• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

-SD-

Banned
It's all about the ToD settings (Time of Day).

crysis_hrkduw.jpg

crysis_e0077961_49a2b3489c8a4.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
I just started playing Crysis, and without going through this HUGE thread, can anyone recommend some good mods/custom cfgs to tweak the game to look the best while running the smoothest?

Just on default everything on high and no AA I'm getting around 20-25fps. I'd like to try to get that to 30fps if possible.

Bebpo

Banned
Ignore the last post. I found the info on the previous page.

I tried the CCC and the Mster configs and the default configs and nothing changed in the benchmarking.

Stock config I get about 20fps
Stock config with 2x AA & vsync I get about 20fps
CCC lvl.2 config I get about 20fps
CCC lvl.4 config I get about 20fps
Mster config I get about 20fps

I'm guessing my cpu is really bottlenecking me. It seems weird that I see almost ZERO fps hit from no AA -> 2x AA.

This is with a 9800GTX+ 512ram and an AMD Athlon 64 4000 2.4ghz

AndresON777

shooting blanks
-viper- said:
http://www.abload.de/img/4xz2m.jpg[img]
WOAAAAAAH. MUST NOT FAP... MUST... NOT....FAP.[/QUOTE]

wow that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a video game.

I wish I wasnt so broke and could afford a nice rig

=(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ. I can't imagine Crysis with those graphics!
I bought it cheap and played it on all low settings on my mac and enjoyed the shit out of it.
I didn't think it was quite as good as Far Cry (or look as good :p ) but it was suuuuper fun.
The gunplay was amazing, as was the ability switching.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rimshot said:
So which ToD mod is the best?

Mster OR NaturalMod? Or something else even? :)
I've tried both and prefer Mster.
Bebpo said:
AMD platform is great for cheap upgrades, just toss a dualie in there.
Jtwo said:
I bought it cheap and played it on all low settings on my mac and enjoyed the shit out of it.
I didn't think it was quite as good as Far Cry (or look as good :p ) but it was suuuuper fun.
The gunplay was amazing, as was the ability switching.
Yes. The gameplay is good. :D

Does Crysis support 1920x1080 resolution or would I have to run it at a lower supported resolution. I have a Westinghouse 37w3 and would love to see how Crysis looks on it.

MWS Natural said:
Does Crysis support 1920x1080 resolution or would I have to run it at a lower supported resolution. I have a Westinghouse 37w3 and would love to see how Crysis looks on it.

It supports it. You better have an absolute beast of a computer to run it well at that though.

Haunted

Bebpo said:
Ignore the last post. I found the info on the previous page.

I tried the CCC and the Mster configs and the default configs and nothing changed in the benchmarking.

Stock config I get about 20fps
Stock config with 2x AA & vsync I get about 20fps
CCC lvl.2 config I get about 20fps
CCC lvl.4 config I get about 20fps
Mster config I get about 20fps

I'm guessing my cpu is really bottlenecking me. It seems weird that I see almost ZERO fps hit from no AA -> 2x AA.

:/

Is that a single core? If so, it's probably holding back your excellent 9800. I had slightly better performance (~25-30ish on CCC level 4) with my 8800GT - a dual core makes the difference.

edit: whoops, didn't see the post was kinda old already - sorry. :p

L0st Id3ntity said:
Can someone please name/link me to the best mod levels for Crysis? There are hundreds of choices at crymod.
Did you try the intel map pack yet? Some good SP levels in there.

Bebpo

Banned
I upgraded my computer and whereas I used to get about the same fps on stock Crysis, CCC cfg, and mster cfg, now I'm getting really radically different results and not in the way I expected.

Stock Crysis cfg with everything on high gives 53fps with no AA, 48 fps with 2x AA, and 43 fps with 4x AA.
CCC level 4 gives 34 fps with no AA and 30 fps with 2x AA
Mster cfg quality gives 45 fps with no AA and 40 fps with 2x AA

I thought the point of the custom cfgs were that you get fps boosts over stock Crysis cfg without taking graphical hits?

I want to replay Crysis with this new rig now, but with those numbers I'm probably just going to play it stock. I used Mster cfg the first time I played through it at ~15-25fps.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Bebpo said:
I upgraded my computer and whereas I used to get about the same fps on stock Crysis, CCC cfg, and mster cfg, now I'm getting really radically different results and not in the way I expected.

I want to replay Crysis with this new rig now, but with those numbers I'm probably just going to play it stock. I used Mster cfg the first time I played through it at ~15-25fps.
Mster Mster Mster :D

AH great timing for this thread to reappear, now that i'm getting an up to date pc I plan to buy the Crysis Maximum Edition so I have both the expansion and MP extras in one package.

No idea how the pc will hold out but 30fps in 720p is all I need.

Is the MP community quite large or still active in this game?

Bebpo

Banned
Hazaro said:
Mster Mster Mster :D

Actually, I tried CCC2.1 instead of the 1.3 I was using and it blows Mster away in framerate unfortunately.

Level 5 with motion blur and all gets me 50fps at 4x AA, Level 3 is 110fps at 4x AA
Meanwhile I tried Mster again and at quality settings with 4x AA it's 33fps.

Basically stock Crysis and CCC2.1 get me about 60fps with good AA, and Mster gets me about 30fps with good AA.

I do agree Mster looks the best because of the lighting it uses. But I already played the game with Mster once and saw that version of all the levels. Won't hurt to try a different look :p

Now just have to decide on whether to use original Crysis lighting, which I still haven't seen because I used Mster 1st play, or use the Time of Day lighting that comes with CCC.

Darklord

Banned
Could someone recommend me a few must have mods? I'm getting Crysis in the next few days, along with my i7 PC and I really want to try a few of those mods that make it look even better ect.

Edit: Oh yeah.

Do you think Crysis will be able to max(at 1080p, using DX10) on a 920 i7, 6GB ram, GTX260 216 896(?)mb running on Vista64 SP1? Or am I kidding myself here?

Hazaro said:
So I gathered up a few promising mods.

Main ones being:
-StarCry (Stargate) - Has melee combat, fantastic models, good animations, nifty stuff
First level video (Showcases some enviroments and weapons, pretty early, has a stargate and light sabres): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJmWqGYcaE&fmt=18
!!! Test level video (Great animations, chainsaw gun, flamethrower, airstrikes, + ENDING WARP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngB4ZMcrnZU&fmt=18

30wpf69.png
This looks really really promising, my God :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Bebpo said:
Actually, I tried CCC2.1 instead of the 1.3 I was using and it blows Mster away in framerate unfortunately.

Now just have to decide on whether to use original Crysis lighting, which I still haven't seen because I used Mster 1st play, or use the Time of Day lighting that comes with CCC.
Interesting. I disliked the mod that came with CCC.

Starcry put new videos up!
http://starcry.media-pixel.net/videos.php

Grapple hooks, dialogue system, DRONES! (With dismemberment + crawling!)
This mod looks better and better.

Hazaro said:
Interesting. I disliked the mod that came with CCC.

Starcry put new videos up!
http://starcry.media-pixel.net/videos.php

Grapple hooks, dialogue system, DRONES! (With dismemberment + crawling!)
This mod looks better and better.
Wait what, they're making multiplayer levels that have nothing to do with stargate, but as a sort of racegame... wtf :lol
But seriously, what is up with all the Gears of War stuff? It's really cool and all, but it has nothing to do with Stargate... Same goes for the Star Wars battledroid. Don't care much for the grappling hook either, unless they really fix it and polish it.
I do however really love the dialog system.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So my PC crashed, installed Windows 7 64 bit now (finally I'll be able to use all of my memory for CryEditor lol) and need some advice on what to install in the custom tweaks department. I had some before the crash, but they were outdated, any tips? (I'm searching for them, but there are so many custom tweaks, it's hard to choose)

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I decided to play again, and with some graphics mods this time! Let me just say that CCC is fug. Pure fug. Colors are all fucked up and it doesn't even draw shadows for your flashlight!

I then tried this thing:
thread.php

Holy shit. Awesome. Did pretty much everything I wanted from one of these suckers without fucking up the colors and doing other weird shit.

-SD-

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
I then tried this thing:
thread.php
Shadows are too dark for my taste and shadow edges stand out too much on water. I have always preferred the default Very High settings.

Yeah... I don't like CCC either.

@BobsRevenge: Hmm, don't really fancy it. I've seen some amazing screenshots of amazing TOD's, I'm searching something with that quality.

Edit: Well couldn't really find a better one, since most really fuck up the color etc, so installed it anyway. Am still looking for something better though.

Darklord

Banned
Is there anywhere I can download the sandbox? I just get an "Error: 1304 Writing file Verify that you have access to that director."(I should) when I try and install it off the disc.

Darklord said:
Is there anywhere I can download the sandbox? I just get an "Error: 1304 Writing file Verify that you have access to that director."(I should) when I try and install it off the disc.
If you want I can upload and send it to you, just pm me if you want it.

jett

D-Member
All right, I have Crysis in my posession! I'm running it with most everything at high and at a decent framerate, so I guess that's nice enough. Graphically it's pretty neat although I'm not blown away to be honest. LOD is one aggressive little bitch. The game is GREAT so far though, reminds me a lot of sneaking around in MGS3.

So uh, I know you guys are into custom configs and whatnot. What do you recommend?

Not too long now before Maximum edition is out, can't wait to play this game after so long. Also I don't think I got an answer before but is multiplayer in this game still fairly active?

BobsRevenge

jett said:
All right, I have Crysis in my posession! I'm running it with most everything at high and at a decent framerate, so I guess that's nice enough. Graphically it's pretty neat although I'm not blown away to be honest. LOD is one aggressive little bitch. The game is GREAT so far though, reminds me a lot of sneaking around in MGS3.

So uh, I know you guys are into custom configs and whatnot. What do you recommend?
If you use the one I posted, like, 5 or so posts above yours here you'll see a good one. Really cuts down on the LOD stuff. Definitely check it out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I personally like Mster config.

Make sure to check out the Intel user map pack some posts above you, great stuff.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I recently upgraded from a Pentium D 2.66GHz w/2 cores to a Core 2 Duo @3GHz. I can't believe what a difference that made. I've probably played through Crysis at least 3 times and it's never looked this good. I'm using an 800GT GPU. Now I finally see what everyone else is talking about though. Crysis looks incredible, especially with all the mods. I was shocked when I put in Warhead too. It actually looks better than Crysis without the mods. I can't wait to see what they come out with next. This has been the best FPS I've played in a long time. It reminds me a lot of the first two Turok games on N64.

jett

D-Member
BobsRevenge said:
If you use the one I posted, like, 5 or so posts above yours here you'll see a good one. Really cuts down on the LOD stuff. Definitely check it out.

Hazaro said:
I personally like Mster config.

Make sure to check out the Intel user map pack some posts above you, great stuff.

Thanks for the answers guys...will these configs make the run game faster too?

BobsRevenge

jett said:
What I posted won't. It will look better than Very High, but it'll run about the same.

I'm not sure about mster, because I've never used it. I'm not a fan of what it does with the colors.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
jett said:
Mster gives you High frames while giving you above vHigh detail.

Not sure about the other one.

I haven't tried the other mod, only CCC + Mster

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just picked up the Maximum Edition today.

As far as the packaging goes, it's shit. Everything is slapped into a normal sized DVD case. Both the standard Crysis and Crysis Warhead manuals are shoved in there, and it's 3 discs on a single spindle. It's almost like they took a copy of Crysis and Crysis Warhead, gutted them, and slapped the guts into a single DVD case.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I beat Crysis and Crysis Warhead since getting the Maximum Edition.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

I was expecting a couple good fps games with gorgeous graphics.

What I got was a couple fucking fantastic fps games with gorgeous graphics.

The open environments and suit powers give you so many freaking options to approach any situation. Cloaking to mess with enemies is hilarious and fun. Modifying your weapons is awesome. All of the guns are fun to shoot. Graphics are gorgeous, of course. Lots of intense set pieces. I have a few complaints about a couple of sections (mostly in the first game) but overall just a fantastic experience.

Both of these games are amongst the best single player FPS shooters ever, and a personal favorite of mine. Better than Bioshock. Better than Half-Life 2.

Nikorasu

ZealousD said:
So I beat Crysis and Crysis Warhead since getting the Maximum Edition.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

I was expecting a couple good fps games with gorgeous graphics.

What I got was a couple fucking fantastic fps games with gorgeous graphics.

The open environments and suit powers give you so many freaking options to approach any situation. Cloaking to mess with enemies is hilarious and fun. Modifying your weapons is awesome. All of the guns are fun to shoot. Graphics are gorgeous, of course. Lots of intense set pieces. I have a few complaints about a couple of sections (mostly in the first game) but overall just a fantastic experience.

Both of these games are amongst the best single player FPS shooters ever, and a personal favorite of mine. Better than Bioshock. Better than Half-Life 2.

Preach it, brah.

Brah's, you gots to try the Real Lifeis mod, its off the hook.
even as i am wowed on a continual basis with 3d vision, that mod makes my jaw hit the floor.

heopfully we will get a release that supports Warhead.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
ZealousD said:

Is it better than the CoD4 single player campaign?

Top Bottom