• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

urge26

the rumor says "major" Christmas release, then says:

"This major game, the source said, is the "unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement."

What major Christmas release has not been revealed? I'm missing something here.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ah, we likely don't know what the game is. I'd guess Crackdown 3 based on this:

"Unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement."

Would be dumb, the other crackdown games aren't that popular in europe.

It is probably the Ubisoft fighter thing.

If it is Fifa this would be massive.

RulkezX

It cant be FIFA, dunno how many times people need to be told the FIFA license prohibits exclusivity.

"Unique Xbox exclusive" + " Big Christmas game" limits it to something like Dead Rising 3

Bsigg12

I'm betting FIFA based on the comments of Spencer last week. He said they had some news regarding Europes biggest franchise which I assume is FIFA, so this might be it.

Unless CVG is just behind on the news that the 8 countries that got cut from launch will all be receiving a free game.

It cant be FIFA, dunno how many times people need to be told the FIFA license prohibits exclusivity.

This isn't making it exclusive, this is just packing it in with every system.

BibiMaghoo

So...

They are saying...they were actually under-delivering value?

I don't think you can over-deliver value, and feel that you need to add more value?

Raide

Actually, the Ubi fight games sounds likely. MS need to bundle something with the console to show off Kinect. New Kinect Sports would have made more sense but anything Kinect needs to convince people it can work.

Quentyn

They have to do a deal that makes sense to them. What game will bring them back massive revenue by giving it away. A multiplayer only game that gets a million sign ups to XboxLive as ppl want to play it. It has to be Titanfall in my opinion.

Also, this is great news if true. MS making some good progress on sweetening the deal.

Titanfall is not a major Christmas release.

GrundyTheMan

Neo Member
My guess is that it would be Minecraft, simply because it is specifically mentioned to be third-party and there is no way they would try to do a launch console pack-in for a mature rated game. Family friendly sells consoles.

The last thing Microsoft needs are launch console purchasers getting turned away because they are too young to buy a mature rated game.

Xater

Our definition of major is probably different from theirs. I like to keep my expectations very low so I'll guess it's some crappy kinect game or maybe something like Assassin's Creed 4.

Artivle says "unique Xbox One exclusive" I totally expect a Kinect game.

Oppo

"We've spent hundreds of millions on providing content for the US and building the perfect console for services not available here in Europe. But for you, we have....Fantasia!"

When you put it that way...

It's definitely Fantasia

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Folks, it says Xbox One exclusive in the OP. It also hints that it's to be a game that Spencer is announcing at Gamescom. So it's likely not a game we know about yet and likely not a huge multiplat game. (FIFA, etc).

I'm still going with Crackdown 3.

mocoworm

the rumor says "major" Christmas release, then says:

"What major Christmas release has not been revealed? I'm missing something here.

By its very definition, the fact that it hasn't been announced means that you 1. Aren't missing anything and 2. Your question cannot be answered.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
"reveal" indicates it's a unannounced game so it's can't be Fifa or any of the other games mentioned.
plus the free part means the sales from the game if sold on it's own wouldn't be as much as MS can offer them.....I wouldn't get excited.

Riky

$MSFT
Could mean an "Exclusive" Free pack in deal if it's FIFA, either way since I already got my preorder in I'm please to be getting a free game :)

Minions

Hard to understand why EA would agree to this if they already know they are going to sell just as many copies otherwise. I guess Microsoft must have sweetened the deal a lot. I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't just drop the price if they want to get more people to purchase their console...

Anth1888

The MCV FIFA news needs to be added to the OP. Could be potentially huge news in the UK even though FIFA launches on Sept 29 I can see many people double dipping once they get a next-gen console.

sunnz

£350 + £40 for PS plus ( can get cheaper, but RRP) + £40 for that game = £430

£430 + £40 for XBG ( can get cheaper, but RRP) + this free game = £470

£40 difference, enough for a whole new game.Even if fifa I doubt many are this silly ( plus with the ps4 coming out first as rumoured)

If it is an exclusive, then it's silly to compare the ps4 price with it :p

RulkezX

I'm betting FIFA based on the comments of Spencer last week. He said they had some news regarding Europes biggest franchise which I assume is FIFA, so this might be it.

Unless CVG is just behind on the news that the 8 countries that got cut from launch will all be receiving a free game.

This isn't making it exclusive, this is just packing it in with every system.

Doesn't prohibit bundling. Or exclusive content, which we know the Xbox One version will have.

It says right there in the OP it would be an exclusive.

Top Bottom