• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 PC Performance Thread

Smokey

Took a break from C3 to do some other things and charged my 3d glasses while I was away. Mentally preparing myself for the eye raping that I was going to receive running C3 in 3D Nvidia Surround. Ran it in on the Medium preset and surprisingly the game was still playable in 3D Surround (all presets had 2x SMAA) enabled:

2013-02-19 22:26:17 - crysis3
Frames: 2763 - Time: 85098ms - Avg: 32.468 - Min: 27 - Max: 39

Then a little later I upped it to High settings:

2013-02-19 22:29:18 - crysis3
Frames: 11837 - Time: 485756ms - Avg: 24.368 - Min: 11 - Max: 43

Then for the hell of it I put it on Very High and was around 15-19 fps lol. Really hard to describe how incredible it looks in Surround with 3D. Probably the most immersive experience I've had in gaming. Another Surround pic:

crysis32013-02-1922-37-25-07_zpsb2e23522.png

Ok, something is wrong with my FPS.

I am on the second missions with the towers shooting at me and I can't even get a stable 60 fps on all low, textures high, 1xAF, and AA disabled at 1080.

I am running through the grass field and getting HUGE fps drops, it goes from the 100s on low all the way down to 30. I am not sure whats going on. Best performance for me is locking in at 30 regardless of settings. Having the settings on high fluctuates from 25-75, is this normal on this level?

i5 2500k @ stock
evga gtx 670
8gb ddr3

*edit* A quick and dirty OC to 4.0ghz seems to have helped quite a bit. I guess it is time to finally learn how to OC this thing for real.

Kurdel

Banned
Turning off vsync did wonders for the framerate with my 660ti.

I still jave to download that 3D3 Override thing on my new computer, but the game is making me consider buying that stupid 1000$ graphics card...

Le-mo

Thinking about getting this game but I'm not sure how well my rig will run it. I have an i5-2500k, gtx480, and 8gb ram. Will I be able to run it with playable FPS on high-very high settings?

Im getting 45 - 70 fps on all high settings 1080p very high textures and 1xsmaa on my 7950 and i5 3570k vsync off

I can get between 30 and 40 fps with everything on very high 2x msaa but i cant really tell much of a difference and prefer the smoother fps.

Pretty happy so far with the current setup Will be interesting to see if it can get optimized a little more. I would be happy with 5 - 10 more fps.

playing at 120 inches on the 1080p projector is amazing.

Metal-Geo

So any magical configs yet? :>

Can't decide whether I should sacrifice fps to play at 2560x1600 or to have a steady, near-always 60fps at 1920x1200. 1920x1200 on a 2560x1600 looks incredibly blurry, and is really noticeable due to how close I am to my monitor. :(

So is there a consensus that Multigpuu has crazy strange frame drops in this game for no reason?

I noticed it during the beta and prevented my playing it more than I woished I could.
Is the problem still the same?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I have a 2500k @4.5 and a factory oc'd 670 and get -35-40fps with max settings and 4xSMAA at 1080p. And around 25-30fps at 1440p with 2xSMAA, which is perfectly playable with their motion blur.

Oh really? That sounds great, would I be wrong to hypothesize that if you get 25-30 with 2xsmaa you'll get 30 with fxaa, max settings and 1440p? That would be the perfect if it's possible :O

Optimisation in this is terrible. The game goes from like 60FPS right down to 30 and back up with nothing in between. If you want a great example, you only have to play the tutorial to see it in action. The tutorial is a blank room with textureless hexagons on the floor. 60fps solid if you look dead ahead, up, left, right, look down at those hexagons tho, bam, 30FPS.

i can run it at 25-30fps, 1680x1050, very high spec (shading/shadows set to medium) on this setup

Q6600 quad
GTX 560Ti 2gb
8GB ram
Win 7 ultimate.

Damian.

Banned
The game goes from 60fps to 30 because the game isn't triple buffered. Use D3DOverrider and you can get in between.

Sethos

Banned
The game goes from 60fps to 30 because the game isn't triple buffered. Use D3DOverrider and you can get in between.

That's when you Vsync, the game does that shit with a simple FPS cap. The amount of random dips I've seen are staggering, not "Oh you've hit a demanding area adventurer, -10FPS" but rather "You dare walking along this generic walkway? BOOM -25FPS, fuck you." Mostly in the opening scene though.

taoofjord

Performance is pretty good here with:

i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
4 GB Ram
GTX 570

I'm running it at 1920x1200
Everything on Very High except for shading and shadows. I'm getting roughly 30 FPS average and using the recommended medium AA setting.

codhand

i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
4 GB Ram
GTX 570

Everything on Very High except for shading and shadows. I'm getting roughly 30 FPS average and using the recommended medium AA setting.

yeah, i have a slightly better machine than yours, same card, and I get a solid 30 fps,

earlier I mentioned getting 30-60 but the transitions were worse than just locking at 30, plus I get to basically max out most settings this way. I also still have triple buff and vsync via nvidia ctrl panel

Ah, ok. didnt know that.
Bit more testing today, got as far as meeting psychos woman friend, forget her name. The areas with the highest grass in new york crippled me, easily down to 20FPS, lowest of 15 :(
But then other than that, its holding okay at 30Fps. The short 'on rails' section was like 60fps too. And when you emerge into new york again after meeting the woman and the german guy, im getting about 40fps. Performance really is absolutely all over the place.

thuway

Took a break from C3 to do some other things and charged my 3d glasses while I was away. Mentally preparing myself for the eye raping that I was going to receive running C3 in 3D Nvidia Surround. Ran it in on the Medium preset and surprisingly the game was still playable in 3D Surround (all presets had 2x SMAA) enabled:

2013-02-19 22:26:17 - crysis3
Frames: 2763 - Time: 85098ms - Avg: 32.468 - Min: 27 - Max: 39

Then a little later I upped it to High settings:

2013-02-19 22:29:18 - crysis3
Frames: 11837 - Time: 485756ms - Avg: 24.368 - Min: 11 - Max: 43

Then for the hell of it I put it on Very High and was around 15-19 fps lol. Really hard to describe how incredible it looks in Surround with 3D. Probably the most immersive experience I've had in gaming. Another Surround pic:

crysis32013-02-1922-37-25-07_zpsb2e23522.png

Oculus Rift can't evolve fast enough -_-. It'll be a good 5-10 years before we can achieve this at the resolution you have with glasses affordable enough.

Vitor711

Turning off vsync did wonders for the framerate with my 660ti.

I still jave to download that 3D3 Override thing on my new computer, but the game is making me consider buying that stupid 1000$ graphics card...

Huh, really? I saw on the Giantbomb live quicklook that as soon as they turned off v-sync, their FPS shot up loads. Usually it doesn't create that much of a performance hit for me so I've always been running with it on (that and I hate tearing).

Might try disabling it to see what I get.

Currently running it at a solid 30FPS with a few rare dips to the high 20s in gameplay at 1920x1080 with a mixture of High and Very High settings on my laptop - i7-3630qm and 680m with 4GB of RAM.

KKRT00

Oculus Rift can't evolve fast enough -_-. It'll be a good 5-10 years before we can achieve this at the resolution you have with glasses affordable enough.

720p in 120fps should be achievable on Medium/High settings with Titan, maybe even with 680 on just Medium.

Varg

Banned
Just recently built a new pc and crysis 3 came with my 7970 ghz. I must say damn....... This game is beautiful . Smooth as butter multiplayer. I def have been missing out by playing on consoles this gen. Will have to pick up crysis 1 and 2 in the future.

Well that's kind of a funny story, my gaming budget for the next two months was already allocated to Persona 4 Golden, Neptunia Victory and Atelier Ayesha but I happen to have found additional 50€ in my wallet and I don't know where they came from...

Anyways that means I have no qualms about getting Crysis 3 now though what can I expected from a 6850 OC'ed and a Phenom II 955 @ 3.2ghz? The Multiplayer Beta ran really well with some tweaks though I'm not sure about the Singleplayer :/

Zeth

I've been pretty happy with single 680 performance. For MP I bump most settings down to High and get a nice locked 60 with Vsync @ 1080P with some SMAA. Vsync doesn't work so well in SP, but I've been experiencing minimal tearing with it off. As soon as I take resolution over 1080P I start to get serious framerate dips, so downsampling isn't really possible with playable framerates and max settings.

Gbraga

Well that's kind of a funny story, my gaming budget for the next two months was already allocated to Persona 4 Golden, Neptunia Victory and Atelier Ayesha but I happen to have found additional 50€ in my wallet and I don't know where they came from...

Anyways that means I have no qualms about getting Crysis 3 now though what can I expected from a 6850 OC'ed and a Phenom II 955 @ 3.2ghz? The Multiplayer Beta ran really well with some tweaks though I'm not sure about the Singleplayer :/

However you run it, you're golden.

Low:

crysis32013021922430929.png

Medium:

crysis32013021922432728.png

High:

crysis32013021922434765.png

Very High:

crysis32013021922440184.png

Not my shots

i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
4 GB Ram
GTX 570

i5-2500k, 12 GB RAM, GTX 570, 1080p
Same settings essentially + adaptive half-refresh vsync.

It's locked to 30fps and it looks pretty awesome. I'm very happy with how it's performing on my rig.

ZSeba

Huh, really? I saw on the Giantbomb live quicklook that as soon as they turned off v-sync, their FPS shot up loads. Usually it doesn't create that much of a performance hit for me so I've always been running with it on (that and I hate tearing).

Might try disabling it to see what I get.

Currently running it at a solid 30FPS with a few rare dips to the high 20s in gameplay at 1920x1080 with a mixture of High and Very High settings on my laptop - i7-3630qm and 680m with 4GB of RAM.

I have the same card on my laptop. Did you disable vsync? Which settings did you have to lower?

However you run it, you're golden.

Low:

crysis32013021922430929.png

Medium:

crysis32013021922432728.png

High:

crysis32013021922434765.png

Very High:

crysis32013021922440184.png

Not my shots

Whoa alright thanks! :D When I think of it I still have the i5 GTX660 build of a friend here till the weekend so I might aswell use it and plow through the campaign :p And yeah the added DoF effect on low is weird o.o

Wounded

Any way to get rid of the slightly odd shimmer that this game has? I even tried 8xAA but it still doesn't look right, I think it was noticeable in Far Cry 3 as well.

Vitor711

I have the same card on my laptop. Did you disable vsync? Which settings did you have to lower?

That's with v-sync enabled. Haven't got around to trying to turn it off yet.

I have SMAA on Medium (2x) and the Water and Textures on Very High. All the rest is on High. On some levels you can increase objects and shadows to Very High but that can result in some dips to the mid-20s so I don't bother.

Runs at a locked 30FPS during gameplay, with very rare dips.

MaLDo

I see that. That's an awesome detail. Did they seriously remove that at higher detail settings?! Why???

q_shaderpostprocess = 2 if you want that effect and radial dof while aiming. Advanced bokeh (q_shaderpostprocess = 3) is semibroken again.

Geoff9920

Currently Running at 1080p on a 680...

High Settings
Textures - Very High
Motion Blur - Off (There seems to be a bug with it turning back on when first loading the game.)
SMAA - High
Vsync - in game is off, but forcing adaptive vsync via Nvidia control panel

I'm very happy with the performance so far. Some slight performance dips into the 40's during some sections of the introduction level, but nothing too bad. Completely different experience than trying to play crysis 2 with my 5970 during its release... fuck that card. I expect things to get better as Nvidia puts out additional driver improvements.

ZSeba

That's with v-sync enabled. Haven't got around to trying to turn it off yet.

I have SMAA on Medium (2x) and the Water and Textures on Very High. All the rest is on High. On some levels you can increase objects and shadows to Very High but that can result in some dips to the mid-20s so I don't bother.

Runs at a locked 30FPS during gameplay, with very rare dips.

Did you overclock yout card?

Just recently built a new pc and crysis 3 came with my 7970 ghz. I must say damn....... This game is beautiful . Smooth as butter multiplayer. I def have been missing out by playing on consoles this gen. Will have to pick up crysis 1 and 2 in the future.

How's the performance? (avg fps)
Just ordered the same card.

q_shaderpostprocess = 2 if you want that effect and radial dof while aiming. Advanced bokeh (q_shaderpostprocess = 3) is semibroken again.

Maldo. Dont you find it suprising that their Amazing looking bokeh is broken again?

It look so good.. but it just doesnt work.

Zeth

Weird. I'm pretty sure I had the DOF blur on my gun in MP on high settings. Was definitely noticable on the Takedown's giant iron sights.

Hmm I wonder why the awesome bokeh/blur effect on the gun isn't present at the higher settings, I really like the look of that.

Weird. I'm pretty sure I had the DOF blur on my gun in MP on high settings. Was definitely noticable on the Takedown's giant iron sights.

that style dof is present on all setting sup to high.Very high uses their high precision bokeh implementation which looks good but is borked.

Zeth

If you guys are playing multiplayer, add me: EsotericDaemon. It would be nice to play with some gaffers.

Will do, I need some friends too. First MP FPS I've gotten into in years, going it alone is less than optimal.

zethca1234 (I didn't expect I'd ever use it when I registered :/)

Performance update:

Seems the dam level and onwards are far more optimised. Im getting 40-60fps constantly now!

Thats at very high, with shadows/shading medium. 1680x1050. Q6600, GTX 560ti 2GB, and 8Gb ram.

shandy706

Part of me is screaming to buy this (due to my gaming rig)....the other half is telling me not to pay full price for this game.

Must resist.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just a thought but have you guys tried turning off tesselation? I remember Crysis 2's implementation was absolutely comical and caused all kinds of nonsensical framedrops.

Top Bottom