• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Bearers E3 Trailer

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
152m0cp.gif

2ey9t9u.gif

Desi

the just love the focus on interactivity in this game. I can see me whipping out my Wii pretty soon.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Scrubking said:
That free fall scene looked great. Hopefully we get more info on the gameplay soon.

Ok Layle officially has the most badass intro for any Final Fantasy protagonist. Freefall giant gun fight, drags the villain out of his portal, socks him in the face. :lol So awesome!

bdouble

Loved the walkthrough. The diversity and interaction in the game is top notch. Falling from airships, big guns, controlling airships, riding on a chocobo cart. All looks sweet. This is one of the best looking Wii games visually and conceptually.

Arde5643

BorkBork said:
Ok Layle officially has the most badass intro for any Final Fantasy protagonist. Freefall giant gun fight, drags the villain out of his portal, socks him in the face. :lol So awesome!
I'll be surprised if he doesn't have insomnia since so far he doesn't seem to fall into any of the hero traps of main FF characters: emo/angst, naive, blubbery happy, (insert all other RPG cliche main character traits).

youzen

Wow... I'm really liking the looks of this. It looks a lot better than I thought it would, honestly. I can't wait to see more of it -- hopefully soon!

BorkBork

Arde5643 said:
I'll be surprised if he doesn't have insomnia since so far he doesn't seem to fall into any of the hero traps of main FF characters: emo/angst, naive, blubbery happy, (insert all other RPG cliche main character traits).

He does seem to have a bit of a caffeine habit, so you may have something there.

Fuu

Gamespot posted a hands-on:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/621117...ystal-chronicles-the-crystal-bearers-hands-on

I lol'd at this:

Gamespot said:
What we saw excited us, but it also makes us question how much it represents the final game. The demo gives the impression that The Crystal Bearers is primarily an on-rails shooter, whereas we're pretty sure the final product will offer a much more balanced experience between on-foot exploration and shooter segments.

And I just noticed, CB booth guy from dev walkthrough is cute. :p

15q7r7o.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Woooah, that dev walkthrough was top shit.

I'm quite concerned as to why this game hasn't kicked up much dust, because it looks like another (along with Silent Hill, Red Steel 2, and Rabbids Go Home) high production top quality 3rd party game for this year.

I really hope SE give it an advertising push.

Fuu

Penguin said:
Hey I just noticed it was you
What is up with the name change? :lol
It's been some time actually, me and Aladuf decided about this in a thread. The (not Aladuf) part of the tag was Dragona's idea. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EatChildren said:
Woooah, that dev walkthrough was top shit.

I'm quite concerned as to why this game hasn't kicked up much dust, because it looks like another (along with Silent Hill, Red Steel 2, and Rabbids Go Home) high production top quality 3rd party game for this year.

I really hope SE give it an advertising push.

Maybe it's a product of SE's protracted dev time. I know I'm definitely excited for it, it came in 5th in my top 10 list for that thread.

Penguin

Fuu said:
It's been some time actually, me and Aladuf decided about this in a thread. The (not Aladuf) part of the tag was Dragona's idea. :lol

I say you change it back and screw over Aladuf.

But back to the main topic at hand, we need more hands on. :lol

Fuu

Penguin said:
I say you change it back and screw over Aladuf.

But back to the main topic at hand, we need more hands on. :lol
:lol

Besides people getting confused it was my decision though. When I chose Alaluef I was mostly intending to lurk here. I like Fuu more. :)

About hands-on, how quickly IGN normally puts these up? I don't follow much of the gaming press but aren't they usually up to date with the Wii stuff?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fantastical said:
I don't understand it either... this is getting ridiculous. It's like the game that the press forgot was at E3 or something.

Prolly cause it has the worst demo ever!

Well, not really, its just, the beginning is crazy slow with tons of dialougue. It takes awhile to get into the game at all. Not the right environment for it! You'll only get press write ups im sure once they finish some private play time, I wouldnt want anyone telling me about the title from the E3 showfloor demo. Hell, I don't even wanna get into it.

Looks pretty though, and they certainly are giving it lots of attention at the Square booth. It looks to me the largest playable section

bigswords

So it's Jedi + Square?

Hmmmmm....sigh no 4 player co-op. Guess I have to play the Crystal Chronicles on the DS for my co-op diablo style.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
2 player like Super Mario Galaxy is confirmed in that interview.

Is this the first we've heard of that? Not that I really care.

Fuu

John Harker said:
Prolly cause it has the worst demo ever!

Well, not really, its just, the beginning is crazy slow with tons of dialougue. It takes awhile to get into the game at all. Not the right environment for it! You'll only get press write ups im sure once they finish some private play time, I wouldnt want anyone telling me about the title from the E3 showfloor demo. Hell, I don't even wanna get into it.

Looks pretty though, and they certainly are giving it lots of attention at the Square booth. It looks to me the largest playable section
I agree that they could have done much better with the demo. Too many cutscenes and something mid game in an open area with monsters would probably be better than the start in the city. At least people seemed to have fun with it from the impressions we got around here, that's a good thing.

BorkBork said:
Kawazu developer Interview up on IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/748546/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-wii/videos/thecrystalbearers_inv_060309.html

Around 15 hours in length. 20-30 to fully explore.
Layle is a smooth dancer too evidently. :lol
Thanks, watching it now.

Fantastical said:
2 player like Super Mario Galaxy is confirmed in that interview.

Is this the first we've heard of that? Not that I really care.
It was mentioned some time ago.

BorkBork

bigswords said:
So it's Jedi + Square?

Star Wars doesn't have the monopoly on telekinesis you know :p

Hmmmmm....sigh no 4 player co-op. Guess I have to play the Crystal Chronicles on the DS for my co-op diablo style.

Yup. That's what they intended to do with the franchise. Game for co-op, game for solo tailored to exploit the Wii controls.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
damn, after watching that e3 footage my respect for the dreamcast rose tenfold.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
blu said:
No.

metroidgtfo.gif

Scrubking said:
Ugh, that interview lowered my interest significantly. Makes me believe the Gamespot hands on.
Don't really like the grandma comment, but I don't really see anything significantly wrong with that interview.

BorkBork

blu said:

Not quite good enough. A guy already said Metroid Gaiden looked like a DS game earlier. Try again please.

blu

flintstryker said:
bottom screen likes better its pushing some serious pixel shading there.
not to mention the higher polycount, and dynamic lighting.

BorkBork said:
Not quite good enough. A guy already said Metroid Gaiden looked like a DS game earlier. Try again please.
i'm doing my best here, cut me some slack.

Fuu

Not much new info in the IGN interview but it does feature more footage from the demo. Really want to see dancing Layle now. :lol

And I may be alone in this but he mentioning 15 to 30 hours of game is a good thing. To me it means they're not pushing the game to last 60 hours with filler shit (could still happen but hey!).

MechaX

Jeezus Christ. And here I thought the GAF height was one guy claiming that Tales of Vesperia looked like Tales of Symphonia.

MechaX said:
Jeezus Christ. And here I thought the GAF height was one guy claiming that Tales of Vesperia looked like Tales of Symphonia.

Hey, there was Shane B. saying that Eternal Sonata looked like a Dreamcast game.

BorkBork

Fuu said:
Not much new info in the IGN interview but it does feature more footage from the demo. Really want to see dancing Layle now. :lol

And I may be alone in this but he mentioning 15 to 30 hours of game is a good thing. To me it means they're not pushing the game to last 60 hours with filler shit (could still happen but hey!).

I have absolutely no issues with a 15 hour game with low filler content. 2 out of 4 of my favorite RPGs of all time (Chrono Trigger and Mother 3) are within the 15 to 20 hour frame.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't think 15 hours is bad at all. Then again developers like to say their game is longer than it really is. Oh well, I do like exploring in-game worlds so I'm sure it will take me a while to get through.

Fuu

I'm still curious about how exactly Layle's accessory equipping they mentioned in Famitsu will work, hope we can get some more info about it in the coming months. Also, the different enemy reactions like the Cactuar growing with water, etc. Throw us a site update during E3, SE.

BorkBork said:
I have absolutely no issues with a 15 hour game with low filler content. 2 out of 4 of my favorite RPGs of all time (Chrono Trigger and Mother 3) are within the 15 to 20 hour frame.
Same here, including your mentions.

blu

15-20h is about as long as i'd want a non-filler adventure to last. unless it's called metroid prime.

EDarkness

Scrubking said:
Ugh, that interview lowered my interest significantly. Makes me believe the Gamespot hands on.

I'm thinking about that, too. They want a game my grandma can play? Oh man, more dumbed down gameplay. <sigh> I'm afraid to see how the game is going to turn out now.

Top Bottom