• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawd have Mercy 🙈🫂

dMyBhN5.jpg

Yooooo! So what do we think about the German sneak peak?
Personally I think it was good. At least female V has somewhat recovered from her meth head days. That’s a big W:messenger_horns:
But the quality is so blurry :messenger_pensive:

Watch the whole thing here if you haven’t already:

Also some screenshots:

c9JWWqN.jpg

A0yho0G.jpg

WucdOqr.jpg

GEz7ULR.jpg

axDemfa.jpg

Notice left of the second photo, 2 new preset faces for Male V.

Johny’s face could be better but that’s me nitpicking.

There’s also a sex shop? Cool I guess.

Lastly totally unrelated rant but I can’t stand Era anymore. Starting to think they’re 100% totally detached from reality...

Freeman76

I was day one for this but they are handling this like mugs and I think current gen performance will be wank. I have a series X so I feel its best if I sweat out the wait, so prob wont play this until next year now.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yooooo! So what do we think about the German sneak peak?
Personally I think it was good. At least female V has somewhat recovered from her meth head days. That’s a big W:messenger_horns:
But the quality is so blurry :messenger_pensive:

Watch the whole thing here if you haven’t already:

Also some screenshots:

c9JWWqN.jpg

A0yho0G.jpg

WucdOqr.jpg

GEz7ULR.jpg

axDemfa.jpg

Notice left of the second photo, 2 new preset faces for Male V.

Johny’s face could be better but that’s me nitpicking.

There’s also a sex shop? Cool I guess.

Lastly totally unrelated rant but I can’t stand Era anymore. Starting to think they’re 100% totally detached from reality...

This game should have been third person. Is there any hope modding could give it to us? If it was UE4 I would say yes, hell I could mod it in on that. I am not sure how moddable Red Engine is though.

It would require new camera logic, and "Hijacked" shooting logic that is expanded to deal with the change in perspective. I actually have no idea WHY they ditched third person...games with 1rst AND 3rd person aren't really more difficult or anything, and given V already has full body animations why not have third person? I've coded prototypes with first and third person and its not much more code.

Last edited:
This game should have been third person. Is there any hope modding could give it to us? If it was UE4 I would say yes, hell I could mod it in on that. I am not sure how moddable Red Engine is though.

It would require new camera logic, and "Hijacked" shooting logic that is expanded to deal with the change in perspective. I actually have no idea WHY they ditched third person...games with 1rst AND 3rd person aren't really more difficult or anything, and given V already has full body animations why not have third person? I've coded prototypes with first and third person and its not much more code.

The body is not fully animated. There are videos that show the shadow of the head. It looks clanky af. Even if mods did third person I don’t think it’d turn out pleasantly.

Some guesses for why they didn’t:
  • The game has tight spaces that would not look good in third person.

• They put a lot of emphasis on their dialogues and 1st person works better for them. They want the game to feel more personal.

• Character animations that are only noticeable in 1st person.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The body is not fully animated. There are videos that show the shadow of the head. It looks clanky af. Even if mods did third person I don’t think it’d turn out pleasantly.

Some guesses for why they didn’t:
  • The game has tight spaces that would not look good in third person.

• They put a lot of emphasis on their dialogues and 1st person works better for them. They want the game to feel more personal.

• Character animations that are only noticeable in 1st person.
Really? Why do they have a full character creator then? I could have sworn they had full body first person. Guess I missed that.

If there is not full body first person then third person is nearly impossible because the locomotion animations wont exist, unless they can be taken from an NPC (which is possible even if they have a different skeleton with retargeting)

As to your points

• Proper Camera Collision (or special animation) can deal with tight spaces, or you can force into first person.
  • You can force people into first person for dialogues like Bethesda does.
  • This I don't see being a big deal. Any animation in first person works in third person as well.
The big issue is the lack of full body first person and locomotion animations. There is obviously a third person model because you see it in the game a lot.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Just to name a few

• Character models look good.
  • Clothing system.
  • Huge emphasis on body modification.
  • Limiting perspective seems dumb in RPG games unless they are isometric

I personally think the only games that benefit from being completely first person are horror games and Multiplayer Shooters.

That said, I wouldn't want Cyberpunk to be third person only. I want it to be both first and third person like Skyrim, Fallout, PUBG, etc. In a game about "Choice" you should give the players a...choice.

It would be nice to walk around and see V.

Last edited:
Just to name a few

• Character models look good.
  • Clothing system.
  • Huge emphasis on body modification.
  • Limiting perspective seems dumb in RPG games unless they are isometric

I personally think the only games that benefit from being completely first person are horror games and Multiplayer Shooters.

That said, I wouldn't want Cyberpunk to be third person only. I want it to be both first and third person like Skyrim, Fallout, PUBG, etc. In a game about "Choice" you should give the players a...choice.
Just to name w few in favor of first person:
  • Better immersion
  • Infinitely better for shooting mechanics
  • Great to control and aim with mouse and keyboard
  • You can get up close and personal and appreciate the attention to detail
At the end of the day, it's personal preference. There's absolutely nothing limiting about FPP.

A good example of game that offers both FPP and TPP and doesn't suck is GTA V or RDR 2. Skyrim and Fallout from Bethesda might as well lock you to first person.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
  • Better immersion
At the end of the day, it's personal preference. There's absolutely nothing limiting about FPP.

A good example of game that offers both FPP and TPP and doesn't suck is GTA V or RDR 2. Skyrim and Fallout from Bethesda might as well lock you to first person.
Which is why there should be an option to toggle between the two. I personally find first person less immersive than third person as I prefer to see my character's movements and reactions and not just their hands. Unless I'm playing a twitch shooter I don't want first person.

MiguelItUp

For those that want third person, there will be mods for that, surely. At least on PC of course. But who knows how well that'll function. Maybe it's something they'll implement later? Making it a choice? For what CDPR has done in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

To each their own, but I think first person works better here, especially when they're really wanting to immerse you in the world and experience. Players can still feel immersed in other perspectives, but first person definitely carries a bit further.

Last edited:
Which is why there should be an option to toggle between the two. I personally find first person less immersive than third person as I prefer to see my character's movements and reactions and not just their hands. Unless I'm playing a twitch shooter I don't want first person.
Why there should be an option? Why we can't respect CPDR vision? They experimented with TPP, it didn't work.

I prefer first person perspective but I don't go around crying that Uncharted, God of War or The Last of Us should have a toggle. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's not a personal attack but I've seen so many people compiling about this being this being only first person, it's ridiculous.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
  • Better immersion

If the game is first person AND Third person you don't lose any of those...

I only play skyrim and fallout in third person. In fact I mod them to make third person better (fallout 4 with third person to first person ADS is AWESOME). I like seeing my character in single player games.

My point was that it isn't hard to do both as Bethesda and a bunch of other games do it. I personally have developed 1rst/3rd person systems and the only reason to not have third person in a game like Cyberpunk is for balance (multiplayer FPS), horror, or budget reasons. That is just my opinion though as I hate limiting player choice in the things I do.

Stylistically it makes more sense to limit an RPG to third person than to first person as the visual progression of RPG characters are so important to the experience.

Honestly, Cyberpunk has a completely useless character creation and clothing system. All that work for a first person game...

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I’ll likely just do a new play through when next gen edition comes out

I don’t wanna wait tbh
Same, I'm not waiting any longer. Will be playing at launch with whatever boost/upgrades are there for next gen systems and the playing again when the full PS5 version releases.

Why there should be an option? Why we can't respect CPDR vision? They experimented with TPP, it didn't work.

I prefer first person perspective but I don't go around crying that Uncharted, God of War or The Last of Us should have a toggle. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's not a personal attack but I've seen so many people compiling about this being this being only first person, it's ridiculous.

Yeah I’m really not getting the people who want this to be third person AT ALL. Like the first Deus Ex was first person - the other two only went third person while in cover. And who plays fallout or elder scrolls in third person? It’s just a weird gripe I’ve never even thought of wanting a different perspective than what the developers intend you to play as first or third.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, Cyberpunk has a completely useless character creation and clothing system. All that work for a first person game...
YouTube told me that your stylistic choices in character creation effects gameplay, such as romance

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger is subjective

Guess I need to find a different adjective

Perhaps 'densest' if that word even exists

In that article I'd linked, CDPR did say that Cyberpunk 2077 is denser than The Witcher 3. Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of vertical game play, given that the game takes place the majority of times in a city, at least that's how the developers are marketing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom