• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow is awesome.

It really is, but I'm withholding judgement on how they'll treat the show until season 3/4. That's roughly where Smallville started to go downhill in terms of location shooting, etc and they were left with filming all scenes in the same four/five locations.

Open at Lex's mansion, cut to barn, cut to shop, cut to barn, cut to generic looking Lexcorp lab, cut to barn, cut to home, cut to mansion, end of episode.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It really is, but I'm withholding judgement on how they'll treat the show until season. That's roughly where Smallville started to go downhill in terms of location shooting, etc and they left with filming all scenes in the same four/five locations.

Open at Lex's mansion, cut to barn, cut to shop, cut to barn, cut to generic looking Lexcorp lab, cut to barn, cut to home, cut to mansion, end of episode.

What do you have against the CW's parking lot?

flip9nyo3.gif

Really hard

The original series used a sped up camera and did it mostly from a first person point of view

Smallville just added motion blur to him.

There were some OK moments of speed shots on smallville actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDUwg4c4aE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvEdJarA6E

I remember one in particular where hes outrunning a bullet in the rain that was particularly impressive as the rain drops suspended in air split as he (and the bullet) ran through them.

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont understand people who dont want superpowers in CW's Arrow.

Flash could be a great addition to Arrow, two shows could work great one with another.

Blader

I have had a chance to read the article yet but.........., What?

Why are Warners so insist on 'dumping their Flash wade' on a TV show when the character is so well suited to a cinematic debut rather than the much smaller budgets that a broadcast (the CW no less!) have.

The visual possibilities of a Flash film are huge given the right talent of course. While making the Green Arrow a CW show makes sense The Flash is one of the members of the Justice League it's...........,

...., it's baffling.

Only thing I can think of is that WB is reticent to pump a couple hundred million into a Flash movie, so they want to test the waters first with this show.

Wasn't there a Flash show already in the early 90s? Something about a young kid and a scientist, and the kid could run really really fast, and he fought crime?

I dont understand people who dont want superpowers in CW's Arrow.

Flash could be a great addition to Arrow, two shows could work great one with another.

No, goddammit. It'd be the same thing as Superman walking onto the set of a Nolan Batman film. It doesn't vibe well with me.

DieH@rd

Banned
No, goddammit. It'd be the same thing as Superman walking onto the set of a Nolan Batman film. It doesn't vibe well with me.

And I would have nothing against that. If we did not see superpowers until now, that doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere. And one isolated experiment in which lonely scientist gets struck with the lightning that gives him access to the Speed Force wont change much. He will most likely get involved in the storyline with 6-10 attractive young people and he would use his powers just to complicate relationships between at least two love triangles. :D This is CW after all.

Wiktor

As I wrote in the arrow thread already... I love the idea of good Flash show, but not at the cost of destroying one of the best things about Arrow, which is no powers. Keep the ilussion that Arrow is set in Nolanverse please.

Switters

Anyone who says "the Arrow is awesome" subscribes to an egregious brand of masochism and WILL NOT be invited to my birthday party.

Jay Garrick is my favorite Flash. Seriously. I'd love a retro Flash set during the time of the Great War.

EDIT: New 52 Flash is Garrick? Ha. Of course, I don't read new comics.

Malvingt2

UPDATE 9 PM: During the CW executive session, the network’s topper Mark Pedowitz gave more details about The Flash project. It will be the origin story of Barry Allen who will be introduced as a recurring character on Arrow this coming season.”We want to exapand the DC universe of characters,” he said. Pedowitz also confirmed that “Amazon is on pause (as) the script is not exactly what we wanted, and with an iconic character like Wonder Woman, we have to get it right.”

NH0zEjj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom