• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Retrospective - The Wrath of Cortex

I forgot what thread in which I posted two gif comparisons but man the Xbox version is the version you need to play (if you have a 360 I think WoC is still available from XBL which is of course the XBox version with a few small benefits with being on the 360.

Comparison:
cover_japan_ps2.jpg

cover_japan_xbox.jpg

cover_ps2.jpg

Even in japan they had to release a new image for the Xbox version. Because they knew, they new I tell ya.

The only post ND Crash that I played, and I actually really enjoyed it.

I played on PS2 with those awful load times though, that's the only thing that really stands out as a negative.

Idem, really enjoyed it as a kid. Played it on gc though, because i only had that at the time.

KevinCow

Banned
Because...?

I just haven't been into gaming for the past few months. The year's about halfway over and I've only beaten like two games.

I really want to play Twinsanity. I only had a Gamecube back then, and Twinsanity is one of the few games that gen that I really wanted to play but didn't come to the Gamecube. But I want to make sure I'm in the right mood for it first.

RK128

I just haven't been into gaming for the past few months. The year's about halfway over and I've only beaten like two games.

I really want to play Twinsanity. I only had a Gamecube back then, and Twinsanity is one of the few games that gen that I really wanted to play but didn't come to the Gamecube. But I want to make sure I'm in the right mood for it first.

PLAY IT?!

Sorry for the caps lock for a bit there but it really is a fantastic platformer held back with some small issues due to rushed development. I really enjoyed it and man, its going to be FUN talking about that game this week :D.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Can we just not wait for the next thread and turn this in to th Twinsanity thread now? WOC isn't worth talking about. Twinsanity is.

The cheque bounced? Are you sure? Well these past few years have kind of been slow. Wrath of Cortex didn't do as well as we hoped...

Can we just not wait for the next thread and turn this in to th Twinsanity thread now? WOC isn't worth talking about. Twinsanity is.

The cheque bounced? Are you sure? Well these past few years have kind of been slow. Wrath of Cortex didn't do as well as we hoped...

No, WoC is worth talking about, just half the people palyed the initial PS2 version, and some guy said he just had a game he never played sitting on top of his XBox.

Crash WoC was the last traditional Crash games on consoles (Crash 2 for GBA being the last traditional Crash period)

But of course, Rk128 you know you have to do Nitro Kart first before Twinsanity right?

In which the console and the portable versions are two different games.

RK128

You guys can if you want to :). But Edson is right; Wrath of Cortex is a good game and SHOULD be talked about.

But the Retrospective is going to take a bit; have developers from the game helping me out with some information on the title :D. Skullomania is kind enough to work with me on the Retrospective, so very excited to share the end result with all of you later this week :D.

Might cover the GBA games sooner then expected though.

No, WoC is worth talking about, just half the people palyed the initial PS2 version, and some guy said he just had a game he never played sitting on top of his XBox.

Crash WoC was the last traditional Crash games on consoles (Crash 2 for GBA being the last traditional Crash period)

But of course, Rk128 you know you have to do Nitro Kart first before Twinsanity right?

In which the console and the portable versions are two different games.

I want to cover Twinsanity next though :l. I promise the Nitro Kart Retrospective will come after Twinsanity though.

When I do cover Nitro Kart, will make note of both versions at the same thread (take a look at my Sonic Retrospective on the Game Gear titles if you want to see an example of how I do that).

Top Bottom