• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

I'm certain it will be a Kinect game, in order to get people using the damn thing. I'm guessing Just Dance 2014,or whatever the newest one will be called. It won't be anything major, and it certainly won't be something as big as a FIFA title.

jaypah

Trying to do my math right, but if Xbox One is 80 euros more than PS4, with the mystery game be 40 euros, how exactly does this help MS? It would be the exact same price to get a PS4 and then buy the pack in game unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Nevermind its an exclusive.

Not only is it exclusive but the alternative would be a 180 for 80 euros more and no game. Given those 2 scenarios the 180 with a game would absolutely help MS. It's not about matching the PS4 price, it's about making the 180 sku more attractive than it was. MS is going to need all the help it can get.

I doubt it would be an adult rated game, it doesn't make sense to do that (although to be fair, most Xbox One buyers will be over 18).

It could be FIFA, they have Ultimate Team exclusive, right? Maybe it's an Ultimate Team edition, like PS+ Drive Club Edition?

It's going to be a kinect title they show off at gamescon.

How can it be FIFA when the description is a "unique xbox one exclusive"

Riky

$MSFT
£350 + £40 for PS plus ( can get cheaper, but RRP) + £40 for that game = £430

£430 + £40 for XBG ( can get cheaper, but RRP) + this free game = £470

£40 difference, enough for a whole new game.Even if fifa I doubt many are this silly ( plus with the ps4 coming out first as rumoured)

You also get a Kinect which retailed for £99 last gen.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's something but I feel it's a maneuver to buy loyalty. They goofed Xbone up so they will spend to try and gain back the mind share.

Some of us aren't as willing to hop on their platform after all this dribble we've been forced upon the last few months.

This pack in game better be there when I get one.

Everyone who is thinking FIFA, COD, BF4 etc....read the end of the article again :

This major game, the source said, is the "unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcement.

It's a "unique" (Kinect?) Xbox One exclusive from a 3rd party - not a multiplatorm game...

Wow, this is pretty big news. The console is selling for about the equivalent of $670 in Europe, if this is a big time game, that will move some consoles and get some folks over the sticker shock if they have any.

I wonder how they pull this off without extending a similar deal to those in other countries.

So its all Europe, not just the delayed countries?

Im down with that. Unless its that the fighter game. Fuck that Kinect shit.

I bet its gonna be a Kinect game though, look how bundling wii sports worked out for Nintendo

offshore

If it is FIFA then clearly the exclusive part is wrong.

But we know MS have some kind of arrangement with EA and FIFA, so an exclusive bundling of FIFA wouldn't be surprising.

Garjon

Did MS ever call the 'unique XB1 exclusive' a unique XB1 exclusive game? This deal would surely fulfill the exclusive part of the message (I tend to read between the lines wrt PR quotes these days, maybe a bit too much for my own good) so therefore may not be an exclusive XB1 title after all.

That said, I doubt it'd be something like FIFA or CoD since the combined lost revenue and compensation to EA/Acti would be well over a billion dollars.

Thirdly, how does this relate to the supposed free game for people who pre-ordered an XB1 in a delayed territory? Same game? Crossed wires?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Sony will probably counter this with bundling one first party launch game to each PS4.

I think it won't be FIFA, but something with massive Kinect support

sunnz

Not only is it exclusive but the alternative would be a 180 for 80 euros more and no game. Given those 2 scenarios the 180 with a game would absolutely help MS. It's not about matching the PS4 price, it's about making the 180 sku more attractive than it was. MS is going to need all the help it can get.

With PS version of Driveclub for free and possible 2 other free 2 play games (warframe, blacklight), I would disagree

Fifa bundled in would cost astronomical amount of money that is not worth it as PS4 with Fifa 14 will still be cheaper.

Mssed the unique exclusive part so I am going with Kinect game.

Top Bottom