• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 2 years since that 45 min E3 video, initial release date now behind us, and still not one second of unscripted gameplay has been shown.

At this rate they will start selling DLC before we see anything of substance.

MadYarpen

Almost 2 years since that 45 min E3 video, initial release date now behind us, and still not one second of unscripted gameplay has been shown.

This is actually very likely considering how they announced expansions for the witcher.

Ivory Blood

1588697410321.jpg

Hmmmm.

IYAOYAS2019

I think I am too old school. When I see these "hype train" threads, I always think about the pictures with everyone's avatar placed on it. lol

Ivory Blood

ESRB Rating now public. It's quite... colourful.

"Players can select a gender and customize their character; customization can include depictions of breasts, buttocks, and genitalia, as well as various sizes and combinations of genitals."

My only, but big worry atm is the quality of the story and character. All the interaction and non-linearity is moot if I don't get invested in the story and feel for the characters. Witcher 3 was the third game of an established franchise, with a book base, too, so there was lots of stuff already. I hope CP2077 can get me excited and feel for its characters.

Mind you, I'm more positive than negative that CDPR will pull it off, they're good.

ESRB Rating now public. It's quite... colourful.

Finally the e-penis I deserve.

MadYarpen

My only, but big worry atm is the quality of the story and character. All the interaction and non-linearity is moot if I don't get invested in the story and feel for the characters. Witcher 3 was the third game of an established franchise, with a book base, too, so there was lots of stuff already. I hope CP2077 can get me excited and feel for its characters.

Mind you, I'm more positive than negative that CDPR will pull it off, they're good.

Finally the e-penis I deserve.
Its not like they are making a new IP here. It's not like the Witcher with the characters written by Sapkowski, but I guess CP lore is also a lot of material...

Kamina

Golden Boy
So what is this genetal custumisation option now?
Can i change labia shape and shlong size or what?

Last edited:

SyberWolf

Looks stunning.

If that's gameplay, then the graphics just got upgraded. The lighting is simply superb. Additionally, you can actually make out Nightcity's skyline in the background. The wasteland seems so vast!

June 11 can't come soon enough!
yes they replied to someone that it is ingame footage, but my guess would be that it is taken from pc

imsosleepy

wait.. They showed a full quest line.. 50 minute of gameplay. How is that not even good enough?

I'm a little confused as to the "no morality system" thing. What I really want to do, maybe on a new game plus when I am more powerful and can make these sorts of decisions is be an asshole only in it for herself type character. I wonder how that will be reflected in the dialogue choice options. Maybe they just mean there is not a visible alignment tracker like in games like KOTOR 1 and 2, or a renegade prompt in Mass Effect, but I can still be a dick to people if I want,and still get what I want while also seeing the whole story? I don't want to be locked out of certain paths or outcomes just because I pick the "wrong" answer.

Ivory Blood

Even with some big downgrade to runs on console the game still looks nice (probably the pc version tho)
Yeah it looks great.

Btw, everyone was mentioning Mad Max when CDPR realesed the gif, but I was thinking more Hardwired - the book itself was great, and that's where Pondsmith took some inspiration for his Nomads, and even released an official Cybeprunk supplement.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to you?

That event was a WHOLE other level of content and attention. I don't think I'd compare the two whatsoever. Also doesn't look like they're blasting it all over social media or something...

Could have something to do with previous plans being locked down, preset uploads, etc. I mean, a couple of bands I really love dropped new material this week and said while they would've preferred not to, but there was nothing they could really do to stop it in that short amount of time.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

That event was a WHOLE other level of content and attention. I don't think I'd compare the two whatsoever. Also doesn't look like they're blasting it all over social media or something...

Could have something to do with previous plans being locked down, preset uploads, etc. I mean, a couple of bands I really love dropped new material this week and said while they would've preferred not to, but there was nothing they could really do to stop it in that short amount of time.
I guess it's just that my jimmies are rustled by their social media messaging.

Not that I have anything against the game - on the contrary, I'm hyped as fuck and waiting for 25th.

Last edited:

Doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to you?

They'd already broken their self-imposed silence, on several occasions, for both of their active franchises, Cyberpunk 2077 and Gwent. The silence didn't even last 24 hours.

Allow me to crosspost:
"
Apparently, CDPR's commitment to having "important discussions" about racism "be heard" has come to a momentary halt, while CD Projekt RED German PR, Fabian Mario Doehla, posts what some journalists would describe as a Photo-op :D :
EZsPX6vXsAU-ao1

Don't worry, the "important discussions" will resume after the commercial break!

I mean, it's in front of your eyes. If you don't want to see it, that's on you. Additionally it wasn't just for Cyberpunk 2077. An entire Gwent expansion was announced this week, after the delay.

Crossposting again:

There's a couple of new points I'd like to make about this.

1. On the 2nd of June, CDPR Tweeted:

We decided to move Night City Wire to Jun 25th. We still look forward to sharing new information about CP’77, but more important discussions are happening right now and we want them to be heard. We wholeheartedly stand against racism, intolerance and violence. Black Lives Matter.

According to the official tweet, CDPR were postponing the event to facilitate "more important discussions". No new Cyberpunk 2077 promo material to make room for discussions on racism.

Next day, on the 3rd of June, CDPR announced a brand new Gwent expansion. The marketing included: updated site, several forum posts, a new trailer, a Developer overview stream lasting almost half an hour and periodic card reveals in the coming weeks.

Apparently those "important conversations" can wait if Gwent needs the promotion and pre-orders.

2. Over the years CDPR official forums have explicitly banned political discussions. For the first time ever, they're being allowed, but for this topic alone. Discussions on the Honk Kong protests, for example, are still forbidden.

I'm not bothered in the least by the delay. That's not what bugs me. If they want to further delay the Night City Wire event because the situation hasn't calmed down by the 25th of June, go ahead. Schedule it for July or August, if need be.

It's just I'd appreciate if CDPR's words and actions were more consistent.

Mr.Jackpots

Neo Member
I was watching my younger brother play some Hearts of Stone earlier today. Writing in that game has me so hyped for Cyberpunk, only 3 more months

skneogaf

Wow just watched a trailer for this on the xbox one x dolby atmos application.

This looks and sounds awesome in 4k and dolby atmos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom