• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 at X10

Gazunta

ohhhhhhh sweet JESUS I need to lay down for a couple of minutes

Between this and Dudebro II 2010 is the best year ever for games EVER and that's a FACT Jack

DaveKap said:
I'm a little saddened by these developments. It seems the central building is now halved in size, so there's less of a vertical feeling in the game...

It's been hinted that the Agency Tower isn't the tallest building anymore. And we haven't seen the underground sections yet.

dyergram

Yes please. Also I want to be able to stand on the helicpter blades while my friend fly s and chuck dudes into the blades also release date got dammit.

VALIS

I'd post a photo of my boner right now if it wouldn't get me banned.

DaveKap said:
I'm a little saddened by these developments. It seems the central building is now halved in size, so there's less of a vertical feeling in the game.

I think I read somewhere the central building is 10 times as tall. Can anyone else confirm that? Or maybe it was the tallest building in the game overall is 10x the Agency Tower.

Sill4

I want to know how many people that Choppa will hold!

I want to be able to transport my team and drop them into combat like ODST's.

Ding

I'm wondering how collectible agility orbs, and helicopters, can possibly co-exist. I love the idea of zipping around in an upgradeable chopper, but it seems like it would hopelessly trivialize orb collection.

But helicopters in an urban environment sound like big fun, so I hope they can make it work.

I want an Agency boat, too!

And a jetpack.

And a wing-suit.

4-player co-op. Dang. My Borderlands posse is gonna be all kinds of over this.

PS. No, this game isn't cel-shaded. Neither was the first one. It does (they do) have a inked-outline sort of effect going on, and hand-drawn texturing. Kind of of a graphic-novel look, I guess.

Sill4

Ding said:
I'm wondering how collectible agility orbs, and helicopters, can possibly co-exist. I love the idea of zipping around in an upgradeable chopper, but it seems like it would hopelessly trivialize orb collection.

But helicopters in an urban environment sound like big fun, so I hope they can make it work.

I want an Agency boat, too!

And a jetpack.

And a wing-suit.

4-player co-op. Dang. My Borderlands posse is gonna be all kinds of over this.

PS. No, this game isn't cel-shaded. Neither was the first one. It does (they do) have a inked-outline sort of effect going on, and hand-drawn texturing. Kind of of a graphic-novel look, I guess.
I think there really is a wing suit.

atomicgamer

Neo Member
I know that we have all this fantastic Xbox Live stuff, but the one thing I really missed in the first Crackdown was split-screen action. I really hope the sequel fixes that - even if it means limiting players to be in the same area to stop the 360 from exploding under the pressure, that'd still be great fun.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Can't wait...looks fucking awesome.

Dipswitch

Looking good. The only thing keeping me from going insane waiting for this game is having the orb collection sound as my text message indicator on my cell phone. Allows me to get my daily orb fix :D

Salazar

AshMcCool said:
Huh? Does this really look impressive?

If it were another game, I would probably still be impressed. Because it's such a mad, leaping, irrepressibly stupendous game as Crackdown, I'm a little bit starstruck.

esc said:
There's really not much of a story. You're working for a government agency in a city overrun by three crime factions and it's your job to destroy them. There's a minor twist at the end, but if you want to play the second you can just read up on the first. Honestly you won't be missing much story wise.

But the first one goes for $10-20 and it's relatively short (and a whole lot of awesome) so you might as well pick it up.

Thanks esc, wikipedia here I come!

Messi

I really can't wait to get into this game. I have atleast 2 other friends who will want to co-op just for fun.

hype hype hype

Weenerz

Banned
Game looks incredible, bring it out before the end of the year plx! They already announced pre-order bonuses, is the game further along than they lead on when they announced it recently?

I will never understand GAF's raging boner for Crackdown. Honestly I get that its all about the gameplay and what you can do, but my god those screens are straight up horrible looking.

Dipswitch said:
Looking good. The only thing keeping me from going insane waiting for this game is having the orb collection sound as my text message indicator on my cell phone. Allows me to get my daily orb fix :D
I use the same sound!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
SecretBonusPoint said:
I will never understand GAF's raging boner for Crackdown. Honestly I get that its all about the gameplay and what you can do, but my god those screens are straight up horrible looking.
Yeah, after scrolling through post after post praising these screens, I'm thinking some of you are blind.
These look pretty bad.

Unless I'm missing something, it should have stayed celshaded.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
CD2_3D_Front_01-noscale.jpg

Orange and blue :lol

ZZ570FFE0F.jpg

Sill4

SecretBonusPoint said:
0020917001241860563.jpg

SecretBonusPoint said:

Or, you could say, they're awesome looking.

Not every game needs to look 'omg realistic and cinematic'.

Variety is the spice of life my friend. It's OK to have games that look different to each other. It makes our world great.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SecretBonusPoint said:
Maybe your monitor is really reflective.

Striker

SecretBonusPoint said:
:lol

eek5

Crackdown is probably the most fun I've had coop this generation. Can't wait for Crackdown 2! The screens look great. :D

jett

D-Member
SecretBonusPoint said:

Well someone had to say it. Amazing? Incredible? Wat?

Top Bottom