• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy Trophy List Goes Up, Teases CTR Pretty Heavily

Elixist

Activision can even monetise the game a la Rocket League, loot boxes with items to customise characters, alternative vehicles (same stats) and potentially new tracks.

With good online code it would be a hit.

CTR remains the best kart racer in existence, just purely from a mechanical stand point.

i've thought the same thing. the multiplayer of a racer needs this kind of shit in todays market. do it.gif

I thought the special announcement was going to be a demo....

but what if it is a demo for CTR, included in the day one copy of the trilogy? CTR due for November 2017. (lol no)

I thought the special announcement was going to be a demo....

but what if it is a demo for CTR, included in the day one copy of the trilogy? CTR due for November 2017. (lol no)

Not that far fetched, Ratchet Collection had a demo for Sly Cooper 4. Not the exact thing, but I could see it happening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It certainly seems possible that I was wrong about Acti not teasing a CTR remake on account of it not being an Acti game. Encouraging stuff. It could have no changes whatsoever besides bot fill-ins for MP races and I'd still be a happy chappy. MK64 supporting just that is literally the only reason I prefer it over CTR.

Hexa

Even if remastered CTR is in development, that doesn't guarantee it'll be revealed on Monday. Seems more like something we'd see at PSX imo.

Likely related to this;

https://twitter.com/crashbandicoot/status/873239003834720256

Referencing the start time of Sony's E3 conference.

Show opener?

Oh shit, it's happening isn't it?

2766516-1517970816-aAMn2.gif

TransTrender

Gold Member
Preorder the deluxe edition now so you can get CTR stuck behind a paywall with maps that were part of the core game as DLC for an additional $14.99 and augment your racer with additional Crash Drops to defeat your foes online with craftable upgrades and gain those Mountain Dew and Doritos brand achievements!

For money!

wapplew

I wonder simply graphic lift without touching the gameplay and handling can hold up for current kart racing standard.

I wonder simply graphic lift without touching the gameplay and handling can hold up for current kart racing standard.

If they added new tracks and characters and online modes, absolutely, IMO. But that comes down to the same issue as Crash 1-3... is the original engine something that has salvageable code to begin with?

LAA

Just CTR would be a bit light for retail. It would be a nice $15 download only title, though.

Did think that too yeah, but..this is activision. Though to be fair, the crash trilogy is around £25 which is fair, so maybe it will.

I suppose the choices are to have CTR priced reasonably cheap, or to add more content to it compared to the original game. Think it would be very cool to have a competitor for Mario Kart back again.

Problem with the CTR possibility for me is.. I then have to acknowledge the Spyro Trilogy is less likely to be happening, which.. I would realllly love, I place the Spyro Trilogy higher than the Crash trilogy for me.

Not sure if I agree that this "teases CTR pretty heavily".

It makes total sense for them to meaninglessly use a bunch of CTR's snarky commercial jokes for the trophies to 1-3 when 1-3 also had snarky TV commercials with similarly snarky jokes at the ready that would be more relevant, I agree :V

Honestly, this isn't even the teasiest stuff they've done with CTR recently.

I mean the trophy list is cool but not something announced at E3.

Oh, I got you. Yeah, I don't think so either.
Coco will be.

I don't want to look but can anyone confirm it has 3 platinum trophies? 1 for each crash

3 Separates, yes.

wapplew

If they added new tracks and characters and online modes, absolutely, IMO. But that comes down to the same issue as Crash 1-3... is the original engine something that has salvageable code to begin with?

I want a modern CTR evergreen title like OW or Rocket league more tbh.

N.Brio and Koala Kong first!

N. Oxide was at least in the game to begin with and such a tease that you couldn't actually unlock him.

If we are looking at other characters though, I'd like them to add Tawna as playable and also have the hidden characters as playable in adventure mode.

Gurish

Fuck wish the surprise wasn't ruined, it would melt faces seeing it and hearing about it at E3 for the first time, I don't like it when surprises are ruined just a day before the event.

Nevertheless these are great news.

Top Bottom