• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

So I think the tracker for USA gonna become a bit useless.

As of March 31, the NYC Health Department is now reporting the number of COVID-19 cases by diagnosis date, instead of report date. Diagnosis date is the date that someone went to their doctor and had a swab taken for testing. We were previously using the reported date of infection. Diagnosis date is more reflective of when people are getting sick and being tested.

Due to this change, case counts per day reported previously will not match current daily counts. Information about cases over the last week will be incomplete until the laboratories and hospitals report the results for people who were tested, which can take a few days to a week.
Every country does this after a couple of weeks , it’s something that caught my eye. I think it’s to lower the numbers to not create a mass panic.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch. Right in the feels. Lump me in with ‘thousands just like you’ without knowing anything about me or my political views beyond attacking a clearly incompetent government’s handling of this pandemic.

You, on the other hand, are clearly the type to latch on to a post that had nothing to do with you, beat your chest about how alt-woke you are (because that’s exactly what you are doing), then attack a figment of your own reductionist imagination.

You seem really insecure about the possibility of having a firm opinion on a subject (whatever that might be, if indeed there is one) and allowing others to do the same. Seems very ‘cancel culture’, which surprises me on an open forum like this.

So you think Johnson has handled this well?!!

So.. now I'm at a computer instead of my phone and I can get this done properly rather than shitposting.

First up, you're trying to present yourself as a centrist, a normal person. And you used the phrase 'Boris The Butcher'. That is the kind of language you only see from a certain class. It's like if someone uses the word cuck you know what you're dealing with, so you know that Boris The Butcher, the idea of our elected Prime Minister as some goon grinning maniacally at the deaths of thousands, looking for new and exciting ways to torture his poor slaves, when someone thinks that way you're not dealing with someone who is thinking clearly and rationally. That I've encountered this type so often in Bristol, and so infrequently elsewhere, and that these people are all basically cut-out clones of each other, makes it easy to paint a picture of you. Bristol is infested squatters/XR-cunts.

So, having established that it is almost impossible that you are any kind of centrist, that you are in fact almost certainly either on the far-left, or deranged by the mass media into being one of those people who thinks 2016 was the worst, apart from Boris being elected which is even worse, let's get to the business of whether or not Boris is competent to do the job.

First up, I think we must acknowledge that there is no magical solution where one can wave a wand and guarantee that nobody dies. Further, there is not necessarily full agreement even now, let alone back when this started, on what the best solution is. We'll look at some of that early response.

First up, you accuse the government of being callous with people's lives with the herd immunity thing, proving conclusively that you take your talking points from Twitter. At that time the spread wasn't too fast, it looked manageable. We had the prospect of waiting 18 months for a vaccine (and that's assuming it comes - that's not a certainty). The alternative is to manage the infection through the population so that the NHS can cope with the rate of infections and then you can get people who have had that exposure back into the economy to keep business working, people fed, rent paid, and allow Britain to come out the other side in a healthier shape than our competitors. There's value in that when our competitors include China and Russia - the West needs to come out of this strong or the world risks becoming more authoritarian through their influence, but I'll leave that to one side for now. The strategy here bypasses wishing for a vaccine miracle, and gives us a better preparation for the next pandemic, as our immune systems will be in pretty damn good shape for fighting the next one given the work-out it'll have with this one.

This strategy might have worked had the spread been manageable. It turned out it was not. It spread more quickly than expected. Now the spread is a tricky thing to predict from the off because it depends on many things but mainly on how many people each infected person meets and for how long, in how close proximity, etc. That is highly dependent on culture, demographics, density of population in different places, etc, so it's a hard calculation to get bang on. We tried, it didn't quite come off, so we're going to plan B which is to slow the spread down through lockdown. Even there, the government has resisted authoritarianism - I genuinely believe that Boris is not a fan of it. He doesn't want to be the PM that put the army on British streets, he wanted people to have the common sense to do the right thing. He could probably have been stricter but hindsight is always 20/20.

Yesterday Matt Hancock wrote off £13bn of NHS debt. Boris was elected on a promise of huge investment in the NHS, and since the crisis he and Rishi Sunek have given the NHS a blank cheque, though it's worth noting that no amount of money can make this manageable since there is still a finite number of individuals available with the right training, a finite amount of materials, a finite amount of production capacity. The underfunding of the NHS under previous Tory governments has definitely been a problem - but it seems to me that Boris doesn't want to work that way. Given very little of the current cabinet was behind the policy decisions that led to austerity (let's face it, that was Cameron and Osbourne's baby) and given the influx of new MPs from the North with a very different set of priorities, I'd say this is a new government and should be treated as such, while accepting that there are pockets of arseholery such as Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Having got through that, let's consider testing strategy. First up, testing as we go isn't necessarily useful. If we know someone's probably got it because they have the symptoms, the goals are to get them through the disease and prevent them from spreading it. The advice given has been to self-isolate, solving the latter problem, while for most people a few weeks in bed will solve the former. For the cases that require hospitalisation, they go to hospital. This strategy has the added bonus of not stretching an NHS that's going to need all the resources it can get (oh by the way we're rapidly building huge NHS Nightingale hospitals to help with that). So the testing here isn't useful. As for testing NHS staff: I go back to my earlier point. A test won't tell people anything they don't already know - the only time it's actually useful is if a staff member is self-isolating so we can figure out whether we can get them back onto the front line to help our country in crisis. With the number of asymptomatic carriers it's a given that, despite anyone's best efforts, doctors are going to come into contact with people with the disease, so managing staff in terms of getting them out if they have the infection but are asymptomatic doesn't necessarily do anyone any good, and potentially deprives the NHS of a useful person. Where I do have a criticism is the lack of PPE, but while there are a small number of good examples, most countries have struggled with this. The government should have done better though, and the media has for once been useful in holding the government to account on that.

Next let's consider the way they've chosen to support the economy, given your comment about millions being unable to pay their bills. The government launched support the likes of which we've never seen in this country, offering to pay the wages of employees to enable companies to keep their staff while they have no income. Other countries are not as generous. I work for a company that is having to furlough staff - our British staff aren't losing a penny as they are topping up the furlough but our staff elsewhere are losing out because similar schemes don't exist in their countries (and we can't transfer them to the British company to furlough under British law sadly). This isn't just generous though, it's smart, because those companies will be able to restart quickly once we're in a position to fire the economy up again. It's a vastly better solution than airdropping money into people's accounts as Trump plans to do because all that would do, with nowhere to spend the money, is push up the price of toilet paper. The whole way through this you can see the government not just looking at what's the best short-term play, but what's the best way to come out the other side with as many people as possible in the best possible shape biologically through immunity and economically (and the latter is important - people need to be able to pay the rent and feed their families).

I hope you give a considered response to this post, there is more that I wanted to say but it's too fucking long already and I suspect most people won't want to read something as long as this. TLDR the government is thinking ahead, there are no perfect solutions and it's easy to snipe from the sidelines when you're not under enormous pressure (honestly I'd not want to be Boris right now and I reckon probably Boris doesn't want to be Boris right now).

Last edited by a moderator:

womfalcs3

Banned
The global rate of infections cases is still on the rise. Data source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

GAMUlRV.jpg

Last edited:

Absolutely fantastic post, @hariseldon

I'm no fan of Boris, but I have to say the response of the Tories has been measured in contrast with some other countries. Yes, it has often seemed haphazard or on the fly and the wording of some speeches and soundbites could certainly have been better, but this is also very much the case in other Western nations. Thanks for adding your perspective and helping me put a couple of things I hadn't thought about into context.

People snapping at Boris and applying idiotic childish labels to him are not helping in this situation. The time for political alignments should be put firmly on hold for now. We need to get behind the government and be responsible citizens. That doesn't mean that criticism is not warranted, but an understanding that everyone is pissing in the dark right now, and the government has the best torch. Let them get on with it, follow their requests, and then let's come back to the table when this is all over and assess whether they did a good job or not.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The good thing is that every country will realize that it's a stupid idea to be reliant on other countries for necessary goods. They will have to build their own production lines locally again for stuff like medical equipment. China can go fuck themselves for taking over all the production (and now Vietnam because it's even cheaper).

GamingKaiju

So.. now I'm at a computer instead of my phone and I can get this done properly rather than shitposting.

First up, you're trying to present yourself as a centrist, a normal person. And you used the phrase 'Boris The Butcher'. That is the kind of language you only see from a certain class. It's like if someone uses the word cuck you know what you're dealing with, so you know that Boris The Butcher, the idea of our elected Prime Minister as some goon grinning maniacally at the deaths of thousands, looking for new and exciting ways to torture his poor slaves, when someone thinks that way you're not dealing with someone who is thinking clearly and rationally. That I've encountered this type so often in Bristol, and so infrequently elsewhere, and that these people are all basically cut-out clones of each other, makes it easy to paint a picture of you. Bristol is infested squatters/XR-cunts.

So, having established that it is almost impossible that you are any kind of centrist, that you are in fact almost certainly either on the far-left, or deranged by the mass media into being one of those people who thinks 2016 was the worst, apart from Boris being elected which is even worse, let's get to the business of whether or not Boris is competent to do the job.

First up, I think we must acknowledge that there is no magical solution where one can wave a wand and guarantee that nobody dies. Further, there is not necessarily full agreement even now, let alone back when this started, on what the best solution is. We'll look at some of that early response.

First up, you accuse the government of being callous with people's lives with the herd immunity thing, proving conclusively that you take your talking points from Twitter. At that time the spread wasn't too fast, it looked manageable. We had the prospect of waiting 18 months for a vaccine (and that's assuming it comes - that's not a certainty). The alternative is to manage the infection through the population so that the NHS can cope with the rate of infections and then you can get people who have had that exposure back into the economy to keep business working, people fed, rent paid, and allow Britain to come out the other side in a healthier shape than our competitors. There's value in that when our competitors include China and Russia - the West needs to come out of this strong or the world risks becoming more authoritarian through their influence, but I'll leave that to one side for now. The strategy here bypasses wishing for a vaccine miracle, and gives us a better preparation for the next pandemic, as our immune systems will be in pretty damn good shape for fighting the next one given the work-out it'll have with this one.

This strategy might have worked had the spread been manageable. It turned out it was not. It spread more quickly than expected. Now the spread is a tricky thing to predict from the off because it depends on many things but mainly on how many people each infected person meets and for how long, in how close proximity, etc. That is highly dependent on culture, demographics, density of population in different places, etc, so it's a hard calculation to get bang on. We tried, it didn't quite come off, so we're going to plan B which is to slow the spread down through lockdown. Even there, the government has resisted authoritarianism - I genuinely believe that Boris is not a fan of it. He doesn't want to be the PM that put the army on British streets, he wanted people to have the common sense to do the right thing. He could probably have been stricter but hindsight is always 20/20.

Yesterday Matt Hancock wrote off £13bn of NHS debt. Boris was elected on a promise of huge investment in the NHS, and since the crisis he and Rishi Sunek have given the NHS a blank cheque, though it's worth noting that no amount of money can make this manageable since there is still a finite number of individuals available with the right training, a finite amount of materials, a finite amount of production capacity. The underfunding of the NHS under previous Tory governments has definitely been a problem - but it seems to me that Boris doesn't want to work that way. Given very little of the current cabinet was behind the policy decisions that led to austerity (let's face it, that was Cameron and Osbourne's baby) and given the influx of new MPs from the North with a very different set of priorities, I'd say this is a new government and should be treated as such, while accepting that there are pockets of arseholery such as Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Having got through that, let's consider testing strategy. First up, testing as we go isn't necessarily useful. If we know someone's probably got it because they have the symptoms, the goals are to get them through the disease and prevent them from spreading it. The advice given has been to self-isolate, solving the latter problem, while for most people a few weeks in bed will solve the former. For the cases that require hospitalisation, they go to hospital. This strategy has the added bonus of not stretching an NHS that's going to need all the resources it can get (oh by the way we're rapidly building huge NHS Nightingale hospitals to help with that). So the testing here isn't useful. As for testing NHS staff: I go back to my earlier point. A test won't tell people anything they don't already know - the only time it's actually useful is if a staff member is self-isolating so we can figure out whether we can get them back onto the front line to help our country in crisis. With the number of asymptomatic carriers it's a given that, despite anyone's best efforts, doctors are going to come into contact with people with the disease, so managing staff in terms of getting them out if they have the infection but are asymptomatic doesn't necessarily do anyone any good, and potentially deprives the NHS of a useful person. Where I do have a criticism is the lack of PPE, but while there are a small number of good examples, most countries have struggled with this. The government should have done better though, and the media has for once been useful in holding the government to account on that.

Next let's consider the way they've chosen to support the economy, given your comment about millions being unable to pay their bills. The government launched support the likes of which we've never seen in this country, offering to pay the wages of employees to enable companies to keep their staff while they have no income. Other countries are not as generous. I work for a company that is having to furlough staff - our British staff aren't losing a penny as they are topping up the furlough but our staff elsewhere are losing out because similar schemes don't exist in their countries (and we can't transfer them to the British company to furlough under British law sadly). This isn't just generous though, it's smart, because those companies will be able to restart quickly once we're in a position to fire the economy up again. It's a vastly better solution than airdropping money into people's accounts as Trump plans to do because all that would do, with nowhere to spend the money, is push up the price of toilet paper. The whole way through this you can see the government not just looking at what's the best short-term play, but what's the best way to come out the other side with as many people as possible in the best possible shape biologically through immunity and economically (and the latter is important - people need to be able to pay the rent and feed their families).

I hope you give a considered response to this post, there is more that I wanted to say but it's too fucking long already and I suspect most people won't want to read something as long as this. TLDR the government is thinking ahead, there are no perfect solutions and it's easy to snipe from the sidelines when you're not under enormous pressure (honestly I'd not want to be Boris right now and I reckon probably Boris doesn't want to be Boris right now).

Fantastic post @hariseldon spot on!

The governments plan in the beginning was very questionable (herd immunity) but I have to say the response on economics is unprecedented, the lack of PPE is as you said is a problem that most Countries are having trouble with but when you’ve got every Country on the planet wanting millions of PPE at the same time it does cause a shortage and stress the supply chain.
I disliked Boris for the longest time but have warmed to him and voted for Conservatives for the first time in December and if he stands again in ‘23 I will vote for him again because the response to Covid has been fantastic in various ways.

NHS Nightingale is a amazing name and the government writing of 13.4 billion£ is just what the NHS needed.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic post @hariseldon spot on!

The governments plan in the beginning was very questionable (herd immunity) but I have to say the response on economics is unprecedented, the lack of PPE is as you said is a problem that most Countries are having trouble with but when you’ve got every Country on the planet wanting millions of PPE at the same time it does cause a shortage and stress the supply chain.
I disliked Boris for the longest time but have warmed to him and voted for Conservatives for the first time in December and if he stands again in ‘23 I will vote for him again because the response to Covid has been fantastic in various ways.

NHS Nightingale is a amazing name and the government writing of 13.4 billion£ is just what the NHS needed.

Thing is - herd immunity may still be the way out of this in the longer term. Lockdown controls the spread, and that's great, but we still have to get to a point where either the virus is gone permanently or we're all immune to it. The former is unlikely to happen due to its infectious characteristics given it's unlikely we'll get every government in the world to do what's needed to remove it, so immunity is the only option available - without which we'll see wave after wave after wave blowing the economy apart and buggering up the NHS. With that immunity we have two options: Wait for a vaccine that might not come, and if it does will take a bloody long time, or take action that we can be reasonably assured will give us immunity far more rapidly. By doing something like taking small non-vulnerable groups and exposing them to the virus in controlled ways one can slowly build up a number of immune people (and if we can get the antibody tests sorted we can find those already there) and we can get them firing the economy back up again, slowly trickling out the immune into the system until we have enough herd immunity that the virus won't cause us any more problems.

EDIT: The whole herd immunity thing was quite interesting in that people of a certain stripe heard that and immediately thought eugenics - how dare anyone call people a herd - without any understanding of epidemiology, that the term is used when discussing immunisation strategies, and those same people mock the anti-vaxxers who reject ideas of herd immunity for a whole different set of reasons. People are weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at this spin. It's spin, not science. Underlined is mine, taken from the Guardian's live feed. There's no fall. It's a catastrophe and the govs are taking full advantage of our human rights.

"Spain’s coronavirus death toll rose to a total of 10,935 from 10,003 on the previous day, the Health Ministry said on Friday, but showed the first fall in a daily death toll since March 26.

A total of 932 people died from the disease in 24 hours, down from 950 people in the previous daily toll, the figures showed."

I'm with Alex Jones on this one lads, I'm out. The world government want zero deaths before they allow us proles to resume our selfish existence. The UK and Sweden have it right: some people are going to die, most are not. The argument that this reasoning is bad because I myself haven't been directly affected yet is wrong. I am just as likely to get this as any one else. This is a false flag - people do die in false flags. They've found the perfect weapon that can't be traced. Blinded by facts and figures and science. Fuck it all.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
We are still ~1-2 weeks away from the point where, on a global scale, daily case numbers will no longer increase. We have to be patient a little longer, but the point will come. I think the week after Easter will show where the journey is headed. And it will be positive.
By that point the numbers will be limited by the amount of testing that is possible, not because they are slowing down massively. You are kidding yourself if you think that the trend will be positive after Easter - the whole idea of flattening the curve is to prolong the infections over a much larger period of time to not overwhelm hospitals. The peak in the US won't be reached until end of May/June.

GamingKaiju

Thing is - herd immunity may still be the way out of this in the longer term. Lockdown controls the spread, and that's great, but we still have to get to a point where either the virus is gone permanently or we're all immune to it. The former is unlikely to happen due to its infectious characteristics given it's unlikely we'll get every government in the world to do what's needed to remove it, so immunity is the only option available - without which we'll see wave after wave after wave blowing the economy apart and buggering up the NHS. With that immunity we have two options: Wait for a vaccine that might not come, and if it does will take a bloody long time, or take action that we can be reasonably assured will give us immunity far more rapidly. By doing something like taking small non-vulnerable groups and exposing them to the virus in controlled ways one can slowly build up a number of immune people (and if we can get the antibody tests sorted we can find those already there) and we can get them firing the economy back up again, slowly trickling out the immune into the system until we have enough herd immunity that the virus won't cause us any more problems.

Sorry I should of gone into more detail regarding herd immunity. Whilst yes immunity to Covid is probably the best form of defence and in ending this outbreak, it was the number of deaths that it would have taken to get to that point, 500k iirc!? 🤷‍♂️ That would have probably put me in the death statistics as well 😧 immunity + vaccine for those who Covid would be fatal is the ultimate plan out of this I think.

The non-pharmaceutical intervention is as you said is about buying time so our health care system isn’t driven into the ground, hopefully we’ll have a some kind of treatment in 6-12 months for Covid that would lessen the death rate and not require hospitals and ventilator’s then further along the line a vaccine if possible.

Another possible way out of this would be if the virus mutates enough to become asymptotic which inoculates the populous but that’s living on a wing and a prayer at this point.

crowbrow

Banned
Look at this spin. It's spin, not science. Underlined is mine, taken from the Guardian's live feed. There's no fall. It's a catastrophe and the govs are taking full advantage of our human rights.

"Spain’s coronavirus death toll rose to a total of 10,935 from 10,003 on the previous day, the Health Ministry said on Friday, but showed the first fall in a daily death toll since March 26.

A total of 932 people died from the disease in 24 hours, down from 950 people in the previous daily toll, the figures showed."

I'm with Alex Jones on this one lads, I'm out. The world government want zero deaths before they allow us proles to resume our selfish existence. The UK and Sweden have it right: some people are going to die, most are not. The argument that this reasoning is bad because I myself haven't been directly affected yet is wrong. I am just as likely to get this as any one else. This is a false flag - people do die in false flags. They've found the perfect weapon that can't be traced. Blinded by facts and figures and science. Fuck it all.
It's not like our everyday life is so "free" anyways. We mostly just roam in bigger cages normally.

48082_498029576923914_335644979_n.jpg

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry I should of gone into more detail regarding herd immunity. Whilst yes immunity to Covid is probably the best form of defence and in ending this outbreak, it was the number of deaths that it would have taken to get to that point, 500k iirc!? 🤷‍♂️ That would have probably put me in the death statistics as well 😧 immunity + vaccine for those who Covid would be fatal is the ultimate plan out of this I think.

The non-pharmaceutical intervention is as you said is about buying time so our health care system isn’t driven into the ground, hopefully we’ll have a some kind of treatment in 6-12 months for Covid that would lessen the death rate and not require hospitals and ventilator’s then further along the line a vaccine if possible.

Another possible way out of this would be if the virus mutates enough to become asymptotic which inoculates the populous but that’s living on a wing and a prayer at this point.

I think it can be done without that number of deaths, if managed as I described above. Get all the least vulnerable people slowly infected and treated (this will be easier once we have a better handle on what works such as Hydroxychoroquine or other approaches) - if we keep the number of infected down we can make damn sure the ventilators are there if needed, that we have enough meds, that doctors have the PPE required etc.

You're right about mutation btw - and it is a trend that viruses mutate to improve their own viability. Killing the host does nothing good for a virus' ability to spread and multiply, so evolution tends towards lower lethality over time.

crowbrow

Banned
Since when you are forced to do any of it?
It's not directly forced of course, you could also do the same in China under the dictatorship or not so the "freedom" you experience there is in a way similar. But life brings people to a point where alternatives are difficult or discouraged so the vast majority will just fall in line. You're never really truly free in a society because you have to fall in line one way or the other to make society work so true freedom is a sort of illusion.

sinnergy

The low numbers are only because of interventions.

What are millions dead worth really , as long as you are not one of them right? Come on man, if you let this go this virus has a higher death outcome than the Spanish Flu! Is that worth all the money?

Money is the curse ... that’s the real infection, people with 3 cars, houses to big for them to pay, all status ..

Money is only made if there are enough people working and spending. The world is people ...

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned

Since the virus can go unnoticed for almost two weeks, by the time people found the first infected person that means that person had two weeks of infecting others. Also there could have been mild cases before that person got infected that never went to a doctor or cases that were misdiagnosed because it was a new virus, so patient 0 could actually have been anywhere in the world and infecting people for a long time before people started to notice what was really going on.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Be pennyless, homeless and starving. I am free.

Indeed - since getting my finances in reasonable shape, buying a house and marrying a good woman my life has become better than it ever was. I call that freedom. Freedom to enjoy my life as I see fit, so long as my freedoms don't impinge upon those of other people.

Mihos

Gold Member
It's not directly forced of course, you could also do the same in China under the dictatorship or not so the "freedom" you experience there is in a way similar. But life brings people to a point where alternatives are difficult or discouraged so the vast majority will just fall in line. You're never really truly free in a society because you have to fall in line one way or the other to make society work so true freedom is a sort of illusion.

I am not compelled to do any of that stuff. If they want to incentivise certain behavior, I will consider it if the mood strikes me. I will also call the president Winnie the Poo, play Mortal Kombat at 2 am, watch big bang theory on tv, read Green Eggs and Ham to my kids, have poker night with my buddies, buy my wife Jasmine flowers on her birthday, use Google and Wikipedia to read about time travel and post it on facebook and twitter..... All of which are banned in China.

ManaByte

Gold Member

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yet another story to be memory-holed so that the viewers don't feel bad about their choice in media outlet.

Same thing happened to all the stories about "public health experts" and politicians who chided Trump for closing travel to Iran and China early.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yet another story to be memory-holed so that the viewers don't feel bad about their choice in media outlet.

Same thing happened to all the stories about "public health experts" and politicians who chided Trump for closing travel to Iran and China early.

The fish tank cleaner story is interesting too:

Nevertheless, Wanda drew national attention by claiming that Trump had suggested she consume the fish-tank cleaner with her husband, and that she did so to avoid "getting sick."

"My advice is don’t believe anything that the president says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about," Wanda told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard.

Federal Election Commission (FEC) records reviewed by The Washington Free Beacon revealed numerous other recipients of Wanda's cash, including Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the pro-choice EMILY's List.

Additionally, Fox News has reviewed a Facebook page apparently belonging to Wanda, which was first identified by the Twitter user Techno Fog.

"Your psycho prez is in [t]own, are you going to see him?" Wanda wrote on Facebook on Feb. 19, by way of wishing a friend a happy birthday. Trump was in town at a rally in Phoenix, Ariz., on that day.

crowbrow

Banned
I am not compelled to do any of that stuff. If they want to incentivise certain behavior, I will consider it if the mood strikes me. I will also call the president Winnie the Poo, play Mortal Kombat at 2 am, watch big bang theory on tv, read Green Eggs and Ham to my kids, have poker night with my buddies, buy my wife Jasmine flowers on her birthday, use Google and Wikipedia to read about time travel and post it on facebook and twitter..... All of which are banned in China.
You can't buy flowers in China or play poker with friends? I hardly doubt it. Also you can watch The Big Bang Theory now.

But anyways, I agree China has more restrictions than other countries. Countries like China consider the influence and support of hostile foreign governments damaging. That's the same reason why I can't buy Venezuelan rum on the american Amazon but I can on the German one.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The US is starting to look more and more like a third world country.

Hospitals Tell Doctors They’ll Be Fired If They Speak Out About Lack of Gear

This is only scary to people who don't have experience in customer service. There are plenty of petty things you can be fired for if you are misrepresenting the brand or sowing fear and disinformation to customers. The alternative would be instilling a hesitancy in the public from visiting the hospital at all i.e. "well if the hospital is gonna give me coronavirus anyway *cough* I might as well *wheeze* not bother visiting".

It's pretty awful, but at the same time people are eager to nab their 15m of fame and get on TV.

And this is assuming the "whistleblower" has noble intentions in the first place, to say nothing of people who do it to spread misinformation.

You can't buy flowers in China or play poker with friends? I hardly doubt it. Also you can watch The Big Bang Theory now.

But anyways, I agree China has more restrictions than other countries. Countries like China consider the influence and support of hostile foreign governments damaging. That's the same reason why I can't buy Venezuelan rum on the american Amazon but I can on the German one.
lol no that's because US Amazon doesn't sell alcohol for the most part, outside of some wines.

Disingenuous nonsense as usual. Go ahead and chalk my callout as "obsession" though, you dropout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom