• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered (XBLA/PSN) screenshots released [Up: New gameplay video]

Nizz

PaddyOCanager said:
Saw the pics, thought it looked great. Then read the first few posts and felt bad about myself.

As someone who has beat the original Crysis/Warhead at least eight times, I'm super excited for this. I can't wait to try this out on my ps3.
Same, PS3 version for me also. I just really hope Crytek managed to use the knowledge working on Crysis 2 for the consoles to do better optimization for Crysis 1. I really loved playing Crysis 2 but the framerate early on and throughout some spots later on was disappointing.

As much as I loved the motion blur in C2, if they need to tone it down for better performance for C1 then they should go for it.

Fuck man, I'm excited to finally try this!

KageMaru

mclaren777 said:
I really hope the PS3 version of this game isn't limited by Microsoft's 2GB cap on XBLA games.

Sorry, this is exactly what's going to happen.

=p Not really, read the thread next time, will be GoD game most likely.

Pranay

Well A site did Comparision of the PC Version with these screenshots

We decided to compare some recently released screenshots of the console version and what we did was fire up our beastly PC and compared the exact locations. Mind you we made the resolution 720p but with all the settings on high.
There have been some interesting findings. The lighting on the console is definitely better due to gamma corrected HDR and a better color palette. Of course the PC version is going to smoke the console version due to the RAM advantage and hence we see better draw distance and tremendous amount of vegetation even at 720p on the PC. However, the console versions do not look that shabby and we think it will actually be graphically decent.
There are a lot of tiny details visible from these screenshots, please tell us in the comments section if you find any. We would love to hear it.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Source - Gamingbolt http://gamingbolt.com/crysis-console-vs-pc-comparison-which-version-looks-better

The rest of the screenshots are not compared with the exact location so i didnt bother posting them

Grinchy

Banned
If the above shots run at 30fps, then I call that a success for the consoles.

If the bottom shots are something my PC could run at 30fps+, I need to buy Crysis on PC already.

strata8

Pranay_ said:
Well A site did Comparision of the PC Version with these screenshots
That's the wrong spot, actually. Console shot is taken in 'Recovery' but the PC shot was taken in 'Contact'.

EDIT: I can't believe they even got that spot with the boat in Contact wrong. smh

Pranay

NotTarts said:
That's the wrong spot, actually. Console shot is taken in 'Recovery' but the PC shot was taken in 'Contact'.

EDIT: I can't believe they even got that spot with the boat in Contact wrong. smh

Yeah
i
The ones which i felt looked the same i posted them here

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
guys, what happened to Crymod? I can't find it >_< , where can I get mods for crysis 1?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alxjn said:
It's been changed to CryDev.net since the release of the SDK.

I dropped by crydev.net really quick and from the looks of it it just looked like a forum I couldn't find any comprehensive list of mods. Guess I've gotta look closer.

edit : nope, can't find shit for the life of me. Anyone care to help out and point me in the direction of a list of crysis 1 mods + download links? Thanks

Alxjn

Corky said:
I dropped by crydev.net really quick and from the looks of it it just looked like a forum I couldn't find any comprehensive list of mods. Guess I've gotta look closer.

edit : nope, can't find shit for the life of me. Anyone care to help out and point me in the direction of a list of crysis 1 mods + download links? Thanks

Yeh, that's weird, they've decided to hide the 'downloads' link at the very bottom of the page...

Here's a link if you still can't find it though.
http://www.crydev.net/downloads.php

rvy

Banned
Ugh, new lighting is colorful to the point of goofiness. It's a shame these game aren't 720p, MSAA and running at 60fps on consoles. Unfortunately Crytek aren't magicians.

Metal-Geo

Personally I don't think it looks all too bad either. Hopefully it plays swell too. It's great console gamers (well, except you Wii folks!) can finally experience Crysis. Next to its marvelous graphics, I really, really enjoyed the gameplay side of it as well. All of it.
Well, okay, the final boss became a bit of a frustration.

-SD-

Banned
Gamingbolt said:
The lighting on the console is definitely better due to gamma corrected HDR and a better color palette.
NO and NO.

Console ToD is terrible and makes Crysis look ugly. PC Crysis has the perfect ToD design. If there will be a PC Crysis remake with this console ToD I'm going to rage like no one has raged before.

strata8

-SD- said:
NO and NO.

Console ToD is terrible and makes Crysis look ugly. PC Crysis has the perfect ToD design. If there will be a PC Crysis remake with this console ToD I'm going to rage like no one has raged before.
The default ToD is far too muted for me. It's a consequence of having to design the ToD to look decent on both LDR and HDR. I mean, without the colourgrading of very high it doesn't look very good at all:
crysisdemokc8.png

NBtoaster said:
It's a convincing replica of high/very high Crysis until you compare screens.

Yeah, they went back and put in Crysis2's object-based motion blur. So awesome as yeah, you either ran buggy hacked DX9 version of it or framerate killing DX10 in original PC Crysis.

NinjaBoiX

Foliorum Viridum said:
I've never done this before, it's taken me nearly 10k posts!

angular graphics
(Today, 01:30 AM)
It's all good dude, you waited till it made perfect sense. I hate tools who randomly name/tag quote with only the slimmest, if any, relevance. It is generally, "OK, you got me. But I want the last word, so, uh, *que pointless, irrelevant name/tag quote*, hurr hurr, I'm such a smartass!"

In topic, Crysis 1 looks great on console. Tried on PC, but M&KB tied my fingers in knots. This should work great with the "gimped" (read "fixed") console controls. Can't wait!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Metroid-Squadron said:
Compared to the PC version is certainly inferior. Compared to other console games it looks top tier, particularly lighting and post-processing wise.

As always it depends on the point of view.
Yes, it doesn't offer everything we saw in the PC version, but shots like this suggest that it's a lot closer than anyone could have expected. All of the effects that were only available in "Very High" on the PC are in effect in this version. The real loss comes in the form of object detail and textures. The textures appear remarkably sharp, but they lack POM and are likely downgraded in some areas. Object detail is obvious as they simply can't draw as many objects on screen. The lighting and post processing almost make up for that, though.

I mean, compared to vanilla Crysis, it really looks great.

904Kj.jpg

crysis_high.jpg

strata8

dark10x said:
Yes, it doesn't offer everything we saw in the PC version, but shots like this suggest that it's a lot closer than anyone could have expected. All of the effects that were only available in "Very High" on the PC are in effect in this version. The real loss comes in the form of object detail and textures. The textures appear remarkably sharp, but they lack POM and are likely downgraded in some areas. Object detail is obvious as they simply can't draw as many objects on screen. The lighting and post processing almost make up for that, though.

I mean, compared to vanilla Crysis, it really looks great.
Wow, just noticed the new rock textures in that shot. Wouldn't you know, actually looks like a rock now :p

EDIT: :O :O :O :O

http://presse.ea.com/pics.asp?exc=0&i=3089

High quality video!

I am not exactly sure why people are comparing it to "vanilla"...the console version is released in 2011...I can't see how anybody who plays crysis on the pc these days would do so with the original settings...it does indeed look pretty bland, especially in the daylight scenes, and has terrible pop in

It definitely looks like a pretty impressive port, and I agree that the effects included may even elevate this above high settings...but the vast majority of screens in this thread from the pc version do not represent the game at its best...or at least look far worse than what I played with all the bells and whistles

Having said that, if I hadn't started hooking my laptop up to my 22 inch monitor, I probably would have copped this...No real point now since my laptop is pretty powerful (GTX 485)

Rainy Dog

Hope the PS3 version isn't slightly horizontally stretched like Crysis 2. Found that really off-putting. Also hope it doesn't default to upscale to 1080p again either, as Crysis 2 on the PS3 both looked and ran better when forced to 720p.

Otherwise, those 360 direct screens look fine to me. Quite impressed. Looking forward to finally getting to play this properly.

Rainy Dog said:
Hope the PS3 version isn't slightly horizontally stretched like Crysis 2. Found that really off-putting. Also hope it doesn't default to upscale to 1080p again either, as Crysis 2 on the PS3 both looked and ran better when forced to 720p.

This is why i never double dipped on the PS3 version. That and I hear the framerate get's pretty bad

amdnv

Y2Kev said:
It looks passable. Are they going to shit it up with that awful TAA garbage?
From what I can tell the screenshots posted on page 1 are native 1080p with some crappy post-AA filter. These don't look upscaled.

I don't like the new lighting as much in some of the new shots. They look too bright.

In Crysis 2 the bloom was horrible and everything was so shiney, so it doesn't surprise me.

wwm0nkey

Gaspode_T said:
Pretty sure this is not XBLA...depends how many achievement points it has but if it is 1000 it is not XBLA...
Games on Demand Title just like RE4. If a game sells more than a million it can be put on GoD regardless if it was originally on the 360 or not.

(That is what I heard from Just Add Water when talking about Strangers Wrath HD on the 360)

CozMick

Banned
I'm just gonna come out and say it....

The 360 footage with the new lighting looks a lot better than vanilla PC version.

The master race can keep there extra 30fps and resolution, that shit looks hot on consoles.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It looks way better than Crysis on medium, but kind of cut down compared to Crysis on higher settings, mainly in the foliage. In any case, it's pretty impressive and is way beyond what I thought possible.

Mengetsu

Radec said:
Wow, so this is what remastered means when a great looking PC game ported on consoles.

meh..

No no...Remastered means more money to Crytek/EA silly. No matter how much people will say about graphics this will sell so it doesn't mean much to the company.

Top Bottom