• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
godhandiscen said:
Yes, but now consider that the Xenos is a GPU with performance in between the HD2900 and the HD3500, and it is actually a feat of optimization.

I always thought Xenos had 8800 gt level of perfomance. You've to remember that there's no PC OS layers there. don't know if it really matters though.

Also they've multithreaded the engine and offloaded physics to CPU. 360 has quite a capable CPU.

Erasus

godhandiscen said:
Yes, but now consider that the Xenos is a GPU with performance in between the HD2900 and the HD3500, and it is actually a feat of optimization.

Yes I am pretty impressed. It might even be better than my computer ;_; So whats the point of having this bought for 500 when a 200 console runs it the same...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
subversus said:
I always thought Xenos had 8800 gt level of perfomance. You've to remember that there's no PC OS layers there. don't know if it really matters though.

Also they've multithreaded the engine and offloaded physics to CPU. 360 has quite a capable CPU.
Well, the Xenos is actually a custom design GPU that ATI built for MS. It is hard to quantify its raw output since it actually has features like shared shader pipes and a tesselator that weren't introduced by ATI to the PC market until the HD3000 line debuted. It is definitely not 8800 performance, not even close.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
godhandiscen said:
Well, the Xenos is actually a custom design GPU that ATI built for MS. It is hard to quantify its raw output since it actually has features like shared shader pipes and a tesselator that weren't introduced by ATI to the PC market until the HD3000 line debuted. It is definitely not 8800 performance, not even close.

then I guess the game will rape our CPUs.

sinnergy

ahoyhoy said:
Wow... it looks like someone just put a Crysis mod on CoD4... really uninspired gameplay is all I see.

Hopefully the single player will be full of eye candy.
Yet it feels totally good playing it :p Have you played the demo? I am as addicted as I was with Modern Warfare (1)

I am getting this day one, Last year haven'tplayed much MP games, but this is great.

Now hopeing SP is also great.

wwm0nkey

If you actually know how to use the suits abilities then you will be a god at this game.

Always use camo to get to point A to point B (never be a dbag and camp with it)
Always use armor the second you get or think you are going to get into a gun fight
Slide for the fun of it :D

bj00rn_

Banned
Besides some LOD issues I think the game looks great.

I was testing the 3D mode today, works fine, don't see much difference between this and the PS3 3D games I have.

skyfinch

That video makes me sad.
Played about an hour since the demo came out and have gotten 3 kills combined. :p
If you are one of those 3 kills, you must suck very badly, or left the game for a moment to make a sandwich.

Bring on single player....

Rad-

Game looks very good and is pretty fun too but the netcode/lag is a joke. If they get that sorted by the release, I might jump in.

Raide

Hellsing321 said:
Amazing what you can do when you stop playing the game likes it a COD re-skin.

I see loads of people playing it like CoD and they spend most of their time just running around the floor. That footage was great to see someone actually use the abilities and traverse the map like it was intended.

Hellsing321 said:
Amazing what you can do when you stop playing the game likes it a COD re-skin.
Get the drop on some one, shoot until they die. How is that different from CoD again?

Edit: Honestly I play this demo like I play CoD and I tend to do pretty well. Maybe I am just playing CoD the wrong way.

projekt84 said:
Isn't that every game with guns?
Any Halo that isn't Halo CE and Bad Company 2, I think. Halo because of power weapons and because of how slow it is and BC2 because there's a lot more to the game than running around and shooting people.

n0b

That gameplay video has made me stop worrying about the impressions some people were giving. Sprint may be slowed, but it seems more versatile now that it can be extended with slides, and jump again seems a bit lower than maximum but buffed with the ability to grab ledges.

I <3 Memes said:
Holding down the trigger until the clip is empty doesn't seem like much fun to me.
Its a console demo and you cant hit the broadside of a barn because of the substandard control scheme you are forced to use. What do you expect?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I <3 Memes said:
So there is no recoil on the guns anymore? Holding down the trigger until the clip is empty doesn't seem like much fun to me.
I was thinking about that too, in the original, at least in SP, you had to use Strength-Mode to reduce the recoil.

G_Berry

Banned
Easy_D said:
I was thinking about that too, in the original, at least in SP, you had to use Strength-Mode to reduce the recoil.

He may have been using the accuracy perk and I also believe that maximum armor increases accuracy also.

G_Berry said:
He may have been using the accuracy perk and I also believe that maximum armor increases accuracy also.
Should also go back and play Crysis again. The recoil on that refile in the first game is minimal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lostconfused said:
Should also go back and play Crysis again. The recoil on that refile in the first game is minimal.
The first 2-3 shots pick up the gun, then it stays elevated in one spot.

As for the video he is using the aim enhance perk

Hazaro said:
The first 2-3 shots pick up the gun, then it stays elevated in one spot.
Yup the Scar has a pretty tight grouping of shots. Its the YF71 that continuously travels upward while you are firing unless you use strength mode.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
projekt84 said:
Isn't that every game with guns?

Getting a drop on someone in Shadowrun isn't lights out. You can react. If you stumble upon two guys in suprise and they procede to attack you, throw a grenade at your feet, activate smoke power, so when the grenade detonates you take no damage and they do. Or teleport thru a wall. The powers interact in a chain of offense and defense maneuvers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kibbles said:
Framerate analysis, Max: 30, Min: 29! That's pretty awesome job Crytek. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrtOkNOgm1Q

And according to Beyond3d, the config files indicate it is 1280x720 for Xbox 360, not 1152x720? o_O [edit] It could be the config for the single player though. For PS3 it apparently says the height is 704 pixels.

Oh and another video from the MP event: http://www.blip.tv/file/4674219/
Is it bad that I'm actually hoping for 704p to be true as the only compromise for the PS3 version?

Brimstone said:
Getting a drop on someone in Shadowrun isn't lights out. You can react. If you stumble upon two guys in suprise and they procede to attack you, throw a grenade at your feet, activate smoke power, so when the grenade detonates you take no damage and they do. Or teleport thru a wall. The powers interact in a chain of offense and defense maneuvers.

Actually I was hoping this game would have that range of movement. The fact that you can literally use any ability on the fly should have made the game a lot more movement based. It almost seems like they missed a trick there.

bobs99 ... said:
Actually I was hoping this game would have that range of movement. The fact that you can literally use any ability on the fly should have made the game a lot more movement based. It almost seems like they missed a trick there.
You still can't outrun a bullet. The only way I can see that happening is if the bump up the player health a lot more so it would take more than a full clip to bring anyone down.

Lostconfused said:
You still can't outrun a bullet. The only way I can see that happening is if the bump up the player health a lot more so it would take more than a full clip to bring anyone down.

I agree, but even the way you move when stalking your enemy could have been a lot more fluid.

Im struggling to put my vision into text. :p I do think there's something a little too stiff with the game as it is now.

Triz

I downloaded this this weekend, and every time I loaded the multiplayer level it would lock up the whole xbox forcing a hard reboot. I havent read through the whole thread but was this an issue for anyone else?

MrBig said:
Wait people think those killzone 2 shots look good? :lol
Looks like xbox 1 era graphics.

derp

1293349359419.gif

Top Bottom