• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered (XBLA/PSN) screenshots released [Up: New gameplay video]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The 720p ones look a lot better. Let's hope that's indicative of the actual visual quality when it comes out.

Dacon said:
I hope they didn't remove god rays to try and get more performance.
The godrays were shown several times in the 360 trailer.

Dacon

Banned
RoboPlato said:
The 720p ones look a lot better. Let's hope that's indicative of the actual visual quality when it comes out.

The godrays were shown several times in the 360 trailer.

Haven't watched because currently operating on shit connection.

Like, REALLY shit.

Dacon

Banned
Tbh as long as the game is reasonably balanced between attractiveness and performance I'm all for buying it again on 360.

Just don't gimp the suit. I would take the radial wheel from using 360 controller on the pc version over nixing entire suit modes.

-GOUKI-

pixelbox said:
Yeah you could slightly see it in that picture with the mountain in the back. But there's no SSAO.
Errr i'd say its far too hard to judge with these screens. SSAO was present in Crysis 2 on consoles and in many other games as well. I don't see why it wouldn't be in here.

JJD

I would probably be happy with the 360 version............................................................running on the PS3!

I know this won't happen...

KageMaru

Oh look another thread for the PC elitist to troll.

V_Ben said:
It better bloody run at a solid framerate on BOTH consoles this time Crytek.

Outside of the usual engine optimization done over time, Crytek should be able to benefit from knowing each version will be running on a HDD and not bother with disc seek speeds and such.

PumpkinPie said:
I said I would buy it earlier in the thread but I've just remembered the horrible AI, I think I'll give it a miss after all.

The AI in both Crysis games has its quirks, but if you use the word horrible to describe it, I assume you are talking about Crysis 2. Since this is a CryEngine 3 title I assume it'll inherit a lot of systems built for Crysis 2, so.. yeah.

Kibbles

So is this releasing under Xbox Originals or something? Because isn't there an Arcade cap limit that prevented some other game from being released?

Cruzader

Banned
hot damn, multiple wars going on.

ps3 vs 360.
vita vs 3ds
crysis 360 vs crysis pc master race
crysis 360 blurry trailer vs direct feed crysis pc.

I swear if crytek can't make a decent running game next gen then they should stick to pc only. Their bitching is ridiculous "omg we need 8gb ram and the power of 5 graphic cards or else we suck donkey dick" its called being adaptable devs and competent. Gonna skip this since it looks to me like the far cry port done on the OG Xbox which was horrible port and later I think another version was released on 360 but I may be wrong. Thing is I feel its just like a quick cash grab. I'll just wait till its like $5 or get it later on pc.

KageMaru

Shurs said:
Bottom Line:

For a downloadable console game, the graphics are wonderful.

IMO it looks wonderful as a console game, period. Considering the scope of the game, these graphics are great for console.

Kibbles said:
So is this releasing under Xbox Originals or something? Because isn't there an Arcade cap limit that prevented some other game from being released?

Unless they removed the 2GB cap, these games are likely going to be GoD, just like the RE Revival games.

Tain

Cruzader said:
hot damn, multiple wars going on.

ps3 vs 360.
vita vs 3ds
crysis 360 vs crysis pc master race
crysis 360 blurry trailer vs direct feed crysis pc.

I swear if crytek can't make a decent running game next gen then they should stick to pc only. Their bitching is ridiculous "omg we need 8gb ram and the power of 5 graphic cards or else we suck donkey dick" its called being adaptable devs and competent. Gonna skip this since it looks to me like the far cry port done on the OG Xbox which was horrible port and later I think another version was released on 360 but I may be wrong. Thing is I feel its just like a quick cash grab. I'll just wait till its like $5 or get it later on pc.

There was no Far Cry Xbox port. Just some out-of-nowhere Ubisoft game with the Far Cry name.

pakkit

Banned
I think people aren't recognizing that this is an XBLA/PSN game. And as such, it looks damn good. I hope the game translates well. Any cut content from the original will get slammed to high hell.

P.S. Crysis 2 ran well for me on 360.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Good for a downloadable game?, this looks amazing for a full retail game imo, how many 360 games out there look better than this? 5, 6?, perhaps I'm getting less fussy as I get older but considering the hardware it's running on I'm genuinely impressed by those screens, I hope it has good motion blur, probably the same as Crysis 2's I imagine.

Kibbles

KageMaru said:
IMO it looks wonderful as a console game, period. Considering the scope of the game, these graphics are great for console.

Unless they removed the 2GB cap, these games are likely going to be GoD, just like the RE Revival games.
Ahh Games on Demand that's what I meant.

Compared to the PC version is certainly inferior. Compared to other console games it looks top tier, particularly lighting and post-processing wise.

As always it depends on the point of view.

Tain

lowrider007 said:
Good for a downloadable game?, this looks amazing for a full retail game imo, how many 360 games out there look better than this?

For sure. I mean, this game's not going to be tiny, data-wise. There's really no "for a downloadable game" to it.

How do the Serious Sam remakes look on 360? They're pretty gorgeous on PC.

Red

Laughing Banana said:
Really? Who in the right mind would actually believe that the today's family of consoles can go hand in hand with a high-end PC in terms of graphical capabilities? I think it is very safe to say that none of us "console peasants" really expect that our consoles can push up graphical fidelity like that when we heard games like Crysis developed for our platforms. Who is going to 'pretend' what here?

The notion that Crytek suddenly "not an AAA developer anymore" just because they put their games on consoles, etc etc, for example, it's just ridiculous.

...But I realize this will perhaps lead into yet another pointless fanboyish debate, so I'll stop, I apologize.

Anyways, no retail?
There are numerous posts in this thread and throughout the forum arguing that games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone look better equal to or better than what can be found on PC.

You say "who in their right mind" though, so maybe that's the sticking point.

witness

Will absolutely get, only played the original at demo stations years ago at GDC and I've never bought a gaming pc since.

matmanx1

I'm glad Crytek is putting this game on XBLA and PSN for those folks who never got to enjoy it on the PC. It's tons of fun and for a downloadable title the graphics are more than fine. I imagine the price will be $20 or less and for that you really can't go wrong. As long as the port is solid I would have no trouble recommending this to any of my shooter buddies who are console only.

Looks pretty damn good considering its pedigree of performance needed on PC. It was never really going to match PC's high end settings which are still some of the best graphics out there all these years later, above consoles settings sure, but its still a looker.

And you know what, it happens to be also an awesome game.

I'm more of a vista and setpiece kind of guy over technical prowess in FPSes. Anything like that in this game or is super high settings and such all that matters to you folks who already played it? Serious question. All I've seen was some standard, albeit realistic, jungly areas.

I guess if I had a gaming pc and took the time and money to upgrade it, I'd be all over whatever game would justify it too. Not being sarcastic. It's just personally, I haven't seen anything that wows me beyond looking near photorealistic. (not what impresses me when it comes to graphics in games)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mclaren777 said:
I really hope the PS3 version of this game isn't limited by Microsoft's 2GB cap on XBLA games.

There's no way they're gonna get Crysis under 2GB. Resident Evil 4, a Gamecube game, exceeded the 2GB XBLA limit. It'll be a GoD title.

Red

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I'm more of a vista and setpiece kind of guy over technical prowess in FPSes. Anything like that in this game or is super high settings and such all that matters to you folks who already played it? Serious question. All I've seen was some standard, albeit realistic, jungly areas.

I guess if I had a gaming pc and took the time and money to upgrade it, I'd be all over whatever game would justify it too. Not being sarcastic. It's just personally, I haven't seen anything that wows me beyond looking near photorealistic. (not what impresses me when it comes to graphics in games)
There are some excellent set piece moments. I don't know what's alright to talk about since some console players may not yet have played it, but it's got a lot more variety than Crysis 2.

The jungle levels are only the beginning of the game, really. You've got huge tank fights in semi-open fields, a shoot out in a shipyard, a firefight at the foot of a mountain, a trek through an enemy-occupied mine, a zero-G alien environment, a backtrack through the forest once it's been frozen, a level played wholly piloting a VTOL, and a boss fight aboard a military ship.

Here's an example of a level that looks amazing, is a nice gameplay change of pace, and is rarely mentioned.

Kinyou

mclaren777 said:
I really hope the PS3 version of this game isn't limited by Microsoft's 2GB cap on XBLA games.
I'm pretty sure that there is no way without the game breaking the cap. Or it will be promoted as a game on demand instead of XBLA

Tain

MoonsaultSlayer said:

You get standard, realistic, gorgeous jungle areas (love 'em so much), some beautiful ice scenes,
a pretty alien ship
, and some others. Tagged just in case. I'm a total sucker for the beach/jungle stuff.

I was very interested in this game after playing a demo even when I had an awful PC, though. No hardware justification was going on.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
looks awesome. my pc obviously sucks ass, and i've always wanted to play this. crytek receives more money, pc users get to maintain their sense of superiority, i get to slum it on consoles. everybody wins!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Crunched said:
There are numerous posts in this thread and throughout the forum arguing that games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone look better equal to or better than what can be found on PC.

You say "who in their right mind" though, so maybe that's the sticking point.

I don't see anyone insinuating that the graphics on this game in consoles is surpassing/is on par with the highest level a high-end PC can produce. It's just probably better than PC games low to medium settings. And yes, if the low and probably medium settings screens posted here are any indication, stuff like Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3 are definitely better looking/more pleasant to the eye.

The graphical fidelity of PC gaming vary greatly anyway, what's with different specs and horsepower and such forth, though of course the very best of it is currently unmatched.

If I am mistaken about this, feel free to correct me.

Crunched said:
There are some excellent set piece moments. I don't know what's alright to talk about since some console players may not yet have played it, but it's got a lot more variety than Crysis 2.

The jungle levels are only the beginning of the game, really. You've got huge tank fights in semi-open fields, a shoot out in a shipyard, a firefight at the foot of a mountain, a trek through an enemy-occupied mine, a zero-G alien environment, a backtrack through the forest once it's been frozen, a level played wholly piloting a VTOL, and a boss fight aboard a military ship.

Here's an example of a level that looks amazing, is a nice gameplay change of pace, and is rarely mentioned.
Thank you. I guess that's what happens when there's a twist that completely changes everything. You can only show so much without revealing too much. Thanks again for the reply and piqueing my interest.

Red

Laughing Banana said:
I don't see anyone insinuating that the graphics on this game in consoles is surpassing/is on par with the highest level a high-end PC can produce. It's just probably better than PC games low to medium settings. And yes, if the low and probably medium settings screens posted here are any indication, stuff like Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3 are definitely better looking/more pleasant to the eye.

The graphical fidelity of PC gaming vary greatly anyway, what's with different specs and horsepower and such forth.

If I am mistaken about this, feel free to correct me.
Well yes, that's the entire point. PCs can scale graphics and consoles can't. This is a good thing in some cases, as it allows games as visually appealing as Uncharted 2 to be produced by optimizing for a specific configuration of hardware. But it doesn't allow for, say, something like the original release of Crysis, where future hardware could be targeted and performance and visuals could improve as time went on.

With a PC, you can achieve perfect levels of IQ, the type of thing that is impossible on a console.

We aren't disagreeing fundamentally. But "low to medium" settings on PC are variable; you can mix and match your settings to achieve a visual look you're happy with, and performance you find acceptable for your current hardware. Even if you are playing with universally "medium" settings, you can apply various AA solutions on top of that to increase image fidelity. Impossible on consoles.

Something that's usually forgotten in the long console vs. PC debate is the fact that PC settings can scale. There's always this argument (from both sides!) as if high-end PC settings are all that exists, when that is simply not the case. You can build an affordable PC and play games with lowered settings, often still with better technical visuals than consoles, without hitting that ultimate ceiling of graphical quality. You can do this to improve your performance. Conversely, you can sacrifice performance if sheer visual quality is what you desire. It's not a one-size-fits-all solution, as consoles are.

Some of it is up to subjective preference in the form of art design, but there's always a deluded contingent of users here who somehow try to rationalize good looking console games as being objectively superior to maxed out PC titles (angular graphics, cinematic 24fps, etc -- you surely know the arguments).

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Thank you. I guess that's what happens when there's a twist that completely changes everything. You can only show so much without revealing too much. Thanks again for the reply and piqueing my interest.
The following level is a spoiler, again as a setting that gets ignored in favor of the jungle, but remains one of the most visually spectacular environments in gaming.

feel

Those 720p ones look fantastic!! My only worry is framerate and if all the little cool details will be there, like all the animals from the last page.

Raitosaito said:
The butthurt in this thread is hilarious.

And the console version better have sharks.

Well what do you expect?
The PC's biggest exclusive, the one that was said to be only possible on high end PCs.

Now a 6+ year old hardware is able to run it better & look better than what most of the current PC hardware could when it was initially released.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
See You Next Wednesday said:
Now a 6+ year old hardware is able to run it better & look better than what most of the current PC hardware could when it was initially released.
be careful throwing tenses around like that, you're gonna hurt someone.

Relatively speaking, I think it looks fantastic.

Can't wait for yet another playthrough (^___^)

Also, really impressed by how my foliage they managed to get in there. Shit ain't cheap!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Now a 6+ year old hardware is able to run it better & look better than what most of the current PC hardware could when it was initially released....

...four years ago.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

What. Ever.

Dacon

Banned

Yeah, not really....

bhlaab

Well what do you expect?
The PC's biggest exclusive, the one that was said to be only possible on high end PCs.

Yes this looks better than most current PC hardware did in the past, currently four years ago. But in the future? The past, as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Frankfurt said:
Wednesday not only touched a (butt pain) nerve, he guaranteed this thread will go twice as long as it originally would.

No, he just needed to be corrected. That's been taken care of, so let's move on.

Saw the pics, thought it looked great. Then read the first few posts and felt bad about myself.

As someone who has beat the original Crysis/Warhead at least eight times, I'm super excited for this. I can't wait to try this out on my ps3.

Top Bottom