• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowbcat soul vs soulles Resident Evil 4 Remake

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
its like an essence, ethereal yet tangible in all the known ways...
Halloween Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

What is "soul" in a videogame?

Is that like nostalgia?
Kind of. For the purpose of the thread I'll take your post seriously. For some games it's when developers go the extra mile to make sure that barely any part of it is left untouched.

For example in that video, the ambient noises. However, we don't know for sure if it's one of three things: if Crowbcat has bad speakers or doesn't understand spatial audio, if it was artistic intent with the remake, or if the devs forgot to include it. I'm leaning towards the first two considering the direct rain and shore sound comparisons. The reason I brought up that he has potential audio issues, is because I've turned off the music and voices after playthrough 2, so that I can speedrun with only hearing enemy actions and not hear Ashley whine for half of the game. Thus, I do hear the ambience, animals, nature sounds, etc. that for some reason was selectively not present in the video.

For other games, it truly is just nostalgia. For example Buck Bumble is a mediocre video game with a catchy theme song. People who grew up on it will state otherwise.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
ITT: This video sucks, it's threatening my nostalgia for one of the most overrated games of all time and doesn't validate my purchase 😭
Actually people in this thread are threatened by Remake being questioned. But GAF loves consuming products. Give it 10 years, the pendulum will swing back to the correct side. Just gotta wait on some Youtuber to form their opinion for them.

Actually people in this thread are threatened by Remake being questioned. But GAF loves consuming products. Give it 10 years, the pendulum will swing back to the correct side. Just gotta wait on some Youtuber to form their opinion for them.
This 'must play' or 'absolute garbage' mentality when it comes to judging remakes, let alone video games, is detrimental. Some people like it a lot, some don't. Both sides will have to live with that. It won't matter either way in 10 years.

edbrat

Does a good job in reminding me how incredible RE4 was when it dropped in the noughties, honestly getting this out of a Gamecube / PS2 was completely mindblowing at the time. Sure we've had the best part of two decades of technological advancement since then but you still need insanely gifted creatives like Mikami to make it sing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Meanwhile TerakJK is making videos of him doing mercs mode with no damage or S++.

Crowbcat fell off.

Luigi Mario

The negative reaction to his newest comparison only goes to show that most of his videos were only ever lukewarm observations or peddling consensus like “buggy game is bad, Ubisoft downgrades their games and new game bad, old game good”. Him criticising RE4R is going against what most of his audience thinks of this remake.

ParaSeoul

The negative reaction to his newest comparison only goes to show that most of his videos were only ever lukewarm observations or peddling consensus like “buggy game is bad, Ubisoft downgrades their games and new game bad, old game good”. Him criticising RE4R is going against what most of his audience thinks of this remake.
True,he was always carried by his editing in previous videos.

Top Bottom