• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Black Panther surpass Terminator 2?

I didn't care for BP much when I saw it the first time.

The 2nd time I watched it was when I was doing the full MCU marathon, and I liked it a lot better the 2nd time, knowing how it all 'fit' into the MCU I guess. I don't think it's top 10 or anything, but it's fine, and enjoyable.

Yoboman

I'd love a directors cut where they fix the shitty CG. Change out that whole scene for real actors

Especially as we will now never get a sequel

sol_bad

As big as an MCU fanatic I am, the film has issues in it's final act for me. As mentioned the final fight CGI is terrible and takes you out of the moment. It's one of those instances where I wished they "remastered" it for blu ray and 4k.

If this thread was about Winter Soldier or Infinity War, you may have a point op.
:)

bender

What time is it?
Terminator 2 - 9.1
Black Panther - 6 3

Number of Ed Furlongs (lower is better):

Terminator 2 - 1
Black Panther - 0

PAY-Edward-Furlong.jpg

poodaddy

Terminator 2 - 1
Black Panther - 0

PAY-Edward-Furlong.jpg
Goddamn that man let him self go. What's even weirder is that him turning out to look like this isn't hard to believe at all. Go back and look at him in T2. He's just one of those kids where you look at him and go ".....yup, yeah being cast in this film is the best thing you could have ever hoped for, and this will absolutely be your zenith. All down hill from here bud."

I could not finish Black Panther. I tried to watch it twice and just dropped it half an hour into the movie. But I’ve watched Terminator 2 multiple times.

mcjmetroid

If you think Black Panther is even half the film that Terminator 2 is you need to stop taking hard drugs.

Black Panther is extremely overrated critically and we all know why.

It's a good movie, not a great one it probably wasn't even the best marvel film released that year.

Terminator 2 is one of the greatest Sci Fi action movies of all time.

Boss Mog

Black Panther nah, Infinity War is by far the best MCU film and even then, while I think it's the best action/sci-fi mvoie in quite some time, it still can't compete with T2.

Goddamn that man let him self go. What's even weirder is that him turning out to look like this isn't hard to believe at all. Go back and look at him in T2. He's just one of those kids where you look at him and go ".....yup, yeah being cast in this film is the best thing you could have ever hoped for, and this will absolutely be your zenith. All down hill from here bud."
A man clearly born from a generation without skinny Jeans. A patriot one might say. He looks like he’s on steroids to put on muscle to ‘hide the fat‘ that a hard partying life put on him from those T2 residuals.

T8SC

Bump this thread in 29 years and lets see how we all feel about Black Panther, and make a new "Versus" thread then.

nkarafo

in respect to Chadwick

have you guys changed your opinions on this question now?
Um, why?

Did his death retroactively made the movie better somehow?

Or must we lie to not "disrespect" him or something?

I don't get this.

Bump this thread in 29 years and lets see how we all feel about Black Panther, and make a new "Versus" thread then.
It will be just as bad then.

You think nostalgia will change anything? T2 was great the day it was released, that's why we feel nostalgic about it. Because it was good in the first place. We don't feel nostalgia for things that were bad.

Black Panther will probably be forgotten in 29 years.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Terminator 2 - 1
Black Panther - 0

PAY-Edward-Furlong.jpg
ya know... this is probably a bad idea. but its be interesting to put him in a new terminator movie where he winds up never becoming a war hero, and instead is this fat lazy pieceof shit that arnold has to come back and whip into shape, and like..... yeah nevermind that sounds dumb as shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

T8SC

It will be just as bad then.

You think nostalgia will change anything? T2 was great the day it was released, that's why we feel nostalgic about it. Because it was good in the first place. We don't feel nostalgia for things that were bad.

Black Panther will probably be forgotten in 29 years.

That was my point. :messenger_unamused:

Raven117

Just googled him. Seems to have been a working actor ever since. (Not big stuff, but got some gigs)/

Valonquar

Is this is like the Gaming threads where someone keeps posting disproportionate match-ups? BP can't hold a match to T2's flames son.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Just googled him. Seems to have been a working actor ever since. (Not big stuff, but got some gigs)/
Did he play the DM of a Dungeons and Dragons game or something? Perhaps the reigning champion of an ultracompetitive local annual doritos eating competition? I got it, I bet he played the owner of strip club that specialized in "plus size" dancers, huh? I feel like the ultimate role for him would be that of a drifter who's torn between the two loves that are vying for his heart: the local underground bowling scene and town's trusty old VHS and Laser Disc enthusiasts club.

PanzerAzel

Don’t understand the praise for Black Panther.

It was a decent film, but I didn’t see it as any more noteworthy than any other super-hero film out there. It always felt to me like it was given extra points simply on the merit of race, and now that Chadwick has unfortunately passed on under very tragic circumstances, it’s being even further held to high esteem due to that as well.

It’s not even his best work, imo.

Top Bottom