sad, Because you don't realize that this attitude keeps shifting with more and more police abuse. Its "Stupid Hippies, need a good body slam! Stupid Students, Need a good body slam! Stupid out of work people, Need a good body slam!" There is no line that prevents this becoming the norm, as people will continue to support the abuse as the circle around them is getting smaller and smaller.

I'm glad the NYPD is getting the shit sued out of them for abusing every persons civil rights at OWS.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

As I posted earlier (keep reading the thread) little shit refers to her resisting, pushing, walking way from the officer. I see this all the time from teenagers that think they're young enough that no one will do anything. But as already stated there's a lack of context in the video, you just see the bodyslam. I agree though that just being mouthy doesn't deserve a bodyslam.

Angry Fork

Lazy police care more about getting things done quick and easy rather than the right way. And they get away with it since they're a gang so it's not surprising. Hopefully he gets into trouble as there's no justification for this.

Some of these teen-aged shits need a good body slam.

Okay do that to your own daughter if you believe in corporal punishment but tax paid police who are supposed to be protecting/serving aren't supposed to slam other people's daughters on the ground just because he can't do his job properly. (And it's another thing entirely if there was cause for her arrest to begin with).

EulaCapra

Really thought a referee was gonna go count the pinning.

And god I hate Jane Velez Mitchell. People working there should have suffered from heart attacks already from all the crazy blown out of proportions dramatics.

I guess the outrage comes from her being a 15 year old girl?

Depending on the context, that was just a normal takedown, to stop/arrest a resisting person. Maybe a bit more air time than you would want due to her low weight (probably got a contusion on the hip?)

Though the video also doesn't show if the cop could have handled the situation differently to avoid a wrangle in the first place.

I caught my wife cheating on me so I kicked her out of my house. So she called the cops and said I beat her up. I never touched her but no one believed me. I wasn't allowed to go back to my house for six months and had to pay all the bills why she didn't work.

Well I wasn't expecting that. There's someone that deserves to be bodyslammed. I really wish you did hit her. You have no desire to do anything about it? Get her to confess on a hidden tape?

There have been a lot of cop threads here lately.

And while not every cop is bad, it's like the internet, only the negative people seem to get recognized.

.la1n

Not according to some people in real life and on this board. Sadly with these stories we almost never get the full picture. I wish there would be a decent tape for once when someone was filming these things. It is scary how many negative cop stories we have been getting lately though.

Lately? The stories of cops doing out of line things and corruption date back before I was even born. We just now have more ready access to the stories about it, and more people having access to smart phones, small cameras, etc. is also at an all time high.

What she did didn't warrant a body slam onto the concrete. She could have hit her head on it causing some major damage (and lawsuit for the cop). Seriously, just cuff her, if she resists, put some elbow grease into it, not your full body weight slamming her in the ground.

Cops restrain people for a living, but they clearly don't know what the world "restraint" means.

noah111

Still Alive
Of course we don't see what happened before, but if she was behaving in a way that warranted any use of force, I have no problem with the level of force that she got.
Being 15 and female doesn't give you a pass.
The issue is not what the 15 year old deserves or doesn't deserve. It's an issue of the cop doing his/her job. The job isn't to punish someone who you find to be a nuisance or 'deserving of a punch', it's to enforce the law. Child or not, deserving or not, what threat could a 15 year old girl have posed to a built male cop that would've urged him to take her down like that?

How about you go find and punch her in the face yourself, the cops don't exist to physically abuse people you consider have it coming due to their behavior.

The point where they do, you better be ready for a slippery slope.

neoism

If only. There are entire swaths of law enforcement that have tried to argue videotaping like this should be illegal. Thankfully the courts have (mostly) sided with citizens.

I've heard cops saying that helmet/cap cameras shouldn't be allowed because they can only show a small viewpoint. You know, THE SAME AS THE FRIGGIN POLICEMAN IN QUESTION.

God forbid judges and attorneys could ever see the same as a cop did before engaging in questionable behaviour.

fuck that they're public officers they just don't want to be caught. They should put three cameras on every police car one in the front, back, and in the car with sound. Don't know about you but if I ever see a cop beating someone... my ipod is out instantly....

The issue is not what the 15 year old deserves or doesn't deserve. It's an issue of the cop doing his/her job. The job isn't to punish someone who you find to be a nuisance or 'deserving of a punch', it's to enforce the law. Child or not, deserving or not, what threat could a 15 year old girl have posed to a built male cop that would've urged him to take her down like that?

How about you go find and punch her in the face yourself, the cops don't exist to physically abuse people you consider have it coming due to their behavior.

The point where they do, you better be ready for a slippery slope.

Suspect is resisting, that's enough for a police officer to use FORCE to apprehend someone.

The real issue is that you don't understand what Reasonable force is to take someone into custody.

Wrekt

true but everyone of them has abused there power in some form.

What a ridiculous statement.

The only context we have leading up to the video is that she was (allegedly) fighting someone else. For all we know, she was attacking the cop as he was trying to break up the fight.

Just like the girl in the video, the cop isn't automatically guilty.

Lately? The stories of cops doing out of line things and corruption date back before I was even born. We just now have more ready access to the stories about it, and more people having access to smart phones, small cameras, etc. is also at an all time high.

That is true. I should rephrase what I said to they are getting caught more often now.

Cat Party

If she was well dressed and in front of a restaurant parking lot or something, you probably wouldn't be coming to that conclusion. This wreaks of the 'well if she wasn't dressed like that...' victim blaming mindset.

What the hell? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

What she did didn't warrant a body slam onto the concrete. She could have hit her head on it causing some major damage (and lawsuit for the cop). Seriously, just cuff her, if she resists, put some elbow grease into it, not your full body weight slamming her in the ground.

Cops restrain people for a living, but they clearly don't know what the world "restraint" means.

You don't know what she did.

It's nearly impossible for me to be outraged without context. She could have been minding her business. She could have been pushed into the officer by someone else. She could have been trying to further escalate a situation with verbal threats. She could have been trying to further escalate a situation by taking a swing at someone nearby. She could have been trying to flee the scene. We don't know. All we know is that she was allegedly involved in an incident at a night club that she shouldn't have been at in the first place.

All I'm saying is, there are perfectly valid reasons to throw a 100 lb girl (or a 150 lb guy) to the ground in the context of an after-hours altercation. I know, I've seen it happen. It's naive to think that just because she's a woman that she's a piece of cake to wrap up.

marrec

Banned
Quite the noggin you've got on you, friend.

If she was well dressed and in front of a restaurant parking lot or something, you probably wouldn't be coming to that conclusion. This wreaks of the 'well if she wasn't dressed like that...' victim blaming mindset.

I don't know, it didn't seem like that bad to me. I'd have to see the video 20 seconds previous to tell if I should be outraged or not. Cop had to get her on the ground somehow right?

Speevy

Banned
threw-it-on-the-ground.gif

Nobody died

Edit: NVM, as it turns out, she was involved in a fight at a club, which she snuck into illegally as a 15 year old. Being a relatively pacifist bouncer (I've only ever dragged someone out against their will twice in a year), all I have to say is NO ONE is above getting their ass tossed in these situations.

Nah man FUCK THE POLICE!

Quite the noggin you've got on you, friend.

lol

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I typically give cops the benefit of the doubt in these situations, so I will assume she was resisting. Does everyone's parents not teach them growing up that if you resist arrest the cops will fuck you up? Ever seen Cops? If it happened for no reason, cop should be fired, but I doubt that at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom