• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-eyes-fl...-greg-berlanti-andrew-kreisberg-david-nutter/

maybe introduced during arrow.

MOD EDIT:

Full costume reveal!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51391

THE-FLASH-Full-Suit-Image-bc095.jpg

- Deadline: Grant Gustin Cast As CW’s The Flash
Grant GustinGlee baddie Grant Gustin has landed his first major role, signing on to play Barry Allen aka The Flash on the CW’s proposed Arrow spinoff. He will appear in three episodes of Arrow this coming season before headlining his own spinoff series. Written by Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity will be introduced in episodes No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, with David Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, committed to directing Episode 20. Barry Allen (Gustin) is a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past.

1EM61uY.jpg

- Deadline: CW’s ‘The Flash’ To Do Stand-Alone Pilot Instead Of ‘Arrow’ Backdoor Pilot Episode
There has been a change in the CW‘s plans for The Flash. Originally, the character, played by Grant Gustin, was supposed to appear in three episodes of Arrow this season — No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, the last one serving as a backdoor pilot directed by David Nutter. Episodes 8 and 9, in which the superhero is introduced only as his alter ego Barry Allen, have already been shot. But now the CW has opted to film a traditional stand-alone Flash pilot instead of doing a backdoor pilot as Arrow‘s Episode 20. With Episodes 8 and 9 serving as an origin story, the plan was for The Flash character to make his debut — red costume and all — in Arrow‘s Episode 20. He will now do it in the pilot. The creative team remains the same, with Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and series scribe Geoff Johns writing the pilot and Nutter, who helmed the pilot for Arrow, directing. Berlanti, Kreisberg and Nutter executive produce, with Melissa Kellner Berman co-executive producing.

- Deadline: Jesse L. Martin To Co-Star in CW Pilot ‘The Flash’
Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin is set to co-star opposite Grant Gustin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Martin will play Detective West, an honest, blue-collar cop who is a surrogate father to Allen. This is a familiar territory for Martin, who is probably best known for his nine-year stint as Detective Ed Green on NBC’s Law & Order. He had been approached for several pilots before choosing The Flash.

DWbK6l9.png
- Deadline: Rick Cosnett & Danielle Panabaker To Co-Star In CW Pilot ‘The Flash’
The Vampire Diaries‘ Rick Gosnett and Danielle Panabaker (Shark) are set to co-star opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Cosnett plays star Detective Eddie Thawne,
a recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, whose past is a mystery and who harbors a dark secret.
Panabaker plays Caitlin Snow,
a highly intelligent bioengineering expert who lost her fiancé during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs.
Originally envisioned as a backdoor pilot episode of Arrow, Flash will now film a regular pilot directed by David Nutter, a move clearly geared toward a series pickup.

Akqy9GF.png
dqDZPZ6.png
- Deadline: Candice Patton Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Flash’
EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Patton, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Cirrincione & Associates, will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry. Patton joins recently cast Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker.

ilxNJzO.png
One more casting now from THR: CW's 'Flash' Adds Broadway Player in Super-Smart Role
Carlos Valdes will play the series regular role of Cisco Ramon, a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born in a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers. Best part: He is as much of a comic book fanboy as Barry.

s9QkC8Mt.jpg

- Tom Cavanagh has joined the cast as the head of STAR Labs.
Harrison is described as a rock star in the world of physics and the mind and money behind Central City’s S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator. He becomes a pariah after his lab explodes. But he redeems himself when he discovers that his failed experiment accidentally created the world’s fastest man, The Flash

tom-cavanagh-flash-cw-pilot-618x400.jpg

- EW: The CW's 'Flash' casts 1990 'Flash' star
The CW’s The Flash pilot has booked the star of CBS’ single-season 1990 TV series The Flash — John Wesley Shipp — who played Barry Allen/The Flash. Shipp will guest star in the pilot in a “mystery role,” says Warner Bros. TV, “with the part intended to be a recurring guest star in series.”

- Deadline: ‘The Flash’ Gets Mother
Michelle Harrison (the CW’s Emily Owens, MD) has been added to the cast the CW/WBTV/DC pilot The Flash, about scientist Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who becomes the Fastest Man Alive. She will play the guest starring/recurring role of Barry’s mother, Nora Allen. Repped by Russ Mortensen at Pacific Artists Management.

yU74wgc.png

- EW: 'The Flash': First photo in costume

- THR: The CW's 'Flash' Adds Police Captain
Actor Patrick Sabongui is boarding The CW's proposed Arrow spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

He will guest star in the pilot as Central City Police Captain David Singh. If The Flash receives a series order, there is a chance Sabongui's role could be expanded to recurring status.

KcAoqjN.jpg

Gartooth

We better be getting a movie instead of this, I'll be pretty disappointed if the rumor was for a TV show like Arrow.

Blader

Seems kind of odd they would do this. Even if WB doesn't do a Flash movie, they're definitely aiming at building their own cinematic universe. Unless they're planning on reusing the actor for this show in Justice League, I'm not sure why they would create separate concurrent continuities for the same character.

Unless they plan on this show being cancelled before 2017 :lol

We had Smallville and Superman Returns

So not against doing it

That's because Smallville predated Returns by several years. Conversely, there had been a planned Dick Grayson series that WB nixed because they didn't want it conflicting with Nolan's movies.

I don't know CW. Arrow only works because no flashy CG super powers are necessary. Not sure if Flash would be the best choice, but I'll give it a shot since I liked Arrow.

Clevinger

I don't know CW. Arrow only works because no flashy CG super powers are necessary. Not sure if Flash would be the best choice, but I'll give it a shot since I liked Arrow.

And also because they rip-off borrow heavily from Nolan's Batman movies.

This sounds like a bad idea.

Patryn

Too bad they couldn't make a JL show with all these CW programs with Tom Welling heading it.

I'm not sure Welling wants to wear the suit. After all, everyone knew that the payoff to Smallville would be Clark in the suit, and they had to resort to an almost blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of a CG'd Welling in it.

Busty

Banned
I have had a chance to read the article yet but.........., What?

Why are Warners so insist on 'dumping their Flash wade' on a TV show when the character is so well suited to a cinematic debut rather than the much smaller budgets that a broadcast (the CW no less!) have.

The visual possibilities of a Flash film are huge given the right talent of course. While making the Green Arrow a CW show makes sense The Flash is one of the members of the Justice League it's...........,

...., it's baffling.

DaveH

YAY! ...?

After Smallville, I would've said that the Red-Blue Blur sucked up all the oxygen Flash needs, however, after Arrow, it seems TV teen audiences are fine with a revisited / revised hero right on the tails of another one.

I hope it's good. I'm a huge Flash fan which might make me unreasonably judgmental, but after 10 years of Smallville, I think my expectations are moderated.

Really hard

The original series used a sped up camera and did it mostly from a first person point of view

Smallville just added motion blur to him.

They'll show it up close and in detail during the pilot, but after that it will be purely done via a blur effect. You know it'll happen. It's the only way they can keep costs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom