• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PC Gamer Details

Dynoro

I am wary of the NYC setting as I really enjoyed bouncing around the jungle/island but it should make a change of pace at the very least. The buildings model/texture work should show of the power of the engine nicely too (just look at the ship interiors in Crysis and how photo-realistic they look).

One bad thing though...aliens...why oh why can't the Koreans invade NYC as they were much more enjoyable to fight.

quetz67

Banned
Nihilistic Monk said:
Urban jungle? That'd possibly tie in with reduced specs for consoles, less open world streches and fauna to render.
watch the empire state building scene in "King Kong" and think again. then have a look at some of Assassins Creed 2 buildings and see how much they could be improved.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
As long as I can bash through buildings, run up and down all floors, jump from building to building through solid glass and shit I'll be happy.

Also if I was to smash up a low part of the build I would hope it would be destroyed thank you.

NotWii

Banned
Linkzg said:
I don't think you've played Crysis Warhead
:lol Oh please, Warhead's basically a retread of Crysis, it has long ways to go before it approaches Valve's tight level/gameplay design and storytelling

spindrift

Neo Member
I'm pretty excited about the urban setting, although disappointed with the typical New York location. I feel like some sub-tropical south-east Asian city would be a better fit for Crysis.

Wii said:
:lol Oh please, Warhead's basically a retread of Crysis, it has long ways to go before it approaches Valve's tight level/gameplay design and storytelling
Hl2's gunplay is stale compared to crysis though. The only thing keeping me interested in HL2 is the universe, charismatic characters and mysterious story. Valve also does a good job with cinematic scenarios.

The only way i think the aliens can be fun to fight is if they bring in some variety. All those matrix squid things get boring to fight. They need more types of suits like in ZOE2 and have different types of bosses. They'll also need to move around more tactically like the Covenant in the halo series.

Hopefully the nanonsuit 2.0 improvement will be noticeable for the gameplay. I would like to perform various suit combos more effectively.

Tr4nce

I have never gotten the chance to play Crysis I, because I don't have a PC which meets the qualifications, but i'm really disappointed about Crysis II having this urban setting. I have a thing for tropical surroundings and blue skies!

Binabik15

I stopped playing Crysis when the aliens showed up :/

I hope that the forrests from the earlier pics will be in the game, city only would suck.

CPCunha

I do see great potential in a urban setting for such a polished game as crysis...even though usually the urban setting atmosphere is ruined when you cant get inside 'em damn buildings.

I wish crytek would come up with some sort of mechanism to allow players to freely move up and down inside skyscrappers...that would rock my socks off.

Erasus

The Cryengine 2 showcase had some urban environments that looked great to me. Hope my Athlon X2 7750 and ATI 4830 can take the heat :lol To me Crysis is up there with HL2 when it comes to shooters.

-SD-

Banned
PC Games magazine cover. Will be out next wednesday in Germany.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ew-York-als-Schauplatz/PC/News/&sl=auto&tl=en

crysis2_pc_games_magazppeq.jpg

quetz67

Banned
sorry search is disabled

can anybody tell me if I rather play Crysis or Crysis Warhead. Have no time for both and Wahrhead is cheaper, being shorter wont be a problem.

also will it run at 15fps+ on my QuadCore, 8Gigs, GT260 with 3Dvision (1680x1050) and high details?

-SD-

Banned
Get Crysis if you prefer a more open gameplay canvas. (I like Crysis more...)

Get Warhead if you like the traditional rail-shooter style.

FoxSpirit

Looked at the screenshots in the gallery, man, texturing looks bad. Seriously.
Hope this is only from an earlier build.

Ironborn

Banned
concrete...jungle?
donotwant.jpg

as a console peasant and a fan of the original far cry on pc (used to have a gaming rig), i've been looking forward to finally playing a shooter with proper jungle again, only to be disappointed...
wtf was crytek thinking, we've got enough brown-and-grey urban warfare games
hopefully there'll be some other environments too, otherwise i can't see me picking this up

Zenith

Banned
quetz67 said:
sorry search is disabled

can anybody tell me if I rather play Crysis or Crysis Warhead. Have no time for both and Wahrhead is cheaper, being shorter wont be a problem.

also will it run at 15fps+ on my QuadCore, 8Gigs, GT260 with 3Dvision (1680x1050) and high details?

Crysis 1 by far. So many great setpieces.

epmode

GeneralIroh said:
Hl2's gunplay is stale compared to crysis though.
God I wish this was a banned word.

If there's one thing I've learned at GAF, it's that "gunplay" is fucking worthless.

Looking forward to this though. I really liked Crysis, in spite of the less-shitty-than-Far-Cry-but-still-kinda-shitty alien twist. More sandbox pls.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
This sounds pretty disappointing that they did like we all assumed and gimped the game so it would work on consoles. Why couldn't they just make a spinoff for consoles? What a joke.

Another "death of PC gaming" theory?

quetz67 said:
sorry search is disabled

As said by Zenith, play the first one. It's got a much better flow and better environments. The alien combat isnt quite as good as in Warhead, but it more than makes up for it with the better level design and less linear approach. On Steam they're both 30 bucks a piece, but you can get the pack for 40, which would be the way I would go about it in your situation(you can always play one now and the other in two to three months), but if you can really only afford one go for the first.

Also, your rig should be able to tear through the settings you've said. I play maxed out on Msters config at the same resolution with a 260, 4 gigs ram and a dual core at 3.1, usually 25-30, up to 55-60 indoors. You'll be fine.

Gestahl

quetz67 said:
sorry search is disabled

Warhead is a better paced and organized experience, but you won't really know why unless you try Crysis first. They were on sale during the Christmas deals on Steam, should've gotten on the wagon then.

-SD-

Banned
Nirolak said:
Apparently the embargo drops February 9th. I assume that's for online content.
Yeah!

Hopefully we're getting the first ever Crysis 2 web shots by then.

This was the first one for Crysis:

83.jpg

quetz67

Banned
Gestahl said:
Warhead is a better paced and organized experience, but you won't really know why unless you try Crysis first. They were on sale during the Christmas deals on Steam, should've gotten on the wagon then.
The sale price was about double (or more) than I pay on amazon.de. Price isnt the problem, rather time. From what I read I will get/play Warhead first and Crysis 1 later should I find some more time. Thanks, guys

Doytch

Whazzat cover say about Drakensang? Sequel?
So there's like an exclusive preview in 5 different magazines and still not a single detail online....
It's funny because the Euro mags are the ones that always seem to leak every shred of detail. :lol

A New York City Crysis...can't wait to conquer those cabs, traffic jams and renting an apartment for $2000 a month...

Might buy on PC, but if it suffers from too much consolitis, I'll pass. Consoles are ruining FPS games, anyone using an analog stick to aim should be shot.

VOOK said:
As long as I can bash through buildings, run up and down all floors, jump from building to building through solid glass and shit I'll be happy.

Also if I was to smash up a low part of the build I would hope it would be destroyed thank you.

No way they will allow the game to hit retail with NYC buildings coming down...think of the children.

Proelite

Dynoro said:
One bad thing though...aliens...why oh why can't the Koreans invade NYC as they were much more enjoyable to fight.

There is no way for Koreans to have the offensive capability to launch an
invasion of the US in 500 years.

JdFoX187

Banned
Blue Heeler said:
Consoles are ruining FPS games, anyone using an analog stick to aim should be shot.
:lol More people having the opportunity to play great games is certainly a bad thing :lol

And I like FPS on my PC.

Violater

Blue Heeler said:
Might buy on PC, but if it suffers from too much consolitis, I'll pass. Consoles are ruining FPS games, anyone using an analog stick to aim should be shot.

You will do well here, I can tell.

Doytch

JdFoX187 said:
:lol More people having the opportunity to play great games is certainly a bad thing :lol

And I like FPS on my PC.
Well I don't really give a damn if someone doesn't play the games I like. And when devs try to bring those people into the fold, it almost invariably ends in disaster since neither side likes the end result.

bdouble

epmode said:
God I wish this was a banned word.

If there's one thing I've learned at GAF, it's that "gunplay" is fucking worthless.
Why what else would you call it? The guns feel and play differently in each game. Quake, CoD, halflife, stalker all play and feel ifferent to me.

Just definition differences but I always thought of it like that. It's a preference thing and some shooters just resonate satisfaction of shooting shit in different ways.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Gestahl said:
For Delta mode, Crysis is BY FAR better paced. Certain sections of Warhead on delta just break apart due to the differences in vehicle controls and such (not being able to shoot while driving). The shield aliens also become really goddamn annoying and aren't fun to fight.

For normal... I'm not really sure. Warhead felt more action-oriented. I still find Crysis to be a far more polished and enjoyable experience. It feels much better thought through. Warhead felt amateur by comparison in most aspects.

Dennis

Banned
If we only get to fight aliens and not human enemies, I am going to throw the mother of all hissy fits.

CryTek knows most people hate the aliens so the wouldn't make them the only enemies....right?

*nervous laughter*

Des0lar said:
Funny thing is, indeed he will. PC elitism is always welcomed in these parts of the forum.

PC gamer myself
I love PC gaming, but I hate that attitude. Fear 2 was great on PC. ya'll suck :p

Crysis 2 will be great too I'm sure.

Top Bottom