• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cop bodyslams 15 year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Still no youtube link?
I hate almost all news site media players, they just dont work smoothly for me.....uno momento............

Found it.
Youtube link for the initiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDmOcgjz-Rk

On Topic
Ha!, dont resist arrest and bad shit doesnt happen(waits for police horror stories)

Though i should say this is closer to a clothesline than a bodyslam, the chick was trying to i guess out walk him but his arms of the law put her down!
I love that he even used a slight kick to get her properly airbourne.....hahaha good job.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Still no youtube link?
I hate almost all news site media players, they just dont work smoothly for me.....uno momento............

Found it.
Youtube link for the initiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDmOcgjz-Rk

On Topic
Ha!, dont resist arrest and bad shit doesnt happen(waits for police horror stories)

Though i should say this is closer to a clothesline than a bodyslam, the chick was trying to i guess out walk him but his arms of the law put her down!
I love that he even used a slight kick to get her properly airbourne.....hahaha good job.

Looking at the vid you can see a friend? holding her back and corralling her near the beginning of the video (shes in red). She was probably still trying to instigate even more by yelling at whoever was in the altercation with her. Tries to walk across the lot towards the other party and the cop extends the arm of the law on 'dat ass. Therefor I deem the use of force...

uIAJP.jpg

Xero

Having seen the video now, I think the real damning evidence is the lift before he slams her. He could've easily just forced her to the ground from a standing position, instead he gives that chick just enough of a lift up to get some momentum going and THWACK, down she goes. That's definitely some over-the-top WWE ish and looks very, very intentional.

From what I've seen, a lot of times when cops force people down its face first. Particularly if she was struggling it seems safer to take her down butt first instead.

I feel robbed watching that video. I was hoping for someone to fly away as an F-15 by the end of it :(

I hate videos like this where the video seems like it was edited to re-define context. I hope that mor information comes to light and if the cop really was in the wrong... at the very least, he should lose his job.

Black_Stride

I feel robbed watching that video. I was hoping for someone to fly away as an F-15 by the end of it :(

I hate videos like this where the video seems like it was edited to re-define context. I hope that mor information comes to light and if the cop really was in the wrong... at the very least, he should lose his job.

What the youtube link a post just up the page, unedited and you can se that the girl was trying to walk away or something.
He didnt bodyslam her he clotheslined her.

noah111

Still Alive
A 15 year-old petite is hard to restrain?
Well he didn't know she was 15, oh and she might have had a weapon!

The full video is revealing. It's not like there was a long (or even short?) struggle before he resorted to doing that smack down shit. Yeah she definitely deserved it and he definitely had to do what he had to do!

Gimme a break.

I remember a time when I kind of respected CNN.
CNN International > CNN. I can't even access the stateside version of CNN so when I get glimpses of it through youtube and the like, it can be a bit surprising.

Black_Stride

Well he didn't know she was 15, oh and she might have had a weapon!

The full video is revealing. It's not like there was a long (or even short?) struggle before he resorted to doing that smack down shit. Yeah she definitely deserved it and he definitely had to do what he had to do!

Gimme a break.

If a police officer tells you to stop just stop.
She was trying to run away, he had to put her down.....did she need to get that much air, probably not.
Did he know she was that light? Probably not.

I dont see "Extreme" excessive force i see a cop doing his job in a stressful situation.

Watch the full video frame by frame, he clothelines her trying to pull her down, her legs go flying which makes it look like some super slam.

Also she is seen struggling during the first three seconds of the video....she is clearly scuffling with a cop in brown after she escapes him she i guess tries to run away, so our hero cop had to clothesline her.

P.S He doesnt extend his back....he didnt lift her up, her legs going up make it seem that way, but it was actually just a straight up take down.

Xero

Yeah initially I was expecting a cop to go all zangief final atomic buster on someone. While that would have been horrible, it also would have been amazing to see.

That didn't look bad at all. I was expecting at least a suplex or full nelson powerslam.

If I was a parent I'd be more pissed that my 15yo daughter was out in the middle of the night dressed like a slut with a bunch of thugs.

VAPitts

Without much force from officer for sure, but the way she slammed the ground doesn't look very appealing.

Having a good time like almost every other teenager, probably against her parents' wishes but together with all of her friends? Oh wait, you are saying that somehow her promiscuous behavior (I assume you mean that, what else could UNDERAGE girl be doing at a club except getting alcohol and blowing older dudes, right?) at the club explains the need to use force to restrain her?

lol wow, you're full of sh*t

demigod

Oh hey, I live here.

Watching CNN's video, they blew this outta proportion. The youtube link was much better, she was resisting arrest. Not really a body slam, he had his hands around her neck and she tried to walk away.

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, so, full video:

We still don't get much context to the incident in question.

HOWEVER

seeing it played back at normal speed rather than CNN slow mo shows it sure wasn't a "body slam". There was horizontal as well as verticle movement, so it's pretty clear he didn't pick her up and force her into the ground WWE style.

The girl goes airborn not because he lifts her up, but because her legs fly out from underneath her when he grabs her.

What I don't like is that it looks like he grabbed her by the neck or head, which anyone can tell you is totally not cool.

So it's still difficult to judge because we're lacking the immediate seconds before as context, but we can see it was BRUTAL COP BODY SLAM.

Honestly, this could go either way in the justified/unjustified stakes. I really want to see an alternate angle.

Reuenthal

Banned
Like most gaf police thread in which the cases of police abuse are not as blatant as many think there is often a choice betwee a) jump into conclusions that already fit your confirmation bias about police at best (or confirms your blatant bigotry at worse) and be outraged b) don't and put as blame as clear evidence allow and wait for more and I guess some allow some jumping into conclusions differently as well.

They are certainly interesting threads, since the trend is usually that the evidence show that things are better than the most exhessive negative assumptions, to those that think based on such threads and other negative experiences (because statistically the evidence of bad cops being so widespread aren't there or are less known than how someone might incorectly be affected by negative news stories after negative news stories that are reproduced because negative sells and have some clearly illogical conclusions that are generalizations.) So I wonder if there is any shift in opinion knowing than even in the negative stories are not that much negative.

Danis

Neo Member
I'm the first one to jump on the cop-hating bandwagon, but not here. I mean, ffs, you can CLEARLY see her forward momentum from running away from the cop added to the severity of the "body slam". She had it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom