• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Gen's "Ah Ha!" Moment

Newline

Super Mario 3D World

mario-kart-8-gif.gif
image.php

kirbster

Second Son was the first title to show me what next gen can truly do.

P.T. was the first thing that had me with my jaw on the floor. Granted it's just a corridor with not much to render, but sweet baby jesus does it look good. In motion it's almost like real life!

Crowds like this with co-op are what i'm putting my hopes on as the "WOW this is next gen" moment. That and the newly revamped parkour in huge environments.
img-1-1.gif

I want to believe, but it reminds me too much of the AC 3 Opera House scene, and all that crowd was was window dressing, and I'm worried that's all this will turn out to be too. I have nothing but respect for the AC teams, but I'm going forward with this series cautiously optimistic.

Nintendoland, for actually delivering cool a asymmetric multiplayer.

Mainly the three versus games:
Luigi's ghost mansion, aka spooky spooky ghosts, aka the haunt is real
Animal crossing sweet day, aka f the police, aka binging and purging.
Mario chase, aka the one nobody in my circles of local multiplayer buddies has provided a nickname for.

Honorable mentions to the train mode, Zelda game, and metroid game.

All of the above led to memorable, exciting, and unique game experiences.

It happened for me when I was able to use the Xbox One's DLNA streaming to play "Take On Me" through the console. Neither the PS4 or Wii U have delivered that experience.

flohen95

On Wii U launch day, I invited 3 friends to my home right after school. Playing Nintendoland together with them and my brother was just a really cool experience, and the most fun I had had for a long time back then. I'd say that was an "Ah Ha!" moment for me. Whenever they are here, they want to play Nintendoland, so I guess they enjoyed it, too.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I want to believe, but it reminds me too much of the AC 3 Opera House scene, and all that crowd was was window dressing, and I'm worried that's all this will turn out to be too. I have nothing but respect for the AC teams, but I'm going forward with this series cautiously optimistic.
Gameinformer has a really good video where a person who worked on the AI of Unity details their process for AI and how many variations they got into the game.

Top Bottom