• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia surely knows that this is the kind of game that would drive sales of ray-tracing video cards and their plan is to have GTX 3000 series ready by April....

....right?

Kadayi

Banned
So about 3 months left fellaz..this thing will set world on fiya.

Still, let's hope it fiya and not fyre :messenger_dizzy:

Pre-ordered and moist in anticipation, but at the same time concerned that the hype might have gone too far.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i will actually cry if they delay it. lol.

surely if they were going to do it they'd have done it by now. the game needs to be finished by March so that only gives them about a 6-8 weeks of actual development time left. not counting any work on a day1 patch.

maybe once we get to February i'll start relaxing and go into full hype mode.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Built a new system for this a few days ago.

I really hope they don't delay it, with Bloodlines 2 no longer in march, Cyberpunk is finally starting to rev the engine on my hype machine again.

Mista

Banned
46xUkXF.jpg

MadYarpen

I have to say the hype deflated a little, I am curious what is their idea about the marketing campaign ahead. I guess they would not want to release everything to soon, but now there is only silence. And no one will be excited with new screenshots if they release any.

I love this company. I really do. And there is potential for this game to define cyberpunk just like W3 defined high fantasy. But, Anthem... No Man's Sky... Mass Effect: Andromeda... I'm just not. Sure. This could be a notorious travesty that forever bruises the rep of CDPR.

And all the pre-orders and new graphics cards will just make it worse.

Obviously i hope not. This company does it so differently (skippable introduction slides, gog.com). But it would really have to be ground breaking for it to top W3 and from what I've seen I'm just not entirely sure there's enough in the "cyebrpunk" genre (this coming from someone who really lives cyberpunk), enough in a city landscape, to inspire a new legendary title.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Up to now the last word in cyberpunk gaming, as far as I'm concerned.

Kenpachii

It should be if you buy the game u buy into the license to play the game.

Which means if you buy the PC game, u should also be able to play the xbox or playstation version or any version for that matter. This whole double dipping bullshit needs to stop.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It should be if you buy the game u buy into the license to play the game.

Which means if you buy the PC game, u should also be able to play the xbox or playstation version or any version for that matter. This whole double dipping bullshit needs to stop.
Nope. There are costs associated with developing for each platform. Sure if you’re using unity or unreal engines you’ll just have to press a button to compile to those targets but if you’ve built your own tech you’ve got to make it work on each platform with its unique APIs. Then there’s artwork for different machines and controllers, mouse and keyboard support vs controller, optimising for each platform given each will have different bottlenecks etc.

Finally, games are cheap. In 1990 an Atari ST game would cost £20-30 with the PC version typically £5 more. Console games were £50-60 with some hitting £80. Prices basically haven’t gone up but inflation has.

Kenpachii

Nope. There are costs associated with developing for each platform. Sure if you’re using unity or unreal engines you’ll just have to press a button to compile to those targets but if you’ve built your own tech you’ve got to make it work on each platform with its unique APIs. Then there’s artwork for different machines and controllers, mouse and keyboard support vs controller, optimising for each platform given each will have different bottlenecks etc.

Finally, games are cheap. In 1990 an Atari ST game would cost £20-30 with the PC version typically £5 more. Console games were £50-60 with some hitting £80. Prices basically haven’t gone up but inflation has.

Uh u probably missed the complete editions that go for 100+ bucks or something with seasons passes and then u also got way way way way more gamers that buy games so that's also void.. Games aren't cheap even remotely. also those few bucks they have to spend extra on development isn't going to hold them back even remotely.

Back in the day devs would be happy if they could sell even 50k copy's. now a million is already considered meh.

If people want to play on a xbox or ps4 or PC they still need a copy. Make it a digital license and the resell market is also dead which probably kills more of there profits.

It's a non issue, specially with consoles practically being laptops at this point.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Uh u probably missed the complete editions that go for 100+ bucks or something with seasons passes and then u also got way way way way more gamers that buy games so that's also void.. Games aren't cheap even remotely. also those few bucks they have to spend extra on development isn't going to hold them back even remotely.

Back in the day devs would be happy if they could sell even 50k copy's. now a million is already considered meh.

If people want to play on a xbox or ps4 or PC they still need a copy. Make it a digital license and the resell market is also dead which probably kills more of there profits.

It's a non issue, specially with consoles practically being laptops at this point.

1. You don’t have to buy the expensive edition.
2. According to the inflation calculator £60 in 1990 is £137.28 now. Games don’t costanything close to that.
3. Youjust handwave the effort required to port a game. What’s the point debating someone who will just ignore a point and claim they’re right anyway?
4. As sales numbers have increased so have production costs. Where in 1990 you paid the equivalent of £137.28 for a game that chat a few hundred thousand to make, now you pay £60 (more if you lack willpower) to play a game that cost millions to make and is vastly longer and more complex. Further, within 6 months it’ll be on sale at half the price.

Finally - have you ever run a business? I have. You need to generate income to keep everyone’s job secure. You need cash to cover lean times. You need to be able to attract skilled talent which doesn’t come cheap. You will therefore price things not to give your customers everything for free - you will price things to enable you to grow your business and give jobs to more people.

deafmedal

Am I allowed to look forward to this game?! Wow!

I’ve tried to get into the Witcher games but have been unsuccessful. For some reason I struggle with fantasy settings in games so I’m fairly hyped for this, the setting is right up my alley. CDPR obviously puts a lot of love into their games so I’m confident I’ll enjoy it. I’ve not played much of anything over the past year, anxiously awaiting to give this a whirl!

Kenpachii

1. You don’t have to buy the expensive edition.
2. According to the inflation calculator £60 in 1990 is £137.28 now. Games don’t cost anything close to that.
3. Youjust handwave the effort required to port a game. What’s the point debating someone who will just ignore a point and claim they’re right anyway?
4. As sales numbers have increased so have production costs. Where in 1990 you paid the equivalent of £137.28 for a game that chat a few hundred thousand to make, now you pay £60 (more if you lack willpower) to play a game that cost millions to make and is vastly longer and more complex. Further, within 6 months it’ll be on sale at half the price.

Finally - have you ever run a business? I have. You need to generate income to keep everyone’s job secure. You need cash to cover lean times. You need to be able to attract skilled talent which doesn’t come cheap. You will therefore price things not to give your customers everything for free - you will price things to enable you to grow your business and give jobs to more people.

1) Yea u can always pirate games also. Whats your point?
2) I dunny why you even bother with inflation calculators markets change completely. How was the DLC market in the 90's? how's the lootbox or mobile game market in the 90's?, How much money did those devs actually see that proposed these games with all the costs that come with it and giant publishers looting them. How expensive was it back in the day for people to even get into gaming or buy those games.
Also how big is the market now game wise? lots of small company's that make it big because so many gamers that dump money into them. Check wolcen for example they aspected 2000-3000 players got slammed with 130k players straight out of the gate.
3) I handwave stuff that doesn't really matter. If i have a PS4 and want to play witcher 3, i will buy the game on the PS4 and its a sale as result. Who really double dips at the end of the day on multiple same generation platforms? BC was always a thing that was going to happen. Yet CDR which is one of the most respected publishers and game makers with the highest morals is making huge bank to the point they are probably the biggest company if not about that in entire europe on the gaming solution sure as hell from there country.

So even if you give people access towards all the version, then either a port gets made if there is a audience that buys themselves into the product that makes it worth it or the port simple doesn't get created.

Just look at BDO, from 12m to 30m when they ported it towards xbox and ps4. games costs 5 bucks on PC. They making hella bank on it to the point they start to become the next blizzard.

4) Yea it goes so bad with the gaming industry its almost dead now. It's hard to make money man. Or maybe u look into the reality and see that company's invest into there games for the simple fact that it makes them bank and its a massively booming business.

5) I run a business, and what you talk about is a text book business situation for many businesses that sadly in the reality doesn't always pan out that way. It's not that simple. Lots of businesses do there work almost for free to compete with other outlets and get contracts that makes them a little bit of cash and those are even business that have 50k people under there staff solution ( rather have money rolling then that nothing is happening ). U also have business where bosses don't even pay themselves salaries because they rather take the dive on their own salary then fire little jimmy that's part of the team already for 10 years which could create a chain reaction of people leaving or questioning the company or company's starting to ask questions where u relay on.

That's the thing

With game company's in my vision they are missing the point in general. People want to play games that are fun and actually playable. What sony is doing with there movie games where they spend 10's of millions on creating a movie experience for 30 hours max is in my vision not even worth 20 bucks. Yet another game like divinity 2 which is far smaller or even billions a few auto generated maps with 20 structures and 10 units with 3 enemy's is worth it all easily.

Conclusion.

I don't see the problem really.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I bring facts, you ignore them and go with feelings. There is no value in such a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom