• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

cameltoe

those vids are fucking insane..

edit:

I hit that dude up and he sent me his config and that gdc06 map. Man does it look amazing!

q6600@2.8
8800GT 512
2GB DDR2800

1280x720 windowed (native is 1920x1080 wasnt going there!!)
Heres some screens!!

ScreenShot0026.jpg

ScreenShot0029.jpg

ScreenShot0028.jpg

ScreenShot0034.jpg

ScreenShot0018.jpg

FirewalkR

Hey guys, I played Crysis recently and am playing Warhead now, and I was using XPx64, but decided to change to Vista64. When trying to run either game I was having the 1080p @ 24Hz problem when using the DX10 executable and my HDTV.

I have a nVidia GTX260 and while looking for a solution I saw someone who had the same problem with an ATI card and solved it in the ATI control panel by adding support manually for different modes, so I went looking in the nVidia control panel to see if I could do something similar. I managed to add a custom 1080p60 mode and now both games work properly in DX10, so here's the steps for the 181.22 drivers control panel:

1-open the nvidia control panel
2*-if you're currently at 1080p60 in Windows, change the desktop resolution to something else temporarily, like 1280x720, in Change resolution under "Display" on the task list
3-go to manage custom resolutions also under "Display"
4-(not sure if this is really needed), deselect Force HD Res. and select Allow modes not exposed by the display
5-click create, and insert 1920, 1080, 60 refresh rate and 32 bpp(bits per pixel can probably be different)
6-click test, press ok in the dialog that shows up, the "new" 1080p mode will be set and assuming all went well, it should say "if it looks correct please press yes". So press it lol.
7-you should now have the new resolutin under the Custom resolutions list.
8-exit the control panel and play the game, it should now be at 1080p60

*I needed step 2 because I was already in 1080p in the windows desktop and when I tried to test the custom resolution it'd say "test failed" or something similar, so I changed to 720p beforehand.

Before the 1080p24 problem, I was having the "game starts in window mode" and "mouse offset in the menu" problems, which I got rid of by opening the game in DX9 mode, changing to 1080p full screen, exiting and restarting in DX10 mode. After that, it was at 1080p but 24...

I'm gonna post this too in the Warhead thread. It's a bit weird because a few days ago I'd already tried Crysis in Vista64 DX10 and did not have this problem. This was a new installation (with all updates done), so I'm not sure what caused it.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
cameltoe said:
those vids are fucking insane..

edit:

I hit that dude up and he sent me his config and that gdc06 map. Man does it look amazing!

q6600@2.8
8800GT 512
2GB DDR2800

1280x720 windowed (native is 1920x1080 wasnt going there!!)
Heres some screens!!

*pretty pics*
Yeah, maybe with the next gen of videocards in Crossfire/SLI. ATM, I see that map as an unreleased game. I wouldn't want to play at those framerates or resolution. I just finished Warhead and the lowest the fps ever dropped during the whole game was 27. I hate low framerates, so I can finally say Crysis is playable on my rig at max settings. I won't try those other maps until I can get the same fps.
edit: What is funny though, is that during the GDC, Crytek said that map was running on a Radeon X1xxx videocard. It is possible, but I want to know what happened then.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CROSS POSTAN

Crysis2009-02-0221-10-46-16Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0222-37-39-93Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0222-56-51-64Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0223-26-12-61Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0223-32-07-80Large.jpg

Messin around a bit. Solid average of ~38 fps.
Using Mster config.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=28937&page=1

E7200 @ 3.8Ghz
GTX 260
4GB RAM, XP - 32bit
1680x1050

Some stuff from the "Airfield" Level of Intel's Crysis Single Player Map Pack. Fantastic stuff.

YOU SEE THAT? ALL THOSE NUMBERS YOU CAN READ IN GLORIOUS HIGH DETAIL, EVEN THOSE SMALL RED ONES HAVE LEGIBLE NUMBERS ON THEM. OH YESSSSSSSS
Not to mention actual lights :lol
Crysis2009-02-0723-15-22-71Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0723-17-28-83Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0723-17-44-41Large.jpg

Crysis2009-02-0800-06-59-64Large.jpg

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Can someone post some specs of what it would take to run this game maxed out with at least a steady 30fps. My PC chugs playing it even at the lowest settings. I installed VideoTubeStation's mod and it improved that graphics drastically but the game is unplayable starting in the snow level. I would really like to play this game maxed out. Here are my PC specs:
CPU - 2.66GHz Pentium Dual Core (not a Core 2 Duo)
GPU - 8800GT Nvidia w/512MB ram (It was overclocked from New Egg but I forgot the clockrate)
Ram - 2GB

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MadOdorMachine said:
Can someone post some specs of what it would take to run this game maxed out with at least a steady 30fps. My PC chugs playing it even at the lowest settings. I installed VideoTubeStation's mod and it improved that graphics drastically but the game is unplayable starting in the snow level. I would really like to play this game maxed out. Here are my PC specs:
CPU - 2.66GHz Pentium Dual Core (not a Core 2 Duo)
GPU - 8800GT Nvidia w/512MB ram (It was overclocked from New Egg but I forgot the clockrate)
Ram - 2GB
CCC level 3. That's what I used on my 8800GT, CPU probably isn't helping though. Turn physics low.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Hazaro said:
Thanks dude, I'll check that out. I'm new to PC gaming so I appreciate the help. Out of curiosity though, I am interested in what it would take to run Crysis at full specs without dropping below 30 fps. I imagine I'll upgrade after Windows 7 comes out, but how much of a difference does the CPU make? I've had friends tell me that clock rate matters more than how many cores or processors you have. I agree with that to an extent, but aren't newer games, particularly Crysis designed to use multiple cores? I thought I read somewhere that Crytek said Crysis was more CPU dependant thatn GPU, so I'm curious what's needed for 30 fps at max settings.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MadOdorMachine said:
Thanks dude, I'll check that out. I'm new to PC gaming so I appreciate the help. Out of curiosity though, I am interested in what it would take to run Crysis at full specs without dropping below 30 fps. I imagine I'll upgrade after Windows 7 comes out, but how much of a difference does the CPU make? I've had friends tell me that clock rate matters more than how many cores or processors you have. I agree with that to an extent, but aren't newer games, particularly Crysis designed to use multiple cores? I thought I read somewhere that Crytek said Crysis was more CPU dependant thatn GPU, so I'm curious what's needed for 30 fps at max settings.
You only need 24 fps in Crysis for it to feel like 30 fps. To me at least and I'm super sensitive to FPS changes. Even 58 on Fallout 3 instead of 60 I noticed :lol

For a solid 24 fps CCC level 3 should do the trick. So give that a shot first. I played Crysis on my 8800GTS 320MB, then 8800GT, and now once again on my GTX 260.

Zzoram

-SD- said:
Crysis MAXIMUM Edition being released in March?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73806
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/8825948/-/Product.html

Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars in one package.

It's smart to rerelease this game, since it still looks as good or better than other new releases and more people can meet the requirements now. It would be better if they released one final patch to fix the Crysis end-game bug with some ATI cards that causes it to run at 5fps regardless of settings.

:drool:

I bought Crysis for $20 during Black Friday but it runs like shit on my 7950GX2 so I uninstalled it until I can upgrade to a better card.

This thread makes the wait a lot harder.

Haunted

Goddamnit, CryEngine 2 just keeps delivering. Heads and shoulders above anything else out there. If only more devs would develop for it. *shakes fist*

dk_ said:
Wow, the Intel Airfield map is fantastic
Told you. :D

FirewalkR

Haunted said:
Goddamnit, CryEngine 2 just keeps delivering. Heads and shoulders above anything else out there. If only more devs would develop for it. *shakes fist*

Or if only more devs would do engines to push hardware as much as it does. *also shakes fist*

Rimshot

So sometime next week (probably the weekend) I'll give myself some free time to play through Crysis (which I am going to pick up during the week) for the first time! *been on laptop only for so long*

So my question is what Crysis mods are "must have" for the single player experience? A lot of the people in this thread are using Natural mod, is it a must have?

Thanks for the tips beforehand.

-SD-

Banned
Rimshot said:
So my question is what Crysis mods are "must have" for the single player experience? A lot of the people in this thread are using Natural mod, is it a must have?
Don't use any mods at all on your first play through. It's best that way.

You know I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run this for a decade or so, I'm just happy that a company will put out such an uncompromising piece of software capable of such greatness, without locking it in to a certain set limit, toning down or not including some features. I can't even imagine what will be possible in five years from the Crysis team or hell just from fans using this engine. It brings a tear to an old PC vet. This is why I love technology and leaps and bounds it makes in such short periods of time:)*

*When I get a new computer that while standard in 2019, should be able to run Crysis all crazy and maxed out, well that or after law school, the area copyright law works out and I get in it 4 to 5. :) It's that or some PS3 port, which no matter how good, won't showcase the ability of the PC version.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
bee said:
:lol
So awesome.

I'm surprised how well it pulls of the gritty look, plus all the particle effects linger nicely plus the "god rays" should help it look really nice.
-SD- said:
It's just to make it look better. I use Mster's config, only use it if you have a 4850 or 9800gtx or higher though. If not that then use CCC.

As for gameplay mods I don't think the game needs any.

-SD-

Banned
Hazaro said:
-SD- said:
It's just to make it look better.
Well, I have always thought Crysis looks best as Crytek intended, no mods needed. I have tried all the config's but after a while I always ended up returning to the original Crysis look. The balance is just right with the original visuals.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-SD- said:
Well, I have always thought Crysis looks best as Crytek intended, no mods needed. I have tried all the config's but after a while I always ended up returning to the original Crysis look. The balance is just right with the original visuals.
Mmm, the comparisons are up for those who are interested though.

Some new animations for the Lost Worlds mod as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRQmH00xOc

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-SD- said:
The amazing screenshots just keep on coming :D

Thanks for those Lost World links, Hazaro.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/26817/16b4h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
"i COULD'VE BEEN LOTS OF BUCKETS" :lol

This thread will be alive for a while since everytime someone upgrades their PC they get Crysis and find out how awesome it is. :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I gathered up a few promising mods.

Main ones being:
-StarCry (Stargate) - Has melee combat, fantastic models, good animations, nifty stuff
First level video (Showcases some enviroments and weapons, pretty early, has a stargate and light sabres): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJmWqGYcaE&fmt=18
!!! Test level video (Great animations, chainsaw gun, flamethrower, airstrikes, + ENDING WARP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngB4ZMcrnZU&fmt=18

30wpf69.png

-LostWorlds (Dinosaurs) - Has Dinosaurs!!!
-Far Cry 2 mod :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsDdEloXlQ&fmt=18
It has potential imo, obviously different enemies and better placed and acting AI.

Some other interesting WIP stuff:

Horror mod for Crysis:

churchinterior8.jpg

Octocamo :lol
14wgm4h.jpg

dlge8l.jpg

A sort of mod like "I Am Legend"
sometimesyouwishyouhadnt.jpg

Top Bottom