• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Bearers E3 Trailer

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Looks neat.
Keeping an eye on this.

Looks to be a pretty good holiday season for me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Urban Scholar said:
Really hoping we see this in late 09 instead of early 2010

The Nintendo release list on their site says Q4 2009.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
J-Rock said:
E3 09: Opening Sequence Gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-final-fantasy/50422

Damn that looks nice.
Thanks, it shows some stuff that wasn't in the other video and gives a better impression too. Still think they should have put a field area in the demo.

The city looks lively, I like it. Love it when he pass near a fat lady and she goes "!" and
2v3ovn4.gif

That [Breaking News] that crosses the screen is a nice feature for knowing what's going on in the city.

Zeenbor

I saw this at the show yesterday and I REALLY liked what I saw. It kind of reminded me of the first few minutes of Escaflowne: The Movie.

I'll play it today instead of watching it. :D

Fuu

Zeenbor said:
I saw this at the show yesterday and I REALLY liked what I saw. It kind of reminded me of the first few minutes of Escaflowne: The Movie.

I'll play it today instead of watching it. :D
Nice, come back with impressions. :)

schuelma

DeaconKnowledge said:
Slightly OT, but when is Square's Press conference today?

I'm expecting a particular announcement..

2 P.M Eastern time I believe. You have faith in Cassassassassasssassassasassamina?

J-Rock

Banned
GDGF said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363906

Some nice raves in there. This game is going to be awesome.

FF CC The Crystal Bearers:

This is a ballsy square-enix right here. You read that right. High production values, heave ( and i mean HEAVY) story emphasis abd yet fresh and unique gameplay. The demo starts with the cruise attack you see on trailers, follows with you skydiving through the air, piloting the ship until you crash right into the city crystal-castle thing you all have seen in the trailers. There you get acquainted with the controls. Its a Zelda with telekinesis basically. And it seems to work beautifully. My only problem is the camera control, which is mapped to the directional cross, but it certainly is no deal-breaker. The graphics are knock out gorgeous tw. The texture quality is superb, dont believe the badly compressed trailer.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Throwing fools in this game is good shit. Pretty solid gameplay. I concur with CrisKre in his impressions. Awesome game.

I'll take some vids tomorrow, but from what I've played today... I was really impressed. Again, controls were easy to jump into kinda like S&P, and there was a Zelda-like feel to it. Gameplay was fun considering you're grabbing and chucking stuff all over the place.

I played The Crystal Bearers, and there's no doubt that there was a lot of effort put into this game. The part I played was of the main character controlling this ship, and you had to steer it so it wouldn't crash into the rock walls on either side. Meanwhile, as you crash more and more, this girl becomes more and more frantic, starting off with screaming and eventually ending up with comments like "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" It looks like the Wii remote is there for pointer controls mostly. You pick things (or people) up and throw them. Aaaand that's about as far as I got. Good voice acting, though.

Sounds awesome.

Penguin

DeaconKnowledge said:
Slightly OT, but when is Square's Press conference today?

I'm expecting a particular announcement..

I swore, someone on the IGN staff responded on the forums saying it was a screw-up, and they had KH 3 ready in their database for some time, and it accidentally went live instead of KH DS.

schuelma

Penguin said:
I swore, someone on the IGN staff responded on the forums saying it was a screw-up, and they had KH 3 ready in their database for some time, and it accidentally went live instead of KH DS.

Makes a lot more sense. I know we had one poster saying that Cassassassimina said to watch today's P.C, but I don't know how credible that is.

Didn't other outlets make this announcement though? I find it Incredulous that a KH DS announcement would spur action on the Wii page.

Also schuelma, do you have like 50 tabs open or something? You're everywhere.

schuelma

DeaconKnowledge said:
Also schuelma, do you have like 50 tabs open or something? You're everywhere.

It's my 3rd day back from work after my wedding/honeymoon. I'm basically not doing any work :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
DeaconKnowledge said:
Yep. I think it's far too big an announcement for IGN to base off of hearsay.

I missed something. What is this announcement you speak of?

Edit: Nevermind. The whole KH thing.

J-Rock said:
he part I played was of the main character controlling this ship, and you had to steer it so it wouldn't crash into the rock walls on either side. Meanwhile, as you crash more and more, this girl becomes more and more frantic, starting off with screaming and eventually ending up with comments like "WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

Ah hah hah. I'm glad this game isn't taking itself too serious.

Akai

GDGF said:
I missed something. What is this announcement you speak of?

IGN Wii accidentally put up an article listed as "Kingdom Heart III Wii Trailer," and took it down not too long afterwards...Then Matt hinted something would happen today at SE's conference, supposedly...

Fuu

GoldandBlue said:
Ah hah hah. I'm glad this game isn't taking itself too serious.
Yeah, this appeals to me too. If it was serious business all the time I would probably be less hyped.

schuelma said:
It's my 3rd day back from work after my wedding/honeymoon. I'm basically not doing any work :lol

Congrats on the wedding!

I have vacation next week myself...I completely forgot about E3; had I remembered I might have done it for this week.

Linkhero1

This game is looking hot right now. One of my most wanted Wii games this year. Actually this is the first time I've ever been interested in a game with the name Final Fantasy in it. :p

Man, I can't wait for this to come out. It looks to be really fun and inventive, and it should be one of the most enjoyable titles this holiday season.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Man, I can't wait for this to come out. It looks to be really fun and inventive, and it should be one of the most enjoyable titles this holiday season.
Agreed. Can't believe this is coming out this winter. :D I would like to see how the game progresses though. What kind of tasks will we be doing? We know it's open world, and the game looks pretty big when you look at all the different locales shown in some of the trailers.

Fuu

Best thing about the dev walkthrough is that it shows the free fall sequence. The other 2 videos had it cut.

Meesh

Who's doing the voice acting, it's not too bad. The women voicing the Yuke, didn't she play as Kagero from Ninja Scroll?

Top Bottom