• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 at X10

2mri429.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0001.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0002.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0003.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0004.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0005.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0006.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0007.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0008.jpg

image_crackdown_2-12231-1857_0009.jpg

Screens can't do this game justice. They certainly didn't with the first - but in motion with the (literally) unlimited and razor-sharp draw distance, coupled with a great framerate and the freedom to go wherever you wanted, was... incredible.

having not played much of the first one...is it still worth trying out the second when it's released? or should I just play the first one.

DaveKap

Banned
I'm a little saddened by these developments. It seems the central building is now halved in size, so there's less of a vertical feeling in the game... I also don't particularly like the direction of the upgraded suit look. Reminds me too much of Halo.

Doesn't really matter, still buying the game anyway.. just kinda not enjoying the direction of certain aspects. I hope we can get a new video of some not-yet-seen features!

DogWelder

diztrukted said:
having not played much of the first one...is it still worth trying out the second when it's released? or should I just play the first one.
There's really not much of a story. You're working for a government agency in a city overrun by three crime factions and it's your job to destroy them. There's a minor twist at the end, but if you want to play the second you can just read up on the first. Honestly you won't be missing much story wise.

But the first one goes for $10-20 and it's relatively short (and a whole lot of awesome) so you might as well pick it up.

Ikkarus

Those screen look really impressive.
The inclusion of a helicopter is great, more of that please!

My interest in Crackdown 2 has just been cranked up a notch. BAM!

DaveKap said:
I'm a little saddened by these developments. It seems the central building is now halved in size, so there's less of a vertical feeling in the game...

Maybe it just looks shorter because the rest of the city has gotten taller?

Kujo

Why did it have to be in the same city, I already explored the shit out of it in 1. Really hope Crackdown 3 (if there is one) is a completely new area.

ShogunX

Ok ok so what happens when I connect the helicopter to all sorts of shit with the new Elastic energy beam?

So I want to connect me in a car to the bottom of the helicopter with my friend flying.

Possibilities with the energy beam if it works well are amazing.

Arnie

Microsoft really knows how to make a good box art. First the Alan Wake Hardback limited edition, then the orgasmic Reach one and now this beauty. Stunning.

Top Bottom