• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could a young Matthew Perry have played Spider-Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the "quotation" thread posted this gif
tumblr_m590rf3XkI1r79xuto1_500.gif
and it made me remember something I thought about years ago.

Would Matthew Perry in his prime have made a good Peter Parker/Spider-Man? I think he could've been a pretty decent Peter Parker since he looked a bit like him when he wasn't all weird looking from the drugs. And he certainly have the comedic timing to be Spider-Man. I think this mainly comes from me starting to seriously read Spider-Man comics around the time JMS started to write them and simultaneously starting to watch Friends. But I'm really not sure, just something I know was on my mind a few years back and came back to me with that gif.

Thoughts?

aparisi2274

"COULD I Beeee a better Spider-man?" - Chandler Bing

And no, I do not think he would have been a good choice to play Peter Parker.

Eidan

I remember him giving an interview once saying he didn't like lifting weights. A man like that shouldn't play Spidey.

IHaveIce

Banned
I remember him giving an interview once saying he didn't like lifting weights. A man like that shouldn't play Spidey.

so he doesn't even lift? pf

No not really but I don't know any actor who would fit perfectly as Peter, bodywise and behaviour-wise

Isak_Borg

Yeah, nope , not seeing it.

Next thing you know people are going to be saying Wil Wheaton would make a great spider-man.

There's only one actor that embodies the spirit of Spider-man and that's Nicholas Hammond. Would be great if they adopted the Spider-Man Reign arc as a movie since he's old enough to play the Old Peter Parker.

460px-Nicholas_Hammond_Amazing_Spider-Man_1977.JPG

Alphahawk

Before Friends Matthew Perry was attached to a sitcom where he would of played a futuristic bellhop.

This has nothing to do with the topic of him playing Spiderman but man, think of a world where that would of went through..

Kayo-kun

Edward Norton would have been a great Peter Parker imo. It's sad that he was used in the Hulk series that went nowhere.

I remember the late '90s on the internet, and everyone immediately bringing up Nicholas Brendon as Spider-Man whenever people talked about whether a Spider-Man movie would ever get made. It happened EVERY time.

I always thought Nick Brendon was basically the high-school version of Matthew Perry.

So yeah - large chunks of people would have been okay with young Matthew Perry being Spider-Man. At least they were in the '90s.

Years ago when rumors about Spider-Man 3 and who the villans would be was at a peak I jokingly made a thread on another forum and said that Frankie Muniz should play Rhino. People did not see the same brilliance in the casting as I did.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Friends is one of the worst ultra popular network shows of all time and he would make a terrile Spiderman. Regardless of the context, I'd rather watch a bag of poop on fire than ever have to look at his face or hear his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom