• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive rumours. CS:GO :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoseDeafMutes said:
What do you mean by "dumbing down" crosshair aiming? CS was one of the earliest examples of a game that forced you to stop and aim if you wanted accuracy at a distance. Iron sighting in games is very much in the spirit of CS, even though CS doesn't actually have it. There are degrees of inaccuracy when firing from the hip in games, some games have it so you can't hit shit and other games have it still reasonably accurate.
How was it dumb down when it was like that since 1.6? What I meant is making hip firing even more inaccurate for the inclusion of Iron sights making it useless like 90% of the games with Iron sights.

It's more of controlled shooting to me and positioning. What I mean is picking somebody off from yards away with precision shooting from the crosshair. With great skill you could easily do that while strafing with controlled bursts.

Best way to balance it is to not give it any advantages at all. Just a cosmetic change blocking 30% of your screen.

Keasar said:
Oh for the love of...
Valve! Stop making random sequels and new IPs and get working on Half-Life 3!
Valve-Gabe-NewellBLOG--article_image.jpg

No.

The only way to make iron sights worth using in a CS game would be to seriously nerf crosshair aiming, thus ruining CS. If they tried it without nerfing crosshair aiming then it would be useless to aim down the sights because you would always get killed by guys like me headshotting you without even trying while you stand still waiting for the iron sights to come up.

I'm all for iron sights as long as they dont mess with the crosshair aiming. I'm for anything that = me headshotting you more often.

Steaks

Awesome! Such fond memories of the original and source. Even if CS isn't the best designed series I hope they take the good mechanics and do away with the bad. CS manages to always be fun...

rezuth

kensk said:
Awesome! Such fond memories of the original and source. Even if CS isn't the best designed series I hope they take the good mechanics and do away with the bad. CS manages to always be fun...
Come on. Mention one that is better.

TheVampire said:
I for one think 5v5 is too small.....

CS matches were always 5v5 competitive.

I remember working the 3 - 2 split at Dust going A and catwalk to push for a bomb plant... all sorts of plans.. etc etc.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Flashbacks are coming back to me. Counterstrike will be my new drug.

Mileena

Banned
phosphor112 said:
CS matches were always 5v5 competitive.

I remember working the 3 - 2 split at Dust going A and catwalk to push for a bomb plant... all sorts of plans.. etc etc.
rush B is always the best strat

The M.O.B

I wish they would throw in official support for some of the mods, deathmatch, gun game, zombie, etc.

It's nice to mess around in them after hours of intense competitive matches.

corkscrewblow said:
rush B is always the best strat

B is always a pain to push, and easy to hold. That's my experience at least. At A, I manage to push catwalk very easily, so I was almost always assigned there and not Long.

Mileena

Banned
phosphor112 said:
B is always a pain to push, and easy to hold. That's my experience at least. At A, I manage to push catwalk very easily, so I was almost always assigned there and not Long.
I was being sarcastic, but it's not that hard to take B with bouncing flashes off the top of the tunnels in a hard rush.

Oh and if they use the TF2 style I'd be so raged. Please keep that shit in TF2 and out of my CS.

V_Arnold said:
I would most likely kill myself if a CS had a TF artstyle. But would definitely throw up first. Repeatedly.
Care to give reasons why?

Killing yourself is over the top. Somebody would just mod it out. I don't care either way since there is a chance that people would try to mod TF2 like style into the game either way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
pillarofdawn said:
I'm calling BS! We deserve ep3 before this >.>
^^^bitter

I still believe the next CS will release alongside/with HL3 (it's no longer Episode Three at this point, but that's neither here nor there), as CS:S did with HL2 before it.

V_Arnold

Crakatak187 said:
Care to give reasons why?

Killing yourself is over the top. Somebody would just mod it out. I don't care either way since there is a chance that people would try to mod TF2 like style into the game either way.

Well, of course I was exaggerating. But I bought TF2, so it is not like I hate it, but diversity is pretty important when it comes to Valve franchises, imho. CS has its own feel, the classic models might be outdated by now, but the "realistic" style is what has been the face of the game for 10+ years now. If we would want TF artstyle for CS, then why not TF artstyle for Half-Life 3 itself? Right?

If someone really wants that, mod that style in if they REALLY are ambitious, but I would not like the looks of TF in a much more serious game like CS.

JaseC said:
I still believe the next CS will release alongside/with HL3 (it's no longer Episode Three at this point, but that's neither here nor there), as CS:S did with HL2 before it.

To be realistic, that would be like trying to go against your own product. If Valve can space out releases in a much more healthy way, imho they should go for it. Especially nowadays, when E-sports are alive and kicking more then ever, the sooner they inject this into MLG's, the better.

I see your point.

I do believe somebody or a group will at least try to mod weapon skins and map wads to make it look cartoonish in a way. They did it for 1.6.

I just hope it has high resolution textures. The ones in source looks like shit.

derFeef

Crakatak187 said:
I see your point.

I do believe somebody or a group will at least try to mod weapon skins and map wads to make it look cartoonish in a way. They did it for 1.6.

I just hope it has high resolution textures. The ones in source looks like shit.
Because the game is old? And keep the TF2 style in TF2, it is distinct and very stylish.

Crakatak187 said:
I see your point.

You're shitting yourself if you think there's a legimate market for this.

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
I would most likely kill myself if a CS had a TF artstyle. But would definitely throw up first. Repeatedly.

Oh dear god please no. Don't do it Valve. That would probably kill my interest completely.
Also what's up with the name? CS:GO? Sounds like something you would have on facebook (like someone mentioned)

Max

I am not Max
MrKnives said:
Also what's up with the name? CS:GO? Sounds like something you would have on facebook (like someone mentioned)
Yep, it sounds like something they'd push as the word "Go" intentionally used to express accessibility. I mean, "Global Offensive"? Such an awkward subtitle.

F2P, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom