• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 at X10

Seeing screens from Crackdown 2 makes me want to go back and play the first one. I was one of the people who bought Crackdown basically to get into the Halo 3 beta, but actually enjoyed Crackdown a lot. Co-Op was wicked fun. It's definitely my favorite sandbox game of all time. Yes, more than the GTA games.

Flavius

eek5 said:
Crackdown is probably the most fun I've had coop this generation. Can't wait for Crackdown 2! The screens look great. :D

Still the best game on 360, though that's getting tougher and tougher to say, what with all the great releases since.

You know what I don't get?

People who do not have a fucking great time with Crackdown.

Actually, I do get it...I just feel sorry for them. ;)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
screenshots need more orbs.

Edit: I was half joking but I see I've been beaten many times :lol :lol

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/crackdown-2-preview/

Crackdown 2 will also feature “renegade orbs” that don’t just sit still — they move around the city, and you’ve got to chase them, Noonan said.

You’ll also be able to take to the skies more effectively — later in the game, you’ll get a gliding ability that lets you soar through the levels, though not indefinitely. And there’s an Agency helicopter that you’ll earn towards the very end of the game, making the entire city your oyster.

The mission structure of the first game, in which you were largely tracking down crime bosses and then assassinating them in their secret lairs, is getting tweaked for the sequel. Now, there’s a wider variety of missions. You might have to recover parts of a super weapon that the Agency is building to destroy the Freak invasion, you might have to go into the Freak Lairs underground and wipe them out, etc.

Renegade orbs sound fun.

VALIS

GDJustin said:
screenshots need more orbs.

Everything needs more orbs. I'd have never been late to work or school a single day in my life if my paths there were lined with orbs at varying heights.

dolemite

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I'm so gonna fuck my wife tonight
oubpc7.jpg

mujun

SecretBonusPoint said:
I will never understand GAF's raging boner for Crackdown. Honestly I get that its all about the gameplay and what you can do, but my god those screens are straight up horrible looking.

Totally dude, I don't know why review sites even bother marking games based on anything except their graphics.

Uncharted 2, best game ever!

ElNino

SecretBonusPoint said:
I will never understand GAF's raging boner for Crackdown. Honestly I get that its all about the gameplay and what you can do, but my god those screens are straight up horrible looking.
These screens are too close to the action to really show off where Crackdown's visuals excel (and it will still always look better in motion). Getting to the top of a tall tower and looking out and still being able to see every car, civilian, criminal (and of course orbs) from miles away was awesome.

Add to that the smooth gameplay, great explosions and sound effects and it came together as a terrific package... just one that doesn't translate well to screen shots.

Anyone criticizing Crackdown based on screen shot visuals obviously didn't play the game, otherwise they would get it.

Flavius

mujun said:
Any ramps?

Oooooh, good question!

Are ramp trucks making a comeback?

Loved spawning them and climbing towards the ceiling in the Keys to the City mode in the first game.

Ramp Truck vs. Helicopter?

Having 4 people ride on the helicopter sounds awesome but damn it also sounds like a death trap. Agents may be able to fall off 500 foot buildings but explosion while in vehicle = death. Homing rockets gonna light up the sky.

desertdroog

This thread made me get Crackdown off the shelf and play it for about 3 hours this evening.

Pre-order for Crackdown 2 has been made.

TheOddOne

SecretBonusPoint said:
The high standards of SecretBonusPoint.

Hey to him a twitter msg is PR, so i do not get his hate.

Aske

·feist· said:
Why did I have to go and read this post? Now the game is bound to be a slight disappointment.

You can jump off buildings and punch helicopters in the face in Prototype. Rent it and get it out of your system, because Crackdown 2 will be the better game. Have your cake and eat it!

Everything I've read lately is really convincing me that this game will be worthy of the original. I was skeptical to begin with, but now I'm on the hype train.

iceatcs

hmmm, at least it will be good co-op game again but I do miss the graphic filter/art direction from first one.

Darklord

Banned
I wish more open world games had awesome super powers like Crackdown. I thought it was overrated(atleast on GAF) but damn the powers are fun.

2Good4u

Banned
Darklord said:
I wish more open world games had awesome super powers like Crackdown. I thought it was overrated(atleast on GAF) but damn the powers are fun.

Prototype has, but the game sucks because you are overpowered

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
GAF, I'm scared that Microsoft locked Alan Wake to a May release date, but mentioned nothing about Crackdown 2.

Later-than-May release date confirmed? :(

cjelly said:
GAF, I'm scared that Microsoft locked Alan Wake to a May release date, but mentioned nothing about Crackdown 2.

Later-than-May release date confirmed? :(
I seem to remember something from yesterday about June? Maybe I imagined it.

_tetsuo_ said:
Is that a chopper? IS THAT A DAMN CHOPPER!?
:)

You don't get it until near the end of the game apparently, which is a great design decision as it gives you great encouragement to complete the game, saving the very best until last.

With a chopper to find them, renegade orbs aside, I think they'll probably be a little more hidden away this time.

Scotch

I know I'll probably have a blast playing this like the first one, but these screens do nothing for me. Too much supernatural beasts and big ass armor for my tastes. Also the box art isn't great at all. Standard blue and orange stuff.

noisome07

Banned
Scotch said:
I know I'll probably have a blast playing this like the first one, but these screens do nothing for me. Too much supernatural beasts and big ass armor for my tastes. Also the box art isn't great at all. Standard blue and orange stuff.

oh man, not the box art!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
It just occured to me that guy on the box is holding what looks like a girder with concrete from a building.
Tell me i can do that.

Alx

Crackdown 2 has a lot of potential, I hope it will be at least as fun as the first one. :)
I'm just not convinced by the "gliding" thing... it's one of the thing I didn't really like in games like Infamous and Prototype (even though I must admit I didn't play the full games). Sure it's more convenient and gives you more freedom, but there was something with the giant leaps of Crackdown1 that made the game special and coherent, you could cover huge distances but if you missed your target platform you would drop like a stone and crash in the pavement...

Top Bottom