• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy Trophy List Goes Up, Teases CTR Pretty Heavily

Wait what the fuck is this?!

Category Five
Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's Savage Hurricane Spin.

Coco can't spin in Crash 3, right..?? She only has the vehicle stages... unlesssss?

(Or am I forgetting if she can spin before she hops onto Pura?)

Sullichin

Coco can't spin in Crash 3, right..?? She only has the vehicle stages... unlesssss?

There's coco achievements for each game, looks like she's a playable character. But yeah she was only on the vehicle/pura stages in the originals

Alo0oy

Banned
I'd buy a CTR + Crash Bash pack.

Crash Bash was the only good non-ND Crash game, and it deserves the same treatment the original trilogy is getting.

Kinsei

Banned

She can;t spin. There are also trophies for both Crash 1 and 2 asking you to get kills with Coco. It seems that they're making her playable in all three games.

Just CTR would be a bit light for retail. It would be a nice $15 download only title, though.

Dude what?

If Mario Kart for example can ask for 60$ then I don't see why CTR REMAKE (with online please god) couldn't ask for 40$. And I mean, they could ask 60 and I wouldn't see a problem.

There's coco achievements for each game, looks like she's a playable character. But yeah she was only on the vehicle/pura stages in the originals

She can;t spin. There are also trophies for both Crash 1 and 2 asking you to get kills with Coco. It seems that they're making her playable in all three games.

There's a Coco trophy for all three games. They're all for doing her versions of Crash's moves. :)

Yoooooooo!!!

The only way to make this better is surprise us with a 2 player mode.

Alo0oy

Banned

I may be mistaken because I haven't played Crash since the PS1 days, but I think you can unlock her skin in Warped?

Scotia

Banned
Coco's fucking playable in 1 and 2 now?

NCeHrM76X7idq.gif

I'm shook

Easily worth 60 bucks for me.

From the original:
Adventure Mode
Time Trial
Arcade
Vs.
Battle

New:
Online Mode
maybe some other stuff as well.

alexbull_uk

The trophy lists all look really reasonable too. Will be fun hunting those platinums!

I may be mistaken because I haven't played Crash since the PS1 days, but I think you can unlock her skin in Warped?

There were a few levels where you played as Coco, but she wasn't an unlockable character.

It's crazy to think that Vicarious Visions, who once had this design for Crash:
vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

Are now not only making Crash N'sane Trilogy, but are going above and beyond with it!

CTR is the best cart racer ever but can we talk about the underrated gem Crash Bash?

I could champion CTR all day long and vastly prefer it to Mario Kart but personally I don't think Crash Bash is exactly worthy of remaking (even tho it is decent fun). Was dissapointed if it truly was meant to be an answer to Mario Party which is vastly superior.

Tell you what, how about ''Crash Bash 2'' that apes the old Mario Party games since Nintendo's modern efforts are lame.

It's crazy to think that Vicarious Visions, who once had this design for Crash:
vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

Are now not only making Crash N'sane Trilogy, but are going above and beyond with it!
I actually don't mind that design. Don't really know why so many dump on it. It's a totally acceptable take on the character over lanky tribal tattoo Crash or Skylanders Spyro. I like it the same way the super angular chibi Crash looked in that cancelled open world game.

I could champion CTR all day long and vastly prefer it to Mario Kart but personally I don't think Crash Bash is exactly worthy of remaking (even tho it is decent fun). Was dissapointed if it truly was meant to be an answer to Mario Party which is vastly superior.

Tell you what, how about ''Crash Bash 2'' that apes the old Mario Party games since Nintendo's modern efforts are lame.

I would take it. The co-op was really fun, since a lot of my time playing Crash as a kid consisted of my cousins and I handing the controller off to each other every 10 minutes.

Coco being playable across all titles should be in the thread title, holy shit.

I branched this off from the other thread because pretty blatant CTR seemed thread worthy. People are calling Coco a "spoiler" even though she'll definitely be shown off Monday, so I didn't wanna get yelled at.

Karsha

I hope since its my favorite Crash game but still it might be just a tribute and nothing more, doubt they'd marked a CTR remake or remaster with a name drop in the trophy list...

Booki

I'm in day 1 as long as they don't screw with the driving mechanics. HD, loot boxes and costumes yes. Just don't touch the driving.

Zubz

Banned
I shouldn't've spoiled
Coco playable outside 3's jetski & Pura levels
for myself so close to release.

I was thinking they'd at least wait to see if the N. Sane Trilogy was a success before doing CTR, but part of me hopes they jumped the gun. They can even softball this release by just adding in extra modes that're now standard in racers, online (Of course), & new characters & levels reusing assets from the N. Sane Trilogy (I always wondered why N. Brio missed out on CTR, & they could still just reuse Tawna, Koala Kong, Komodo Moe, & Baby T from the original games. Maybe give themselves a Koopa Troopa analogue by adding a Lab Assistant).

Oh! And finishing Penta. I forgot he was actually unfinished complete with placeholder soundbites/could freeze the game, & that couldn't be accessed without cheats.

Throw in some secret racers while they are at it
Jak
Daxter
and a stylized Nathan Drake

I'll take these. Not all of the newer characters were bad, either. I'd be willing to see them add Crunch & Nina to the roster. Maybe a "Fake Tiny" for that Mike Tyson-clone, Bengal-Tiger-instead-of-Thylacine version of Tiny from one of the later games by people that heard "Tiger" & never bothered to look up which kind. ... I don't even think there is much else to go off of.

Rodin

I'm gonna assume that there's a CTR playable rom inside the collection or that they added a CTR minigame/easter egg in one of the games (similar to
Crash in U4
). Why would the trophy list of "Crash NSane Trilogy" hint at "CTR Remastered"?

I hope since its my favorite Crash game but still it might be just a tribute and nothing more, doubt they'd marked a CTR remake or remaster with a name drop in the trophy list...

You never know. This package seems like a love letter to fans of ND's entries. And from the moment this was announced you had people begging for CTR. They're certainly know by now just based on pre-orders what the sales will look like and whether remastering CTR would make sense. So, having a nod/hint to it in the trophy list would fit in with the general fan service being presented here.

Hexa

I'm gonna assume that there's a CTR playable rom inside the collection or that they added a CTR minigame/easter egg in one of the games (similar to
Crash in U4
). Why would the trophy list of "Crash NSane Trilogy" hint at "CTR Remastered"?

Clever subtle marketing.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am pretty excited about the fact that Coco is finally playable, So my playthrough will be,

-100% Crash in Crash 1,

-Two different save file for both Crash and Coco

-100% Coco in Crash 3.

I also hope that her move set is slightly different from Crash so she doesn't come off a a female version of Crash, I want her to be unique.

As for CTR remaster, meh I am neutral on that as I have moved on from that game and prefer playing Sonic and All star Racing Transformed and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

PSqueak

Banned
Bruh. Don't step to me on Crash knowledge. That penguin being named Penta is a retcon entirely of VV's doing. There were a ton of penguins that looked exactly the same in 2 as "Penta" does in 3.

But that's the point, the relic trophies? Fine, yes, those are clues.

The Penta Trophy? not so much, it's just precisely implying that the penguin is Penta.

I always assumed the implication from CTR was that it was the same penguin back in the PSX.

But that's the point, the relic trophies? Fine, yes, those are clues.

The Penta Trophy? not so much, it's just precisely implying that the penguin is Penta.

I always assumed the implication from CTR was that it was the same penguin back in the PSX.

There are other CTR references and Penta was just the first one that came to mind because I'm in hype mode and can't think :(

And to the bolded: He was a character you can only unlock via cheat code and has nothing to him other than a name. I don't think there's any implication there that isn't user-inserted.

Galang

Banned
Omfg yaaaaaas!! Totally interested now. In terms of racers only a re-release of snowboard kids 1 & 2 is left for me to die happy

NateDog

Years ago I was begging for a CTR PSN release on PS3 with online capabilities. This would be an unbelievable dream.

Top Bottom